Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned In Combat

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the article Paul, great information my friend.

Feedback Score
    Hello Paul,

Sad but instructive AAR, that will help a lot of people, hopefully.
    I would like to ask you a couple of questions though, because I didn't see anyone going that way here, but

Tactically speaking, you should have been covered by one of your teammates. Where were they? Where was the Officer In charge, since he should not have allowed you to move alone during a firefight?

Maybe that these questions are irrelevant, but I think they deserve to be answered...

Feedback Score
    RetreatHell,
    Thanks for the post man, it was really great to read and full of experiences. I was in Kirkuk in 2009 but situation was almost fine but I can imagine what have been lived untill then. Wish you luck in your life man.
    Regards,
    TT

PS: I greet forum with my first message from Turkey!

Feedback Score
    Thank you for sharing your experiences and lessons learned, Paul! And I wholeheartedly thank you for your service to defend me and mine!

Feedback Score
    Man I hope he didn't have to pay for that class, amazing story.

Feedback Score

These stories should be posted more often!

You can never train enough. As somene who has seen the elephant, I can tell you that you can never train too much. I'm always taking a class and expanding my knowledge whenever I can. I took the Intermediate Carbine Course with Titan Tactical Group about a month ago in Central Florida and will probably go back to their Advanced Combat Pistol Course when they bring it back down to Florida.

As an operator, I was humbled to see Eric, the Lead instructor at Titan shoot. He's a former Special Ops spook in the Intelligence Community and really knows his stuff.

I too hope that class was free for that kid. God Bless You son!

Feedback Score
    Same here, having seen that big animal, like sandman said you can't train enough, but with that said, I can't say enough about training content and how one trains. Sometimes it's not about quantity or quality (yes quality is paramount) but about content. It's not about always taking your typical 101 or basic course.

I know people that do the same training all the time, don't REALLY push the envelope, don't get out of their comfort zone, don't add duress to their training. This can give you a real false sense of security. If all they really train in is that typical Pistol 101 course, they're in for a rude awakening IMO. I agree fundamental are everything but you need to apply those fundamentals in more challenging situation once in a while. You need to increase your heart rate and shoot, you need to come out of your comfort zone. Otherwise, like I said you're in for a rude awakening.

Unfortunately I also think that too many instructors are forced (for lack of a better word) to just do basic or limited training when offering open enrollment courses. The average civilian CCW guy doesn't want to run 200 yards or do 25 push ups before running through some drills and really begin to see the difference of what it's like to shoot when your heart is racing and you're shaking a bit.

That's what's great about in house training when you working with a company.

R.
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman751 View Post
    You can never train enough. As somene who has seen the elephant, I can tell you that you can never train too much. I'm always taking a class and expanding my knowledge whenever I can. I took the Intermediate Carbine Course with Titan Tactical Group about a month ago in Central Florida and will probably go back to their Advanced Combat Pistol Course when they bring it back down to Florida.

As an operator, I was humbled to see Eric, the Lead instructor at Titan shoot. He's a former Special Ops spook in the Intelligence Community and really knows his stuff.

LOL! And what kind of "operator" are you sir?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

OK...if one were a Spec Ops spook/black helo rider/NSA/CIA/MI6/KGB why the **** would you be bragging about it to a bunch of carbine class students?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    WTF is an operator? I happen to have had the privilege of working with Navy SEALS, Force Recon personnel and even former Delta guys. I can tell you first hand, not one of them has ever referred to himself as an "operator".

I would also like to know more about this Titan company.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast