Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    That was something I was actually wondering if he was gonna do pistol with lights... I will probably wait to get pouches til I decide what pistol I want to get this fall, actually August... altho I like the look of the Pmag pouches... might have to order some of those soon.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. Those mags are NOT coming out of the pouch unless you tug on them pretty good. The retention is really good; they pop in and out noticeably.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I had a bit of "leftover" armor (both soft and hard) after I got out of the service, so I decided to put together the best rig I could on a budget. I did some research and found that a few years ago a company by the name of Tactical Applications Group (not the other TAG) put a side-opening vest together that used IBA soft armor and SAPI plates. It was called the Spartan and had fairly favorable reviews, but wasn't side-plate friendly, so they improved it with the Spartan II, which has a cummerbund that accepts 6x6 AND 6x8 issue plates. They also made it easily adjustable for both width and height, which is nice as I'm fairly skinny but tall (6'4"). It ended up being so popular with Marines that they basing their MTV off of it, but managed to screw that up in typical bureaucratic fashion by changing the armor cut, but that's another story. Anyway, TAG's Spartan II seemed like exactly what I was looking for and managed to score one off Ebay for cheap, and since it was in USMC coyote brown, cheap matching pouches by Eagle were plentiful and easy to find. The only pouch I didn't score off ebay was the BFG Ten-Speed triple M4 pouch, which makes reloads quick and easy, but with positive retention so I don't have to worry about mags flying out. The USMC issue Eagle pistol magazine pouches were too narrow for my G19 mags so I had to slightly modify them but they appear to be designed so that the user can do exactly that, so it was quick and easy. I went with a vest mounted holster for my G19 because in my experience when you have to put stuff on in a hurry you tend to forget "little things" like drop leg holsters and this way I've got everything on my vest so I can just grab my rifle and go. The only thing I see improving in my set-up is the IFAK, which isn't in the best spot for self-aid and is a little big as I wanted something large enough to hold a decent amount of medical supplies.

I ran this vest this weekend for a M4C.com regional shoot (without SSAPI's) and found it to be extremely comfortable and significantly better than my previous issue IBA and IOTV. It seems very well made while offering quite a bit of protection. It offers a lot of flexibility as both large and medium SAPI's fit, so along it's built-in SSAPI carriers I can mix-and-match depending on the situation if I need more mobility or protection from rifle-caliber threats. I usually only keep 3 mags in my front M4 pouches but can carry 6 if need be, upping my rifle mags from 6 to 9 and can also add more pistol pouches as well.

TAG - Spartan II Vest w/ Medium SAPI's, IBA soft inserts, and SSAPI's
    Eagle Industries - Double M4 mag pouch x1, Single M4 mag pouch, Single M9 mag pouch x2, Glock 19 Molle holster x1, Hydration Carrier (I got a good deal on this one in Ranger Green)
    S.O. Tech - IFAK
    Blue Force Gear - Ten Speed triple M4 mag pouch
    Maxpedition - Rolly poly MM dump pouch in ACU (I've had this on every set up I've ever had, great dump pouch and a bit of a good luck charm over the years so I kept it despite my hate for anything in ACU)

PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I really wish I had gotten the Spartan II instead of the the Spartan I... Also I wish I had checked the size before I bid on it... Medium... I am kinda a big guy... I just wish I could find a cummerbund for it tho...
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreckp View Post
    I really wish I had gotten the Spartan II instead of the the Spartan I... Also I wish I had checked the size before I bid on it... Medium... I am kinda a big guy... I just wish I could find a cummerbund for it tho...
    I know someone out there makes a cummerbund that's designed to upgrade MOLLE plate carriers but if I were you I'd stay with your Spartan or sell it and get the improved model.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tagged.tom.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreckp View Post
    Finally found that cummerbund that can retrofit molle vests, it's made by Mayflower

http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/...KIT/Detail.bok
    PRAISE THE FALLEN

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    This is a civilian load out with a S&W M&P15TS, M&P9 and USPalm Defender with soft body armor panels. The whole set up can be grabbed quickly and does not weight much. Sure, rifle plate would be nice, but they are expensive...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Good looking set up. What have you done to attach the shackle for the front sling attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
    This is a civilian load out with a S&W M&P15TS, M&P9 and USPalm Defender with soft body armor panels. The whole set up can be grabbed quickly and does not weight much. Sure, rifle plate would be nice, but they are expensive...

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That is some advice from another M4Carbine.net user. I posted the link on my writeup about the new rifle. It works great, I just have to do a little plastic dip to get rid of the shine. MagPul should be out with the proper mount for the front of their sling later this year. It's too big for a Mash or HK hook mount so you have to do something custom... Luck for me, it's a cheap Home Depot/Lowes setup after you get an MI HK mount for the rail, you build off it. Check out my link on THIS page for more info....

Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast