Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tell me why I should have a 6.8mm AR

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Get a complete rifle in 5.56 and then buy a 6.8 upper. Have the best of both worlds..
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    At this lull in black rifle pricing, when you can get a DD or Colt for less than $1250, that's an interesting option. However, if you don't have the extra $700 laying around, a complete lower from G&R and a 6.8 upper from Tim at Titan or Harrison at ARP is the best bang for your buck. If you really want to save money at the range, .22LR or 9mm is the way to go. If I could trade all my 5.56 stuff for 6.8, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The lack of P-mags would be the biggest heartbreak...
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have recently just sold all my .223/5.56 ammo and Pmags and had the bbl, gas tube, and GB removed from my LMT and sold as well. The LMT upper and lower are going to Oak Ridge Refinishing with all my 6.8 mags (Cprod) to be finished in a matte black/grey so they match and my girlfriend doesn't confuse them with 6.5 mags which are shiny black CProds and going to an Alex-A upper on an Essential Arms lower which looks nearly identical. As soon as the LMT setup comes back it's going to Cali for some Addax treatment with a WOA middy 6.8SPCII bbl, Vltor lo-pro GB, a JP/VTac rifle length HG, and some type of comp/FH. Re-arrival of said 6.8 gets a Tango Down VFG, Streamlight TLR-1 w/pressure pad, and Vortex Strikefire 4moa red dot. Might even try to SBR Stamp the LMT before it goes to Cali so I can build a 12.5" middy
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Where to buy?

Who has the best deal right now- good parts for a good price- for a 6.8 M4 upper. I might upgrade one of my AR's to 6.8.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drrufo View Post
    Who has the best deal right now- good parts for a good price- for a 6.8 M4 upper. I might upgrade one of my AR's to 6.8.

I just built my 1st 6.8(not the Titan)

I also recieved my Titan Armory 6.8x43 upper. For the best bang for your buck, that the route I would go. Below are my thoughts on it!
    (copied from my post off 6.8forums)

USPS delivery received 03/OCT/09

My preorder #65 extreme order came in today via USPS.

I proceeded to carefully open & unwrap my new upper,some things I noticed:

Well packaged & even had a descant to absorb any moisture in the sealed bag.

Visually,the fit & finish is excellent: no sloppy dings,dents,scratches(from both mfg & assembler). Feed ramps line up perfect.

Properly staked Young 16 carrier using torx head screws.

Firing pin retainer(the way Eugene Stoner intended it to be) not a cheap cotter pin

The I.T.S bolt is a thing of beauty.

I ordered it preassembled as I am going to be adding my own rail. In the meantime, I swamped the CH/BCG with Break Free & proceeding to hand cycle the upper to help work it in.

My pictures taking skills are seriously lacking thus no pics!

If it shoots as well as it looks(I expect it will) this will be 100% win for both price & performance
    Last edited by VLODPG; 10-04-09 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    ^^^^^
    Nice f-----g rig!!!!!!

I love how Tim takes the extra steps to ensure "utter reliability"down to minute details like the firing pin retainer and counter staking the gas key screws...
    Last edited by BLACK LION; 10-05-09 at 12:42.
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drrufo View Post

IMHO, I would get an upper from TITAN, BISON or AR15PERFORMANCE...
    Complete uppers start @ 650.00
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123