Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What night sight setup do you use?

Feedback Score
    How is it with long range shots in low light with the 2 dots? It appears there is a visible gap with them if you could only go off the tritium...I am thinking that maybe 3 dots might be the way for me to go...
    “We don’t rise to the level of our expectations; we fall to the level of our training.” Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet, c. 650 BC

CERTIFIED GLOCK ARMORER

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What, to you, is a long range shot in low light conditions?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Trijicon 3 dot (green). They are nice and bright. I like the blocky rear sight for one handed malfunction drills. Been using their sights for over 10 years and yet to have one fail.

Thinking about giving Warren sights a try, however since I already have night sights the money would probably be better spent on practice ammo.

I have a weapon light on my work pistol. I have noticed that as soon as I turn the light on in a low light environment, the green dots are washed out by the white light, and I can easily seen the outline of my sights making aimed fire a snap. To tell you the truth, I could probably get away with standard sights as long as I have a weapon light or handheld flashlight. Just an observation though. I would still run some sort of tritium sight.
    Last edited by Dapimpspimp; 09-21-09 at 00:40.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    trijicon, yellow rear, green front on my G19
    i like em. i'm very curious about hte 2 dot sights like the XS big dot or the heinie straight 8's. kind debating putting a set of big dots on my G26... but i'll probably end up with trijis just like on my 19 for consistency.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapimpspimp View Post
    Trijicon 3 dot (green). They are nice and bright. I like the blocky rear sight for one handed malfunction drills. Been using their sights for over 10 years and yet to have one fail.

Thinking about giving Warren sights a try, however since I already have night sights the money would probably be better spent on practice ammo.

I have a weapon light on my work pistol. I have noticed that as soon as I turn the light on in a low light environment, the green dots are washed out by the white light, and I can easily seen the outline of my sights making aimed fire a snap. To tell you the truth, I could probably get away with standard sights as long as I have a weapon light or handheld flashlight. Just an observation though. I would still run some sort of tritium sight.

i find in medium to low light WITHOUT a light source, the tritiums really work nicely. usually i don't carry a light... i mean basically worst case scenario the tritium sight is equal to non-lighted irons.
    that said I've heard a lot of people say that sights disappear pretty fast in an actual firefight.

Feedback Score
    Ameri-glo Operators green/green on my G19.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Warren front only and Ameriglo Pro Glo front only. The Pro Glo's are very visable in all conditions. YMMV

Feedback Score
    All my pistols have three dot Trijicons. My Para's will eventually switch to the 10-8 rear leaving just a front tritium dot. My Glocks would get 10-8 rears if my agency allowed (not gonna happen).

All the rear dots received the blackout treatment from a marker on the white rings. The tritium is still visible, but the front is the only dot with a white ring making it stand out more to my eye.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All of my glocks wear the Sevigny Carry sights built by Warren. I love the smooth rear sight, the straight 8 formated lamps, and the contrasting colors (green front, dim amber rear)

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Warren 2 dot. I heard all the cool kids use them.
    That's why I use them.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast