Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC BUIS

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

KAC BUIS

First off, the search function has not been working for me for two weeks now. It hasn't worked with Google Chrome or with Firefox so I haven't been able to research this myself.

I'm looking to get a different BUIS for my next build. I KAC's simplistic design but most important to me is the small sight aperture.

My conern with the KAC sights is the windage and elevation knobs being too easily moved though accidental bumpage while the weapon is and the slight itself being accidentally flipped up while slinged. This is the one I'm considering:

I was considering the 200-600m version, but may stick with the 300 (no elevation adjustment) model if the elevation adjustment is too prone to moving.

I see they offer a micro version of each, which has a smaller windage knob that may or may not be more resistant to accidental movement.

Does anyone have anything to say about these sights?

Like I said, my main concern is having the adjustment knobs inadvertently moved, thus messing up my zero. They also look like they may be prone to easily getting flipped up (like the Army issue BUIS) if they snag on something. If it weren't for the fact that it is difficult to find a good BUIS with a small sight aperture I would be looking elsewhere. Does anyone have any input?
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Looks fragile. If you are using your buis, then you are already having a bad day. A fragile buis would seem to be a bad choice.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It's absolutely NOT fragile.

They're good to go, and they do require a conscious pull 'up' to get them locked up, the dials are also FIRM, so even rubbing against gear they're very unlikely to change windage or elevation.

They also lay flush with the receiver so again it'd take a lot of accidentally snag them and pull them up.

I've got a 200-600m version on my SR-15, and a micro version on another gun, and both sights are absolutely good to go.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    One of the weak points of this site, IMHO, is the search function. It won't work with short words like "KAC", which really impairs its function.

I usually go to google and type this "site:m4carbine.net" plus whatever you want to search for.

Example:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
    Last edited by NMBigfoot02; 09-19-09 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    It's absolutely NOT fragile.

They're good to go, and they do require a conscious pull 'up' to get them locked up, the dials are also FIRM, so even rubbing against gear they're very unlikely to change windage or elevation.

They also lay flush with the receiver so again it'd take a lot of accidentally snag them and pull them up.

I've got a 200-600m version on my SR-15, and a micro version on another gun, and both sights are absolutely good to go.
    Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear, thank you.

I ususally go to google and type this "site:m4carbine.net" plus whatever you want to search for.
    Thanks for the tip. The search function on this site really does need to get overhauled.
    a former meatpuppet.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alistaire View Post
    Looks fragile. If you are using your buis, then you are already having a bad day. A fragile buis would seem to be a bad choice.
    It is absolutely not fragile.
    Ever used one?
    OP:
    While it may seem that the knobs are exposed and may be easily moved, they are not. The one I used was maybe a little stiffer than an A2 windage knob. The elevation mechanism wasn't that easily moved either, although it has been a while since I messed with one.
    I'm considering putting some KAC sights on a new build myself, and I like them although I have not used the micro versions.
    Last edited by m24shooter; 09-19-09 at 12:56.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    Fragile it is not the full size versions are issued to the military and on the sopmod block 2 i have both rear sights 300m and the 300/600m sight well worth the money i have never had a kac product that was not worth it

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You don't have to worry about the windage knob being accidentally rotated. If you want to be overly cautious, and this is just good practice anyways, you can use a paint pen to mark witness lines on the windage knob so that even if it is inadvertently moved/rotated a few clicks, you can easily see that it has been moved and can easily adjust it back to where it was when you zeroed it before.

Also, if you're definitely going to go with the KAC BUIS, I'd get the micro version(s) if I were you. They are cheaper and smaller, which is usually a winning combo when it comes to BUIS, optics, etc... Just my opinion, YMMV.

Feedback Score
    At 125$ retail the 600m micro is a great choice. The windage knob will not rotate by accident. We really worked hard to bring this sight to market and still be competitive in the com. market without comprimising our quality standard. Look for more products to come along these lines.

Fragile? I can't say i have ever seen a broken rear sight for the 10s of 1000s we have put in the field. Part of the theory of the sight not locking in the up position I'm sure has led to that kind of a success rate.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motorolahamm View Post
    Fragile it is not the full size versions are issued to the military
    That sounds like the general consensus. I'll have to check one out.

On a side note, simply because something is issued to the military does not make it a good piece of equipment.
    Last edited by panzerr; 10-05-09 at 14:55. Reason: sp
    a former meatpuppet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast