Thread: Looking for information / differences in bolt carriers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looking for information / differences in bolt carriers.

I'm in the market for a complete bolt carrier assembly for a future build. I am looking at the Daniel Defence complete carrier or the Bravo Company complete carrier.

Any difference in these ?

What would you guys go with?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray T View Post
    I'm in the market for a complete bolt carrier assembly for a future build. I am looking at the Daniel Defence complete carrier or the Bravo Company complete carrier.

Any difference in these ?

What would you guys go with?

Thanks.

I would go with the BCM. They are made and tested to USGI specs.

Feedback Score
    Holding one of each in my hands,I can see little difference in the two.Specs are similar and both look to be high quality.So IMHO it would come down to best price and availability.
    G&R Tactical has the best price Ive seen on the Daniel Defense BCG.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Blankwaffe View Post
    Holding one of each in my hands,I can see little difference in the two.Specs are similar and both look to be high quality.So IMHO it would come down to best price and availability.
    G&R Tactical has the best price Ive seen on the Daniel Defense BCG.
    I have a friend who is looking to buy a BCG for a Colt lower with a receiver/sear block. Is the DD BCG a M16 FA BCG or an AR15 SA BCG?

Brownells calls it an AR15-type, DD calls it a M16. Anyone know?

(Also, is it possible to put any greater number of acronyms in a question?)

ETA: Anyone know who is selling AR SA BCGs these days? The supply appears to have dried up.
    Last edited by Amicus; 10-29-09 at 17:25.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    I have a friend who is looking to buy a BCG for a Colt lower with a receiver/sear block. Is the DD BCG a M16 FA BCG or an AR15 SA BCG?

ETA: Anyone know who is selling AR SA BCGs these days? The supply appears to have dried up.
    Yeap,the DD BC is a full mass style carrier.
    DSG Arms has the LMT AR15 BCG is stock for around $126.00.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post

Unfortunately your friend is stuck using the Colt shaved BC (the one that looks like a C at the end) or a semi-auto BCG if he has the pinned in block in the lower. An M16 carrier will not clear the block.
    Last edited by Eric; 10-31-09 at 10:39. Reason: Correct bad info.

Feedback Score
    Some info on the sear block:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...=sear+block%2A

I was thinking that the AR15 enhanced carriers would work with the Colt sear block lowers.Pretty sure that my brother has an enhanced AR15 carrier in his Colt with a sear blocked lower....will have to inquire further.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankwaffe View Post
    Some info on the sear block:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...=sear+block%2A

I was thinking that the AR15 enhanced carriers would work with the Colt sear block lowers.Pretty sure that my brother has an enhanced AR15 carrier in his Colt with a sear blocked lower....will have to inquire further.
    Thanks Blankwaffe. It appears that this has been kicked around quite a bit. I performed a few searches on the subject, but did not kick over the one you cite above.

I have one Colt with a sear block that I run in stock condition. After reading some of the above posts I tried out a SA LMT BCG that I had lying around for a future project and it appears to function fine. (I'll have to actually shoot the bugger tomorrow to see for sure.) I can certainly understand why the FA carriers will not work.

(Sorry, Eric.)

Any other dos and don'ts?
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Follow up note: I ran a Colt Lightweight with sear block this morning using the aforementioned LMT semi-auto BCG. Shot about 30 rounds without any problems.