Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P226 Navy 50,000 rounds (update 04/14/2010)

Feedback Score
    Great thread and an excellent testimony to the benefits of routine maintenance. My high mileage HKs are also cleaned after every range session, and they show little wear for their round counts. Through a long history with dirt bike and mountain bike chains, I've learned that simply adding lube to dirty machinery creates a grinding paste that accelerates wear. Pistols seem to be no different.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecoyote View Post
    Today 04/14/2010 the Sig 226 Navy has shot 55,000 rounds, and it is still going strong!
    I'm impressed. It will be interesting to see how far you can take her. Thanks for the post and keep us updated!

Feedback Score
    56,500 rounds to date, and no problems!
    "Among the men who fought on Iwo Jima, uncommon valor was a common virtue."
    - Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, US Navy, 16 March 1945.

Feedback Score
    60,000 rounds and it's still going, going, & going!

Duty station here....duty station there...
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Definately a testiment to the old Sigarms company before 2005. They used to make some good guns.
    "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2

Glock Armorer
    Sig Sauer Armorer
    Colt M16/M4 Armorer
    Remington 870/11-87 Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    I'm also a Sig armorer and agree it's time for some major renovations, have the gun gone through for safety's sake. Things like sears and hammers do wear out and having a pistol go Full auto on you is not as fun as it sounds when you are not expecting it. Our department recently transitioned from the Beretta 92D to the SIG 229 DAK in 9mm, so far we are most impressed with the weapons with the only issues being sight regulation and 1 broken sear spring. Both easily remedied. We have not had any QC issues as of yet and the Officers recieved them well and more importantly Qual scores jumped appreciably. Only time will tell the whole story but for now we are happy. All of our pistols have 2010 manufacture dates.
    Last edited by Bigun; 01-16-11 at 11:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Definately a testiment to the old Sigarms company before 2005. They used to make some good guns.
    Entropy, You're starting to sound like a broken record. Why do you feel the need to shit in every SIG thread, especially this one where the OP is proud of his firearm? I understand that you believe that every SIG made after 2005 is a POS. I guess the SIGs that I have bought after 2005 are the few out of the hundreds of thousands that they have produced since then that actually work.

Please don't throw your I'm a "DOI armorer" line back at me, because I already know that since you say it in every post that you make. Being an "armorer" is nothing special. Anybody can become a "certified armorer" if you want to lay down the $300 to become one, but I decided to be thrifty and buy a $20 DVD that shows me exactly what they teach in the class. I do my own work on my SIGs, it's not hard at all.

BTW... what branch of the DOI do you work for? Park Ranger or Fish & Wildlife?
    Last edited by S-1; 01-16-11 at 16:13.

Duty station here....duty station there...
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S-1 View Post
    Entropy, You're starting to sound like a broken record. Why do you feel the need to shit in every SIG thread, especially this one where the OP is proud of his firearm?
    Actually, since his pistol was made in 2004, I am giving him a compliment
    "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2

Glock Armorer
    Sig Sauer Armorer
    Colt M16/M4 Armorer
    Remington 870/11-87 Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    love this thread.
    Any chance of a bore shot?

Feedback Score
    The Sig P226 Navy is still going strong. It now has 62,100 rounds. Nothing has been replaced, except (as stated) the recoil spring every 5,000 rounds.
    Accuracy does seems to be diminishing a little.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast