Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's see your backup Handgun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Can you give some more info on that Taurus? How has it held up for you? What does it shoot like, in terms of accuracy, recoil, feeding and extraction?
    Maximus83

For the size of this gun and having a polymer frame, one would think it kicks like a mule. Quite the contrary...the recoil is more of a push, that even my 97lb, 5'6" wife can easily handle. I have only had a total of 3 failures to function in over 5000 rounds through this gun. One was a feed problem and upon inspection of the cartridge, it's overall length was longer that the standard 230gr 45acp. Two other FTF's were extraction problems after the gun had been shot over 200 founds without cleaning. Accuracy is much better that I would expect with such a short barrel and an inexpensive cost. Here is one of my targets, that I shot freehand from a modified Weaver stance at either 15 or 25 yards. I usually mark them.
    All it takes for evil to occur, is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!

Feedback Score
    Wow, that is an impressive group. I bought a Taurus PT140 some years ago, and shooting it was like spraying bullets all over the target. It was far, far inferior to any of my other handguns.

I was truly amazed at how inaccurate it was. Your gun obviously has no such problem.

--

Feedback Score

My LCP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceOregon View Post
    Wow, that is an impressive group. I bought a Taurus PT140 some years ago, and shooting it was like spraying bullets all over the target. It was far, far inferior to any of my other handguns.

I was truly amazed at how inaccurate it was. Your gun obviously has no such problem.

--
    You are not the first I have heard from about the PT-140's inaccuracy. I have heard very few such reports about the PT-145. I have let others shoot it and most have been impressed with the accuracy and comfort of the gun. Double taps are very easy to accomplish with this gun. There is very little muzzle flip. You do feel a definate push back into your hand though.

tex
    All it takes for evil to occur, is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123