Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC BUIS

Feedback Score
    I agree but when you put product out there in that kind of numbers and don't get negative feedback you know things are right. If you put a piece of crap product in soldiers hands you hear about it ,.... quick. Those guys can break a hammer with a rubber anvil.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    At 125$ retail the 600m micro is a great choice. The windage knob will not rotate by accident. We really worked hard to bring this sight to market and still be competitive in the com. market without comprimising our quality standard. Look for more products to come along these lines.

Fragile? I can't say i have ever seen a broken rear sight for the 10s of 1000s we have put in the field. Part of the theory of the sight not locking in the up position I'm sure has led to that kind of a success rate.
    III,
    Whats the folded height of the KAC BUIS's?
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    At 125$ retail the 600m micro is a great choice. The windage knob will not rotate by accident. We really worked hard to bring this sight to market and still be competitive in the com. market without comprimising our quality standard. Look for more products to come along these lines.
    Mr. Knight,

Are the Micro versions of your sights replacing the older style or will they be offered in addition to the older style?

Thanks,
    Jason

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not III here, but...

Blankwaffe, I haven't measured the folded height of the two versions of the micro BUIS (I have both of them), but they are definitely the lowest profile BUIS I have ever seen, that's for sure. You will not find another BUIS that is more out of your way and unnoticeable than the KAC micros.

RAM, as of right now both versions, the micro and the standard size, of BUIS have been on the market for a while, so I would assume that they are keeping both of them, but that's just an (un)educated guess on my part. I would also assume that the market would drive those decisions.

Feedback Score
    RetreatHell thanks for the comments; Kevin or I will get an actual measurement up next wk and perhaps a side view of the two sights folded for comparison. You can kind of see the difference in the above pictures. The post is the same and you can see how much more post is exposed on the micro showing the difference in height when folded. Yes we will keep the older sights in production. They are under contract , have NSNs ,and are used on our rifles that are under contract and have NSNs. Even the RIS is still in production and avail even though it has been replaced for the most part by the RAS which has known better performance.
    Last edited by III; 10-03-09 at 21:41.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankwaffe View Post
    III,
    Whats the folded height of the KAC BUIS's?
    Folded height of the original P/N: 98474 (NSN: 1005-01-499-6868) 200-600M model is .470".
    Don't have a Micro here at home yet to measure for you today because all we have made to date were reserved for commercial/military customers.
    The Micro height is a little less.
    ColdBlue sends...
    (CB is David A. Lutz, Lt. Col. USMC (Ret'd) (1968-1991)
    Former (now retired) VP MilOps @ Knight's Armament Company (KAC) (1994-2012)
    "...if you can read this, thank a Teacher,
    if you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran..."

Feedback Score
    The KAC BUISs are some of my most used. The only problem I have with the rear BUIS is that the securing screw on the port side of the sight interferes with the the locking lever of a LaRue scope mount. It would be great if you redesigned the sight so that the screw is flush to the sight body as on the Troy mounts.

Some more KAC pron . . .

And of course the perfect mate for the KAC rear BUIS . . .

Last edited by Molon; 10-04-09 at 11:45.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Outstanding fella's.I very much appreciate the information and especially the mounted pictures.I have right at .500" under my optic and was looking for a BUIS that did not crowd the CH requiring a TAC latch.Looks like either of the KAC BUIS's should work for my needs.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankwaffe View Post
    Outstanding fella's.I very much appreciate the information and especially the mounted pictures.I have right at .500" under my optic and was looking for a BUIS that did not crowd the CH requiring a TAC latch.Looks like either of the KAC BUIS's should work for my needs.

The micro is really worth checking out. I am a fan of the smaller adjustment knob on this little beast.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Thanks Stickman.The micro is what Ive been looking for.The overall profile is about as "out of the way" as I could ask for.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast