Page 52 of 404 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC Gear.... lets see what you've got.

Feedback Score
    Have my SR15 in my hands installing my Comp M4 tonight and to the range tomorrow pics to follow!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think a kac is in need. very soon. ill wait on a noveske.

Feedback Score
    Try to get your hands on the new KAC/Magpul SR-15. It's sick and the lightest AR I've ever put my hands on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    The trigger is the new Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced or SD-E....
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...277#post857277

In terms of the selectors....I currently only run the BAD-ASS ST ambi selectors or essentially a 45 degree throw that replaces the traditional 90 degree throw that ARs use. Lots of discussion on the BAD-ASS ST at the end of this thread including where Robb weighed in about running the ST's in all his guns.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...984#post865984
    Thanks Trident.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    I hope I did not post this in wrong section, but I could use some help. I just opened the sealed box and original case for my SR15 to get the gun out to clean and lube for range. Everything looks fine on the outside but I noticed that in the upper where the bolt rides there seems to be a great deal of area that does not have black finish?? it is more bare aluminum than any color?? I checked my Colt and while it has some wear it looks like it was black parkerized when new??

I would appreciate any help on this

Mike

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hi Mike, A pic is usually the best way to go to get a problem resolved over these forums.

More than likely what you are seeing inside of the upper receiver where the finish appears to be missing or removed is simply the dry film lube that LMT is notorious for using however I am sure KAC does it along with several other mfg'rs in the industry. If its just your dry film lube than its most def. not anything to worry about.

Hope that helps pal. Enjoy your new boomstick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrosamilia View Post
    I hope I did not post this in wrong section, but I could use some help. I just opened the sealed box and original case for my SR15 to get the gun out to clean and lube for range. Everything looks fine on the outside but I noticed that in the upper where the bolt rides there seems to be a great deal of area that does not have black finish?? it is more bare aluminum than any color?? I checked my Colt and while it has some wear it looks like it was black parkerized when new??

I would appreciate any help on this

Mike

Its the dry lube that is supposed to be there. It will wear off eventually if you fire the weapon.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Still my favorite non-FF rail:

Feedback Score
    Thank you much Trident and Stick zeroed and flawless!!! Substance did burn off and I am in awe with the weight and low recoil. I am gonna try and insert a phone pic.

Feedback Score
    Lol. That little old Aimpoint looks like it weighs more than the gun.

Nice blaster.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 52 of 404 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast