Thread: Need input

Feedback Score

Need input

Ok as well as having just traded for a Bushmaster 9mm I have also ordered a matched upper and lower receivers. I am toying with the idea of SBR'ing this one what paperwork is involved with this?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Form I and you would have to engrave it once it was approved.

Check this website out for forms
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    how long does the paperwork usually take? I also wanna make this a piston gun is that feasible on an sbr'd ar or even worth it?

Feedback Score
    I'm not even sure I wanna make it a 5.56 rifle yet I was thinking 6.8 or 458 SOCOM, lol I'm just not sure yet

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It depends on a few things, what state do you reside in? For MD I have to submit my paperwork to the State Police first, where they conduct a background check through CJIS. That can take anywhere from a week to two months. Once I get those back I submit the form 4's (form 1 in your case) to the ATF along with a $200 check. That can anywhere from 3 months to 6 months. If you have a trust it tends to be a little bit quicker since you do not have to go through with getting a CLEO signature. If you are gonna through the process of registering a Short bbl receiver, I would put write down different calibers and different lengths. 6.8 would be a good choice for a SBR as they have a little bit more velocity than 5.56 in the sbr dept.
    Last edited by Ak44; 09-28-09 at 21:54.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    Well I live in the wilds of MT. where we just passed a law that guns manufactured and owned in MT. will never be subject to Fed. laws. Now I have no idea how that will hold up when push comes to shove but it's why I chose made in MT. receivers. I already hold a ccw not that you need one since it is open carry here now. Yeah 6.8 is kinda what I was leaning towards. Also a CCW here only took a couple weeks if that.
    Last edited by Broncs; 09-28-09 at 21:59.

Feedback Score
    Let me as a real dumb question here as I am kind new to AR's but if I have a stripped upper can I make a 6.8 out of it or do I need to get a dedicated 6.8 upper?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncs View Post
    Let me as a real dumb question here as I am kind new to AR's but if I have a stripped upper can I make a 6.8 out of it or do I need to get a dedicated 6.8 upper?

Get the 6.8 upper.

That said, your being new to the platform, I'd suggest the 5.56 over the 6.8. Ammo and parts are easier to obtain, and some 75gr. 5.56 TAP will serve you very well for any special needs.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 09-29-09 at 12:46.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Get the 6.8 upper.

That said, your being new to the platform, I'd suggest the 5.56 over the 6.8. Ammo and parts are easier to obtain, and some 75gr. 5.56 TAP will serve you very well for any special needs.
    +1 to what he said...