Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok Sig experts, help me out

Feedback Score

Ok Sig experts, help me out

Ok Sig people I am taking the plunge but can't decide which one. It Must be in .40 so please do not suggest another caliber. This will be a sometimes ccw during the winter months and a safe queen alongside my Springfield 1911. Describe some of the things you like about your Sig or things you don't like. Also how is their customer service if you have ever dealt with them.

Here Are the Candidates

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...7&productid=90

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...8&productid=63

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=121

Thanks for all the help!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you considered HK?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

From everything I have heard it was built to shoot .40, it has a beefier frame than the 226, which was designed to shoot 9mm.

i dont think the 2022 is in the same class as either of the two choices.

Feedback Score
    I really like my issued 229 DAK. Shoots consistent and smooth. Accuracy is better than me. We have an instructor on staff that hit 9 out of 10 shoots from the 100 yard line with 1. I would not have thought it was possible but I saw it with my own eyes.

I like the contrasting night sights the best (2 yellow rear/1 green front). It really helps me at night.
    Barry

Feedback Score
    Dude, you can't go wrong with either choice.

The SP2022 is as durable as a diesel. That thing'll run and run...

Truly, this choice comes down to personal fit.

Tim

Feedback Score
    I have a P226 in 9mm and while I like it, that transition from DA to SA gets me, I think because my other guns are SAO. I don't know if the SRT would help or not, but there seems to be as much trigger travel in the first two shots with my SIG as with the whole magazine with my 1911

I find the P226 to be a little big for CC, not impossible, mainly just a bit heavy and butty.

I'd be really interested to try a P229 DAK.

I know you didn't ask, but I really like my Sig X-Five Tactical. But that is going the other way on size. Since you are thinking of it for Cold weather CCW, maybe it would work, but it is heavy and holsters are rare. At the range it is exquisite. Buddy has a hard time controlling his Glock 40SW and he can shoot groups a 1/4 th size with the Sig. It is very forgiving.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 09-20-09 at 18:24.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sigs

The 229 is by far my favorite. It is my first choice as my EDC.

Feedback Score
    P229, in either DAK or DA/SA, or Sigpro SP2022-whichever you index/shoot best with would be my recommendation.

Interestingly, despite the quite credible discussion here and on other forums about some spottiness/decline in recent (2005/2006 and later) SIG-Sauer quality, I have not heard or seen any complaints of such declines in the SP2022s to date...

Best, Jon

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    havent had to deal with any customer service related issues as my 226r dak 9mm is an issued duty weapon, but i have been shooting all types of guns for many, many years now, and i must say that the 226r dak is one of the finest service pistols ever. the double action trigger has a very consistent, light and smooth pull. if you have not shot one, i would suggest trying it out before your purchase, if its possible. i was a bit skeptical at first but after taking second place in a department shooting competition, it won me over. i absolutely love it. it is a very superior weapon. i also have a 229r dak in .40 in my safe. have only dry fired it, but have shot other .40 cal pistols. sig make a great gun. i think you would be happy with one.

Feedback Score
    P229

Get a used one though. The best ones are those without the rail and are a couple of years old.

It should be free of the issues that SIG has been having as of late.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast