Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Generation Glock

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good info, thanks.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    They will "bring back" the normal slide serrations for the 4th gen, and only the RTF2 frames will have the partly circular scallop type of serrations.
    Praise the lord!

I'm holding out for a new G19 of this sort to compliment my G19 on my person.
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 10-07-09 at 10:12.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Surprised there isn't an ambi slide release.

Feedback Score
    will this 4th generation pistol completely replace the older style 3rd generation?
    Some of us like the current G17 and G19s

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why continue with the "RTF" model roll out when you have these coming?

I'm hoping for one of these "gen 4" guns in a G-19 & G-17, but I'll probably get a G-22 as well, since I've never found a .40 that I liked enough to keep.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    Bummer, I was hoping for ambidextrous slide release and mag release.
    I cannot comment much on this gun due to an NDA, but as a general rule "button-style" mag releases are better off being reversible than ambidextrous. Ambi buttons often get pressed inadvertently by holsters, seatbelts, etc.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLB View Post
    will this 4th generation pistol completely replace the older style 3rd generation?
    Some of us like the current G17 and G19s
    I suspect they will replace the current 3rd Gen and RTF models because I think it would be too expensive to run different production lines & molds over any length of time.

But I imagine the 3rd Gen guns will be available for some time as production and parts wind down.

By MAP's description if you like the current guns, as I do, you'll love this one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    How much in your opinion can the smaller backstraps decrease the size of the grip?

I ask because I have been trying desperately to get my wife to switch from a DA/SA Walther P99 to a G19, but they are just too big for her hands.

I would love to be able to pull off commonality of parts, mag, holsters, etc. for our concealed carry rigs.

If I can get it to fit I will buy two 19's as soon as they become available.
    The big difference in the grip size that I noticed was distance between the trigger and rear of frame. The grip circumference may be smaller. It definitely feels like a Glock.

Mike

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your insight Mike. I always hated the grip angle on Glocks. Hopefully, this design change will be more ergonomic to my hand. The changeable backstraps, has peaked my interest considerably in purchasing a G19 and or 17.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    A friend handled one of the new 4th Gen guns at the recent AUSA show. He sent me this report:

.......It will have three swappable grip backstraps that hinge in from the base where the lanyard hole is and that is held in at the pin in the backstrap. He said the current plan is to provide two pins for the different width backstraps.
    Great info. This makes me wonder what Crimson Trace might be able to make in terms of a new model of Lasergrips that is more securely mounted to the frame and offers a lower profile than the current LG-617 and LG-619.

Anyone heard anything about any efforts in this area?

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast