Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winchester White Box .45ACP JHPs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks guys, appreciate the info.

One last question, does anyone know why the ammo companies still even produce these loads if they have such newer better performing stuff on the market? Just always wondered....
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    Because people still buy them...kind of like why they still sell hard and medium bristle toothbrushes, or push crappy beer like Olympia and Budweiser...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    and people still buy them because they are cheaper to make, and thus sell for a lower price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate the info.

One last question, does anyone know why the ammo companies still even produce these loads if they have such newer better performing stuff on the market? Just always wondered....
    Because they're cheaper and they still work, albeit not as well as the stuff that costs twice as much.

But then again, I've no dog in the WWB fight, my SA 1911 doesn't like WWB, be it ball or JHP. I feed it Remington's version of WWB and works just fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Found my notes on the gello shot we did here a couple of years ago.

Ref the WWB .38 +P 125gr JHP, fired from my 642, through heavy clothing, a three shot average was 829fps, expansion at .415, penetration 16"

I've seen worse .38 loads
    Last edited by tpd223; 09-28-09 at 03:12.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12