Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned In Combat

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hey guys, here's an interesting video I found on YouTube today of Larry Vickers (from the show, Tactical Impact) going over some Training Scars, which in this case involves retaining an empty magazine during a reload while in the heat of a gunfight.

Larry Vickers Training Scars -Reloading

The above video is a pretty good visual representation of the same mistake I made of retaining my empty magazine during the gunfight that I was severely wounded in (covered in more detail on Page 1 of this thread).

Semper Fi,

-Paul

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Paul, thank you for your service, your sacrifices, and your excellent article. It is a wake-up call.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    In the first 10 seconds of the video above, notice how there is absolutely no movement when he fired on the empty revolver chamber. I suppose that's clearly why he is so highly regarded in the industry.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 04-11-10 at 22:04.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    We were fortunate back then in - our battalion gunner and several of our SNCOs had an backgrounds in Security Forces. The Gunner actually introduced the Enhanced Marksmanship Program, so our guys were practicing tactical and speed reloads in the hangar bay all the way to Kuwait in 2003. Fortunately it has caught on Marine Corps wide, although my concern now is that we tend to neglect unknown distance shooting beyond 50m.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    Hey guys, here's an interesting video I found on YouTube today of Larry Vickers (from the show, Tactical Impact) going over some Training Scars, which in this case involves retaining an empty magazine during a reload while in the heat of a gunfight.

Larry Vickers Training Scars -Reloading

The above video is a pretty good visual representation of the same mistake I made of retaining my empty magazine during the gunfight that I was severely wounded in (covered in more detail on Page 1 of this thread).

Semper Fi,

-Paul

Great link Paul. It is much appreciated. Thanks for your service. If your ever in Dallas I owe you a beer.

-Chance

Feedback Score
    Paul, God bless you man, and words can never be enough to express my gratitude and awe regarding what you did out there in the bad lands.

I recently came across this podcast from proarms. The first part is Mas Ayoob interviewing Ed Brown, but the second part (starting at 33:10) is an interview with Jared Reston, a police officer that was involved in a fatal shooting with a suspect. I hope that this is the right thread to place this in, but I'm sure that there are some lessons to be drawn from that altercation, especially for LEO's.

Officer Jared Reston shootout
    (scroll down, the player is at the bottom of the page; starts at 33:10)
    Last edited by DacoRoman; 06-06-10 at 22:45.
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Great read... Thank you!

Paul,
    Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and for your sevice to us in the marines; it is VERY much appreciated!
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Holy crap, I couldn't stop reading and my wife is yelling at me to get downstairs!

1st, thanks for fighting for me and my family. we appreciate you and the freedom you bought us.

2nd, great insights on combat and training habits.

God speed to you Paul.
    Last edited by **cutup**; 07-09-10 at 22:46.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I copied and pasted sans pics to www.hoosiergunclub.com.

It's been well-received!

Keep up the fight!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Inspirational and profound

Inspirational and profound, thank you for your service.
    If God is just, I tremble for my country. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast