Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm AR

VLTOR Guest
    I personally love the 9mm AR platform. It's probably that fastest (mag changes) SMG ever made. The only way it could be made better is if it had a locking breech design. Without it locking feature, suppressing sound is hard to do when gases escape through the ejection port.

Even thought the UZI magazine conversions are nice, I have never got use to it. Every time I change the magazines, I accidentally keep hitting the original release, ejecting the Uzi magwell adapter.

Eric

VM HY-TECH Uzi Mag Adapter

Hahn Precision, sleeve adapter

Feedback Score
    I have probably the most simple set up:

Bushmaster Carbon 9mm with EOTech 512. It runs the polymer mags and Colt mags.

No problems whatsoever and the abiltiy to use Colt mags is a plus.

I've shot over 1000 rounds out of it so far and it runs great.

The light weight of the carbon fiber is nice and have seen no problems with durability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VLTOR
    I personally love the 9mm AR platform. It's probably that fastest (mag changes) SMG ever made. The only way it could be made better is if it had a locking breech design. Without it locking feature, suppressing sound is hard to do when gases escape through the ejection port.

Even thought the UZI magazine conversions are nice, I have never got use to it. Every time I change the magazines, I accidentally keep hitting the original release, ejecting the Uzi magwell adapter.

Eric
    Breech blast when running suppressed is the only thing that holds it back. It's not as noticable with really short barrels, but I'd still prefer a locking breech. It'd be nice when used in conjunction with CQBR length barrels, as opposed to the Glock 34 length ones that you need to get it pretty damn quiet.
    Save the Pandas!

-Tally Fortenberry
    -Capco Small Arms Research Group

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had good luck with a Colt RO934 SMG -- I like the fact that unlike the MP-5 the drills where (more or less) the same as my carbine.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Question: Has anyone tried or does anyone currently make a mag block or conversion for taking the 33 rnd Glock Hi caps?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VLTOR

Eric

VM HY-TECH Uzi Mag Adapter

Hahn Precision, sleeve adapter
    Eric,
    I have the same uzi mag block. I just got it and installed it in a PWA lower where it fit fine. But when I mate it to a RRA 9mm upper something in the block doesn't allow a flush fit. Do these blocks require minor smithing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold
    Question: Has anyone tried or does anyone currently make a mag block or conversion for taking the 33 rnd Glock Hi caps?

olympic offers rifles that accept glock mags in either 40 or 9mm

Feedback Score
    I've built a couple of 9s. I actually prefer the colt 2 piece block to my top load single piece. I was told when I bought it.. that it was a RRA block, but I think it is an ASA... I had to do a lot of work to the feedramp to get it to feed hollow points. The colt was a simple trial and error phase, got the spot.. drill and pin.

I too have found the ProMag waffle mags to be extremely reliable with no hiccups or feeding issues. At $12 from Natchez, they are a smoking deal. I have had no issue with Colt mags either, but I only have the plastic follower type. Both have always activated the BHO feature.

Feedback Score
    VLTOR: what is that supressor? it looks like it has a HOLO-type quick release mount. Thanks.....

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have experiance with the "National Magazine" AR-15 9mm mags at Midway? Does it activate the BHO? Feed reliably?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=933969
    If Guns Kill People, then Pencils cause misspelled words.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast