Page 281 of 404 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 4034

Thread: KAC Gear.... lets see what you've got.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    Where is everyone getting these SR-16 uppers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-uppers-coming

It was known at least a month before they were released. A very limited run. A one-time deal sort of thing. A KAC rep released a list of dealers who would be stocking them. Brownells was the first to receive their allocation, I think two weeks before the other dealers got theirs. As far as I know, all the SR16 uppers sold the day they were officially released, in at least one case (Brownells), within the hour. Although dealers were told not to pre-sell, some were taking customer's information and sending out emails to those on their waitlist. Either way, if you wanted one and weren't johnny-on-the-spot with your credit card in hand the day they were released, then you missed out. Of course a few of these have already been posted up for sale in the used market at a mark-up... and those have sold as well.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 08-14-17 at 13:51.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Boom.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Nice pair you got there! Throw that QDC FH on there and let's get out to shoot. I'll bring a QDC can to toss on there.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-uppers-coming

It was known at least a month before they were released. A very limited run. A one-time deal sort of thing. A KAC rep released a list of dealers who would be stocking them. Brownells was the first to receive their allocation, I think two weeks before the other dealers got theirs. As far as I know, all the SR16 uppers sold the day they were officially released, in at least one case (Brownells), within the hour. Although dealers were told not to pre-sell, some were taking customer's information and sending out emails to those on their waitlist. Either way, if you wanted one and weren't johnny-on-the-spot with your credit card in hand the day they were released, then you missed out. Of course a few of these have already been posted up for sale in the used market at a mark-up... and those have sold as well.
    What the hell?! I was following that thread but I never saw where they were actually released to dealers. I was waiting on Grant to say he had them in so I could get one. Well, this sucks.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Nice pair you got there! Throw that QDC FH on there and let's get out to shoot. I'll bring a QDC can to toss on there.
    I've got some work to do, but I definitely plan to get it hot when complete. Found a great spot for us to put in some long range work whenever you're ready.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    What the hell?! I was following that thread but I never saw where they were actually released to dealers. I was waiting on Grant to say he had them in so I could get one. Well, this sucks.

There was more discussion in the KAC subforum on TOS. Much of the information was disseminated on the KAC Owner's Group on Facebook. KAC reps are active in the group, and I'm not talking about low tier guys from the company. A lot of the finer details was spread through word of mouth between those who closely follow the group discussions.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I think I got an in stock notification from one of the few companies that had them but they didn't last long. I don't get the appeal though.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I can tell you need me test one of those uppers on my lonely KAC lower..

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think I got an in stock notification from one of the few companies that had them but they didn't last long. I don't get the appeal though.
    My 02 is that mod 1 uppers are no longer produced and the price point for these was less than a new mod 2. The badging and limited availability was just an added bonus.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    My 02 is that mod 1 uppers are no longer produced and the price point for these was less than a new mod 2. The badging and limited availability was just an added bonus.

Exactly. I couldn't care less about it saying SR-16, I just wanted a MOD 1 upper at a good price.

Page 281 of 404 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast