Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm AR

Feedback Score

9mm AR

Hello,

What have been peoples experiences with the different 9mm AR's? I have been looking at buying a RRA upper but I thought I would ask what else people have had success with and what you have found to be unreliable.

Thanks,
    David

Feedback Score
    You won't go wrong with a Rockriver 9mm upper.
    what lower are you going to use ?(you need a round face hammer for it to work with 9mm.)

Brian

Feedback Score
    I have a Bushmaster and have been very pleased with it.

I don't have a lot of 9mm AR experience, but generally speaking I would recomend going with a 9mm system that has a interchangable mag system with Colt. It is my understanding that there are a small variety of mags, mag well blocks, etc for the 9mm platform. Going with the Colt type system should give you the largest choice when it comes to aftermarket parts or accessories that are offered now or might be offered in the future.
    I think the RRA uses the same Colt mag system.

For the Worlds Best Gunfighter Training
    Please visit http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/gunfighters

www.BravoCompanyUSA.com

www.BravoCompanyMFG.com

1 - 877 - BRAVO CO

Semper Fi !

Feedback Score
    My RRA 9MM SBR has been flawless for me. I had the bolt shaved and am using an M16 hammer instead of the standard 9MM hammer.

Oh Yea...and lots of eye candy

Thanks from the Staff at Mooneys Firearms LLC
    sales@mooneysfirearms.com
    http://www.mooneysfirearms.com/

512-971-3569

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have one of the first RRA 9mm's made. It has run perfectly and I love to shoot it. I would recommend going with a Colt based mag system as you can use the 9mm Beta's!

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Feedback Score
    My 9mm RRA has also run like a top. Right now I'm using the VM-Hytech mag block and un modified UZI magazines, and have had nothing but reliable feeding and fun The Colt style mag system is a good idea if you want to run beta mags as above. Right now I don't have an M16 so the VM system seemed a better idea for me personally.

OH, and I have midlength RRA uppers in stock now

Jason

Feedback Score
    I am running a 7" cut down RRA 9mm barrel from ADCO. I then added a Gemtech Trinity. Mag block is RRA, it works well. Magazines are modified UZI and Pro Mags. The Pro Mags so far have all held the bolt back after the last shot, but they don't drop free. The handguard is a DD 7.0, with a PRI front flip up and a YHM flip up rear. It's all topped off with an EOTech 512. Oh yea I'm running a Geissele match trigger, it works unmodified with this 9mm setup! No bolt ramping needed.

Once upon a time I had an Oly system 9mm. It worked, but I didn't like the magazines with the attached mag block as much as the Colt/RRA system.

"Take me boating or lose me forever..."

Feedback Score
    I just finished my 9mmAR build using RRA upper and lower, 5" TROS 3-lug barrel, and VM-Hytech mag block w/ un modified UZI magazines. First time out it ran like a champ. The only problem I experienced was with a damaged mag that wouldn't feed properly. My Trident 9 is inbound and will finish off my project.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Can someone take a picture or two of this mag block and explain to me the difference between running modified vs unmodified Uzi mags?

With the price of 5.56 going through the roof the sound of a 9mm AR is sounding better and better.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast