Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    HA!

I know that in my Platoon alone, one of our guys is dropping a packet to go back to RASP, three of our TLs are getting the paperwork together to return to SFQC, and three others put their packets in for SFAS. I don't know what I want to do post-deployment, but I think I'll just go to Ranger School and recycle enough to ETS out of RTB.

Lol 82nd will not send you to school unless you have at least 1 year of retention after returning (so you at least have to have 15 months left when you go to PRC) I don't know of anyone who would want to spend more time than necessary at RTB

Tell you buddy that it will be too hard for him to transition form division to ranger batt, even if he is already tabbed and a jumpmaster. It doesn't matter if has 3 deployments with division with 1000 confirmed kills, ranger batt has great great disdain for the big army especially the 82nd. If he is not tabbed he will be treated like a cherry private. I know that I would not be able to put up with that bullshit after spending 3 of 4 years at bragg and multiple deployments.

If you want more info then PM me and I can give some more details on what his transition could be like depending on his rank. But I would advise going to SFAS before going to RASP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    The CamelBak ArmorBak 102 is about one of the only QD setups out there. It is a good system. As far as a low profile that you can put a pack over, that is a contradiction of terms. If you do not want a dedicated pack that is hooked to your PC the QD system is about as good as you are going to get. Take off the hydro pack and put on the three day pack and hook the hydro pack to to the outside of the Three day pack. Not a perfect setup but it will work.
    http://www.optactical.com/caar.html
    Have you tried them with completely full? I tried them on a one-day carbine class and initially sagged on me, despite being half-full-half-ice-cubes. This was on my TAG Banshee. I'm thinking of placing them as high as possible next time. It held well toward the end of the day, after I drank most of the water out with some ice cubes left.
    Last edited by Ledanek; 08-25-14 at 22:33.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    Lol 82nd will not send you to school unless you have at least 1 year of retention after returning (so you at least have to have 15 months left when you go to PRC) I don't know of anyone who would want to spend more time than necessary at RTB
    I re-upped last November, so I'm sitting at 24 months when I re-deploy. It was mostly just a joke given how much I hate All American Week (rather, clean sweep) and the daily grind in Division. Depending on how Ranger School goes will determine if I stay in any longer or not, but I definitely won't be staying in Big Army after I finish my Squad Leader time.

As for my friend, he's our FO and deployed twice with 2/75. He was RFS'd with a DUI and is trying to work it to get back.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    Have you tried them with completely full? I tried them on a one-day carbine class and initially sagged on me, despite being half-full-half-ice-cubes. This was on my TAG Banshee. I'm thinking of placing them as high as possible next time. It held well toward the end of the day, after I drank most of the water out with some ice cubes left.
    I did once and I really had to sinch it down to keep it from flopping around. I switched to the SKD one. It is not a QD hydro carrier but I have not had any issues with it. It is great.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    I've not had much trouble with either of mine sagging if it's tightened down tight. I also attach it as far as it can go, so that probably helps as well.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post

Tell you buddy that it will be too hard for him to transition form division to ranger batt, even if he is already tabbed and a jumpmaster. It doesn't matter if has 3 deployments with division with 1000 confirmed kills, ranger batt has great great disdain for the big army especially the 82nd. If he is not tabbed he will be treated like a cherry private. I know that I would not be able to put up with that bullshit after spending 3 of 4 years at bragg and multiple deployments.

If you want more info then PM me and I can give some more details on what his transition could be like depending on his rank. But I would advise going to SFAS before going to RASP.
    My last PSG did that non-sense; treated us like FNG's fresh into 30th AG because we had not been to AFG yet, only Iraq. I couldn't imagine coming from a regular Army unit and being jump & air assault qualified, CIB + EIB, multiple deployments and tabbed going into a Ranger Batt and being treated like a fish. I have heard stories.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man us bravos sure know how to bitch huh :P. I'm going to try and go to RASP next year, only thing I can say is they can't treat me any dumber than they already treat guys here.

In other news the haley chest rig works really well clipped on to a PC as well as thrown over top of a IOTV. I'm going to add a SORD exploitation roll up dump pouch hooked on to the velcro to give me a little more capability down here in mag retention fag land.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    take my advice and go to school before showing up to RASP.it will make your transition in batt a lot easier. In batt you have to earn your spot to go to ranger school, in the big army you just have to raise your hand.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FireandFlames View Post
    Man us bravos sure know how to bitch huh
    If we're not bitching, we're not breathing.

I've never had anything close to first hand experience, but work with a bunch of former Rangers and everything they've said echos what sua175 said. I have several friends who were squared away studs but due to deployments and competing with others who had higher PT scores never got a chance to go to school. Another went to school but pissed off an RI to the point he got not only dropped but RFS'd. Years later, it's still a very sore subject with all of them...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just don't want to get dropped for some bullshit reason and have a big shit stain on my face because I failed out of ranger school. Depends on the unit but yeah right now there is a huge push in my battalion to get dudes to Ranger school, we are hilariously short on ranger qualified NCO's, my company only has one tabbed dude. Guys just get to Polk and it sucks out their soul when really this Louisiana humidity is the perfect place to prep for it.

Oh also, something new to bitch about. Box rotations are now patrol base operations, no more ordering pizza and kicking it on cots in mock up COPs. ****ing Vietnam style boys, something to look forward to next time you're in my backyard.
    Last edited by FireandFlames; 10-21-14 at 21:04.

Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast