Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
Thanks man, and thanks for your service as well. Yeah after speaking with a few current Marines over the past year I'm VERY happy with the direction things have gone over he years in the Corps, however it's happened far too slow and still have a ton to learn. I still see plenty of vids of Marines in A'stan doing some of the same stupid ass shit that got me wounded. If our enemy had decent optics we'd sustain WAY more small arms fire casualties.
I agree 100%, we've gotten complacent over the past 12 years because we're not fighting an enemy that is equipped to the same standard we are. If they had ACOGs and rifles that were made in this century we'd be in for a bad day.

The main problem today is that we don't shoot nearly enough. When we're in the rear we might shoot two or three times a year, and then its just a basic combat shoot where the most demanding thing you have to do is a box drill. I think we should train to the level of SOF, at least as far as shooting goes i.e. lateral movement, reloading on the move, timed drills etc. But I'm just a lowly Lcpl, what do I know