Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAR Fielding/Deployment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Soooo.....

I just picked up one of these. What is the recommended height Larue mount for a T1?
    pics?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    ...However, other words like 'elusive' and 'niche' do come to mind.
    You could say the same for just about any piece of equipment that was introduced throughout most of our military's history. Only a moron would expect a new rifle to magically appear in every unit's armory at the same time.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    Personally, I think a lot of the hype surrounding the SCAR is people wanting a new toy.

Again, I have seen this movie before. When the Army had .45's everyone had to have a 1911.

Wow...you've been in the business A LONG time.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've seen one at the Nation's Gun Show, and then one came into my local ffl on a transfer. It is an ugly color, they are making a few limited black SCARs which would look better imo. I don't really see the allure, I would gladly take two Colt or Noveskes over a SCAR. RAM I hope you paid MSRP and not some bloated price. Congrats on the rifle though, I'm sure you will get some jealous stares at the range
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Soooo.....

I just picked up one of these. What is the recommended height Larue mount for a T1?
    SCAR front sight looks big through every optic I've put on mine, including full-sized Aimpoint. I've tried various heights for Aimpoint Micro, and came to conclusion that I'd prefer to run mine with front sight down. With that, the height of Aimpoint mount is dictated by personal preference; I use a tall one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    SCAR front sight looks big through every optic I've put on mine, including full-sized Aimpoint. I've tried various heights for Aimpoint Micro, and came to conclusion that I'd prefer to run mine with front sight down. With that, the height of Aimpoint mount is dictated by personal preference; I use a tall one.
    I used the "HK 416" height mount for my T-1. It works best for me, but I also keep the irons folded down. YMMV.

Lynn

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LockenLoad View Post
    pics?
    As soon as I get it off lay-a-way. I went in to my dealer to buy a Glock 17 RTF, and he conveniently didn't tell me about the SCAR until after I'd paid for the Glock. Not enough cash on me to walk out with the SCAR.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Freshly View Post
    I used the "HK 416" height mount for my T-1. It works best for me, but I also keep the irons folded down. YMMV.
    The HK is between the standard and "Lower 1/3rd" heights in the Larue mounts, correct?

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting it. I hadn't planned on one anytime soon, but the price was too good to pass up.

Jason

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the update Sir.
    I really like what FN is doing when it comes to the SCAR system. The biggest small arms company in the west, working straight with the operators, moving back and forth, changing and improving the system, to turn it into exactly what the operators want.
    This is a battleship maneuvering with the agility of a speed boat.
    You don't see this too often from a major player. This way the SCAR system is very hard to beat by anything else out there.

I have one question regarding the deployment in Afganiatan. With a lot more open area, what is the proportion of Mk17s and Mk16s in that theatre?

Feedback Score
    Good read, please keep us posted.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I have one question regarding the deployment in Afganiatan. With a lot more open area, what is the proportion of Mk17s and Mk16s in that theatre?
    Do not expect this to be answered.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast