Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned In Combat

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Paul,

From one 03 Grunt to another, thank you for your service and your sacrifice. Your story is a "must read" for anyone who goes in harm's way.

God bless, and welcome home brother.

Semper Fi,

SRT

Feedback Score
    Paul, I'll be home from Iraq in mid-Sept and planning on taking a Paul Howe course in mid Nov with some of my boys. I would really like to meet you and hang out and see if you want to come along.

Nick
    "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night..."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Vlad Tepes View Post
    Paul, God bless you man, and words can never be enough to express my gratitude and awe regarding what you did out there in the bad lands.

I recently came across this podcast from proarms. The first part is Mas Ayoob interviewing Ed Brown, but the second part (starting at 33:10) is an interview with Jared Reston, a police officer that was involved in a fatal shooting with a suspect. I hope that this is the right thread to place this in, but I'm sure that there are some lessons to be drawn from that altercation, especially for LEO's.

Officer Jared Reston shootout
    (scroll down, the player is at the bottom of the page; starts at 33:10)
    Thanks a lot for that link to that great story, man! I watched it a long time ago now but never replied back to you. I searched out a bunch of audio and video of Mas Ayoob after that and learned a lot of awesome stuff!
    S/F
    Paul

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    Paul, I'll be home from Iraq in mid-Sept and planning on taking a Paul Howe course in mid Nov with some of my boys. I would really like to meet you and hang out and see if you want to come along.

Nick
    That may just work, actually. It depends on several factors though. So just shoot me a PM when the time comes, maybe a week or so in advance, and maybe we can link up, man.
    S/F
    Paul

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    To everyone else, once again thank you all for the very kind words, they are VERY much appreciated and will not ever be forgotten.

Take care all and Semper Fi!
    S/F
    Paul

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thanks for educating and inspiring us, Paul.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    Thanks a lot for that link to that great story, man! I watched it a long time ago now but never replied back to you. I searched out a bunch of audio and video of Mas Ayoob after that and learned a lot of awesome stuff!
    Paul I'm really glad that you liked the interview. Mas Ayoob is a controversial figure for a variety of reasons, and he certainly has his detractors, but he is a good interviewer and I think he did a great service bringing Officer Reston's OIS story to the shooting community.

God Bless
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just read this whole post and first would like to say THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice. I'm prior service, Army, but I've been out since the end of 89. Yesterday I signed up for my first carbine class and can't wait to get started. Unfortunately it isn't until Nov. However, after reading this post I've learned a good bit. This seems like something very simple but I wouldn't have thought to store my empty mags in the cargo pocket of my pants. I would have dropped them and let them lie or tried to stuff them back in to the mag pouch also.

Great read!!

Feedback Score
    Paul,

Thanks for your service and sharing your story with us.

Feedback Score
    Thank you sir for your service and for helping all of us with the posting of your story......

Strength and Honor to you sir....

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast