Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 9mm AR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I haven't SBRd yet. I'm waiting for Grant to offer his 9mm SBR uppers. I'll probably start the paperwork shortly though. Still trying to decide where I want to engrave it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I haven't SBRd yet. I'm waiting for Grant to offer his 9mm SBR uppers. I'll probably start the paperwork shortly though. Still trying to decide where I want to engrave it.
    Above the trigger........brother. High CDI factor there.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shot the 6450 today to zero it at 50 yards. Two clicks to the right and it was zeroed right out of the box. Blew the center diamond out of a shoot-n-see gridded zero target without problem.

The one thing I wasn't expecting is that it kicks more than my 5.56 ARs; by quite a bit. Granted, with the table/rest I had available to use it wasn't exactly in the pocket, but I guarantee you I'll have a bruise tomorrow after just 40 rounds of Blazer aluminum.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Shot the 6450 today to zero it at 50 yards. Two clicks to the right and it was zeroed right out of the box. Blew the center diamond out of a shoot-n-see gridded zero target without problem.

The one thing I wasn't expecting is that it kicks more than my 5.56 ARs; by quite a bit. Granted, with the table/rest I had available to use it wasn't exactly in the pocket, but I guarantee you I'll have a bruise tomorrow after just 40 rounds of Blazer aluminum.
    More felt recoil is from two reasons.
    1. You pushing at least a 115gr round (or more) down range (heavier than 55gr .223)........physics.
    2. More reciprocating mass......the carrier and buffer are heavier than a M16 carrier.......physics. (this is the reason why I'm shooting a 1/2 circle unshrouded carreir an a CAR 2.9oz buffer in my 3gun rifle. I may soon try a JP low mass carrier soon too).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    40 rounds give or take. 20 before the two clicks, 20 after. I think you can see the results of some of my flinches.

Feedback Score
    I have a stock Colt's and like it. My sons and I sometimes shoot plates with an ML3 mounted on a PRI gooseneck mount. That makes it hard to miss!

John
    Good shooting!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I'd like to hear more about these SBR uppers.

Feedback Score
    You are joking about the recoil and bruise, right? Yes, there is a little more felt recoil, but not THAT much!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgleg44 View Post
    You are joking about the recoil and bruise, right? Yes, there is a little more felt recoil, but not THAT much!
    No, not kidding. The benches they make you use at that particular range meant that the stock was sitting right on the ball of my shoulder and not the pocket. I didn't wind up with a bruise but it was definitely sore the next day.

Anything more than a .22 will leave you sore if you don't hold the gun correctly.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sore from a 9mm AR?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast