belt and put in a riggers belt)
    - Eagle FB M4 pouch
    - TAG double pistol pouch
    - Eagle med pouch (all the med supplies are in
    a tear away pouch)
    - Safariland 6004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm using Eagle AK and M4 FB chest rigs for my various rifle set ups with custom made Esstac yokes. I took an LMS Defense 1-day AK clinic back in march; the yokes were brand new that week, so the class was the first time I got to try one out. It made using the rig much more comfortable. I know the weight of 3 mags + odds/ends isn't anything to complain about, but the classic Eagle "X-straps" were just plain uncomfortable after time. The gear paired with the rifle and sling worked very well together.

AK rig when i first got it:

AK rig in current configuration (don't mind the grip ):

AR rig (pretty much the same):

the yoke:

Not pictured is a hydro carrier that attaches to the fastex buckles on my shoulders and secures to the waist strap on the bottom.

the sling is a Blue Force Gear Vickers. It's shared between my AR and AK until I can buy a 2nd. I've used this in multiple competitions on my AR, and on my AK in this training class and I can't find a single complaint.

i have my sling attached to the front loop with an H&K snap hook. on the rear, i have it looped around the sling swivel in the stock. to be honest, i don't like the way it's set up in the rear. i have to take my dominant arm out of the sling in order to shoot from my nondominant shoulder. i believe that if i did not have the monsterman grip installed (thanks a lot, CA), then i could have the sling installed closer to the rear end of the receiver around the thin part of the stock, and it would make carrying and transitioning shoulders a lot easier.

thats about it
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texas12 View Post

Second line
    - Eagle LE FB chest rig (I put a carabiner
    on the straps to keep them from rubbing up
    against my neck)
    - Eagle FB M4 pouch
    - Eagle 100rd SAW pouch
    - Benchmade rescue hook
    - CAT tourniquet

First line
    - Eagle MOLLE padded belt (removed the inner
    - Eagle FB M4 pouch
    a tear away pouch)
    - Safariland 6004
    How well do those TAG pistol mag pouches retain the Glock mags, I know that they use a magnet for retention, just wondering as I plan on getting a Glock in the future and my current mag pouches, Eagle FB, will not work with Glock mags and I would like to have pouches that work with all my pistol mags when I get a Glock.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Eagle PC with Cumberbun
    Blackhawk triple mag
    3 Blackhawk strike mag pouches
    SOG Seal Pup Elite
    Magpul MS2 sling
    Raven Concelament Systems LC for Kimber Warrior and X300
    RCS double Mag holder.
    Last edited by Nav195; 07-12-10 at 22:24.

Feedback Score
    how well does the mags hold in a open mag pouch like the one on your chest rig, as far as running, crawling etc

Quote Originally Posted by texas12 View Post

Second line
    - Eagle LE FB chest rig (I put a carabiner
    on the straps to keep them from rubbing up
    against my neck)
    - Eagle FB M4 pouch
    - Eagle 100rd SAW pouch
    - Benchmade rescue hook
    - CAT tourniquet

First line
    - Eagle MOLLE padded belt (removed the inner
    - Eagle FB M4 pouch
    a tear away pouch)
    - Safariland 6004

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreckp View Post
    How well do those TAG pistol mag pouches retain the Glock mags, I know that they use a magnet for retention, just wondering as I plan on getting a Glock in the future and my current mag pouches, Eagle FB, will not work with Glock mags and I would like to have pouches that work with all my pistol mags when I get a Glock.
    The TAG pouch is nice you should be able to run both your 1911 mag and glock mags in them. The retention is good with both and the magnet with elastic helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverineSIERRA View Post
    how well does the mags hold in a open mag pouch like the one on your chest rig, as far as running, crawling etc
    I haven’t had any issues with mag retention in any of those situations. The eagle FB pouches are top of the line and you don’t have bungee cords or straps in the way.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

USGG LLCR with USGG triple shingle and 2 ATS doubles (will hold all mag types, great pouch)
    best chest rig ive ever used. US Grunt Gear is amazing!
    -Joe
    Last edited by masakari; 07-20-10 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    First Line:

Wilderness Instructor CSM Belt
    Atomic Dog Holsters P-Mag pouch (x2)
    Atomic Dog Holsters double Glock mag pouch
    Crossbreed Supertuck IWB for my G19 (not pictured)

Second Line:

Eagle/SKD universal chest rig
    SO Tech IFAK pouch

I love the A.D.H. pouches. The lead time was only two weeks and I think I spent $70 on all three of them shipped, so they were a lot cheaper than similar pouches from Raven. Brian was a great guy to work with and I highly recommend him; so far I've done a few hours worth of dry fire practice, drills, and two afternoons of shooting with them and they have held up great. I wanted something less bulky than the chest rig to run for IDPA (obviously) and CFDCC/FDCC if I ever actually attend a shoot. They are also fairly concealable, and disappear if I wear them under a regular undershirt AND a Columbia-type fishing shirt.

The only negative things I have to say about the Eagle chest rig is I wish it had more molle on both sides of the pouches, and it could use bungee retention on the two middle mag pouches. I originally bought it for use as an active shooter rig once I finished the academy, but since I got shot that plan was put on hold, which leads me to my next purchase: armor and a carrier. I wish it supported plates, but that's what something like the HSGI Wasatch is for, so I'll probably buy one of those next. For my first piece of real gear, it has held up great (even though I haven't abused it at all... yet) and works very well. I prefer reloading from the belt, but I can just refill the kydex pouches from the chest rig if I want to.

The SO Tech pouch and some of the supplies I got a great deal on. I got the following for $19 at a machine gun shoot:

- SO Tech pouch
    - HemCon 4x4 bandage
    - CAT tourniquet
    - NPA (size 28f) and surgi-lube
    - (2) six inch israeli bandages
    - (1) four inch israeli bandage

I added the nitrile gloves (only put one pair in there because I always have a pair in my pants pocket whether I'm going to the grocery or the gun range, so that's two pairs on my person when I have my gear), kerlix, shears, sharpie marker, 4x4 gauze pads, surgipad, and about 10-12 feet of duct tape wrapped on a plastic Wal-Mart gift card myself, along with six safety pins. Total cost of my med kit was about $25 to myself. I shouldn't have to explain why I have it considering it's a good idea to have around guns and especially since I already caught one last year.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Those pouches look cool I need to checking them out and I think I will be ordering from them soon.
    Last edited by Sierrahotel83; 07-22-10 at 22:01.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    I'll probably order a holster from him soon. If he could do a G19 + TLR-1, I'd definitely do it as soon as I had the money. However, he said he's going to wait to do lights until there are more gun models offered.

Page 7 of 130 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast