Thread: Preparation on a budget

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Banshee-Rifle-...773?nav=SEARCH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dylank0723 View Post
    There's a guy selling grey and black banshee carriers for $115 on eBay, new and he's got 100% feedback

Thanks if legit that is a smoking deal!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Life straws are an Amazon daily deal today.

Feedback Score
    SALES SALES SALES SALES SALES.

If you are on a budget sales are your best friend. (Duh) Don't buy stuff that isn't on sale unless you absolutely need to, buy canned items when theyre on sale (Make sure theyre not expired of course) and try to buy bulk when necessary.

Military surplus. Even if you are not looking to be uber tactical, military surplus has its place, often there are very cheap products at a high quality.
    Such as Halys Sekri PCU Level 7 sets for extreme cold weather, PCU Level 1/2 thermal undergarments and fleece. Military multi layer sleeping bags, military rucksacks, etc.
    But do keep in mind if you are looking to apply the grey man concept, to not buy camo clothing or military packs. Undergarments are fine.

Do research, find the best price to quality ratio items and wait for deals. Often times there are lightly used garments and packs that go on ebay for a fraction of the price. I see Arcteryx jackets at 50% off all the time, patagonia stuff can be had for a relatively fair price ive found.

Just because you are on a budget, just remember does not mean you are limited to low quality kit.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

JFYI . . .

There are three Walmart stores in my town, I was pleasantly surprised almost a year ago when I found they were carrying SureFire CR123A lithium batteries in the sporting goods department. They were priced $4.97 for a two pack. The only other brick and mortar big box retailer that I have found SureFire batteries at is Lowe's and they sell the two packs for $5.18. Several months ago the Walmart closest to me put the Surefire batteries on one of their rollbacks at $4.00 even. Needless to say this past weekend one of the other Walmart stores put them on clearance for a whopping $1.00. I did a double take! I didn't believe it so I squatted down to the peg and read the sku# on the label and made sure it matched the sku# located on the bottom of the bar code on the back of the SureFire packaging. They matched! So I took one and scanned it on one of those price check scanners they have. It came up . . . $1.00. I went back to the sporting goods aisle and cleaned them out, they had eight SureFire two packs left.

Not a bad hall for sixteen SureFire CR123A batteries at .50¢ a piece. Half of the packs have a shelf life date of 2025 and the other half 2026.

I went to the other two Walmart locations over the weekend, one didn't even have a place for them and none were in stock and the other location still had them at $4.00 per two pack. I had a clerk price check them at the register to be sure. I'll wait and see if they place them on clearance then I'll go clean them out as well. If you go to the electronics department they have Engergizer CR123A batteries for $9.97 per two pack and down the camping aisle they have Rayovac CR123A two packs for $4.82.

Just a side note, one of my local Walmart stores had the SureFire batteries hanging on a peg down the shooting accessory aisle, while the other store had them locked up in the case with the scopes, binoculars, and range finders.

Walmart.com currently has them listed "from $1.00" but when I click on the link the page displays the price as $4.00.
    https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...er:Walmart.com
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    JFYI . . .

There are three Walmart stores in my town, I was pleasantly surprised almost a year ago when I found they were carrying SureFire CR123A lithium batteries in the sporting goods department. They were priced $4.97 for a two pack. The only other brick and mortar big box retailer that I have found SureFire batteries at is Lowe's and they sell the two packs for $5.18. Several months ago the Walmart closest to me put the Surefire batteries on one of their rollbacks at $4.00 even. Needless to say this past weekend one of the other Walmart stores put them on clearance for a whopping $1.00. I did a double take! I didn't believe it so I squatted down to the peg and read the sku# on the label and made sure it matched the sku# located on the bottom of the bar code on the back of the SureFire packaging. They matched! So I took one and scanned it on one of those price check scanners they have. It came up . . . $1.00. I went back to the sporting goods aisle and cleaned them out, they had eight SureFire two packs left.

Not a bad hall for sixteen SureFire CR123A batteries at .50¢ a piece. Half of the packs have a shelf life date of 2025 and the other half 2026.

I went to the other two Walmart locations over the weekend, one didn't even have a place for them and none were in stock and the other location still had them at $4.00 per two pack. I had a clerk price check them at the register to be sure. I'll wait and see if they place them on clearance then I'll go clean them out as well. If you go to the electronics department they have Engergizer CR123A batteries for $9.97 per two pack and down the camping aisle they have Rayovac CR123A two packs for $4.82.

Just a side note, one of my local Walmart stores had the SureFire batteries hanging on a peg down the shooting accessory aisle, while the other store had them locked up in the case with the scopes, binoculars, and range finders.

Walmart.com currently has them listed "from $1.00" but when I click on the link the page displays the price as $4.00.
    https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...er:Walmart.com
    not fare at all.

thanks for sharing though. iv been getting the streetlight 123's in a 12 pack for $18.
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A lot of people put too much emphasis on having too many guns and too much ammunition instead of the basics that you will definitely need of S even begins to HTF.

Things that are cheap and pay dividends:

- A couple of five gallon jerry cans and a full tank of gas. I keep my tank constantly full and I have four five gallon Jerry cans I fill and rotate every month.

- A good two burner propane camping stove and a couple 20LB bottles of propane.

- Bottled water, as much as you can store as you really can't have too much.

- Batteries and a couple good flashlights and lanterns.

- If you live in an urban area, have a good map with pre planned ways out, preferably avoiding main roads and bridges. Have a safe place to get to outside the city.

- Dry food for one pot meals. It doesn't have to be that garbage freeze dried shit either. The Velveta shells and cheese in the box comes in about as many varieties as Hillary has missing e mails and mix well with tuna packets. Canned tuna or packets, instant oatmeal, peanut butter, beef jerky.

- A radio

Being prepared is really simple, break it down to "what do I NEED to survive for X amount of days" and then take it from there. I know from experience that I can thrive in the woods for five days with 30 lbs on my back, not including weapons and ammo. Preparing for name-a-scenario isn't too much different. The basics are what you really need, anything else is a bonus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    A lot of people put too much emphasis on having too many guns and too much ammunition instead of the basics that you will definitely need of S even begins to HTF.

Things that are cheap and pay dividends:

- A couple of five gallon jerry cans and a full tank of gas. I keep my tank constantly full and I have four five gallon Jerry cans I fill and rotate every month.

- A good two burner propane camping stove and a couple 20LB bottles of propane.

- Bottled water, as much as you can store as you really can't have too much.

- Batteries and a couple good flashlights and lanterns.

- If you live in an urban area, have a good map with pre planned ways out, preferably avoiding main roads and bridges. Have a safe place to get to outside the city.

- Dry food for one pot meals. It doesn't have to be that garbage freeze dried shit either. The Velveta shells and cheese in the box comes in about as many varieties as Hillary has missing e mails and mix well with tuna packets. Canned tuna or packets, instant oatmeal, peanut butter, beef jerky.

- A radio

Being prepared is really simple, break it down to "what do I NEED to survive for X amount of days" and then take it from there. I know from experience that I can thrive in the woods for five days with 30 lbs on my back, not including weapons and ammo. Preparing for name-a-scenario isn't too much different. The basics are what you really need, anything else is a bonus.

Great post sir.

I have/do everything on your list besids a good radio. Mine is OK

Feedback Score
    The thing that will separate those who survive a SHTF scenario and those who get killed for all their preps are going to be the skills they have. be able to go on a long hike and camp out for a few days. Be able to use a map. Have a map of a few bug out spots. Be able to ruck 12- 15 miles with a rifle. Know how to trap for food. Know how to set up an ambush. If you buy 1500 dollars worth of food / gear but cant make it up a flight of stairs without breathing heavy, someone is likely going to kill you and steal your shit. but to go along with the thread you can't go wrong with rice, beans, and .22lr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWrench173rdABCT View Post
    The thing that will separate those who survive a SHTF scenario and those who get killed for all their preps are going to be the skills they have. be able to go on a long hike and camp out for a few days. Be able to use a map. Have a map of a few bug out spots. Be able to ruck 12- 15 miles with a rifle. Know how to trap for food. Know how to set up an ambush. If you buy 1500 dollars worth of food / gear but cant make it up a flight of stairs without breathing heavy, someone is likely going to kill you and steal your shit. but to go along with the thread you can't go wrong with rice, beans, and .22lr.
    Well are t you a narrow minded negative nancy. No need for YOU to worry about prepping for multiple scenarios including a long stay at home. Leave that up to us. You're welcome to leave your house at the slightest occurrence of any problem

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast