Page 106 of 131 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1303

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ha, I see what you did there

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm SHOCKed to see such tomfoolery from VooDoo!

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by quino171 View Post
    So they have a Velcro backing but molle up front, right?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Correct.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Nothing really fancy here -- but that's kind of the point.

I'm attempt to keep my necessities in the same place I invested in a vertx gamut plus.

I switch between their gamut and sling bag for edc packs. The gamut is more for traveling or the weekend away as it can carry more irrelevant items. Toiletries, slippers, clothes, etc. the slingbag is great for day trips.

Anyway. The gamut plus game in so I can keep my shtf items together. Here are a few pics.

My thought process is that this pack is kept in my safe next to my Ar. Simple dawn of the pack, grab my ar, and I have enough to feel somewhat safer in an emergency. If I get my plate carrier on I can stash my ar in the pack.

In the back part of the pack that's hard to see I have a d3cr with 4 mags and some essentials, along with a g-code belt, pistol tacos, and safariland holster.

Like every vertx pack - the quality is unmatched and they really thought about everything. There are a ton of features of this pack that I haven't even gotten to yet.

Hope you enjoy

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Current snapshot of my gear:

--------------------------

The duffel bag on the left (Goruck Kit bag) contains the following:
    ESSTAC Daeodon plate carrier w/ lvl IV plates
    PIG pontoons
    ESSTAC molle placard with BFG ten-speed pouch
    Various ITW clips for attachment of placard and/or chest rig integration
    Blue Force Gear Rack-minus chest rig
    3x BFG double-m4 flap magazine pouches
    BFG double pistol ten-speed pouch
    BFG boo boo pouch
    Everything seen on belt (belt is usually on me)
    2x EMDOM IAP pistol pouches that accommodate 1 of any double-stack pistol mag I own, or 1-2 1911 mags each
    1x EMDOM IAP rifle pouch, or seen below, ESSTAC mag pouch for .308 AR
    Old TAD gear rapid deploy dump pouch
    ITS tactical IFAK pouch with Dark Angel medical insert and a TQ in a Tourniquet now strap from BFG
    Holster seen is a Bravo Concealment but this space could be occupied by a number of holsters depending on the pistol
    Esee Izula 2 in a kydex sheath on some blade-tech tek-lok
    Carabiner with Pig FDT-delta gloves usually attached to belt loop on pants
    The big black dump pouch is an old CSM gear pouch I use exclusively for 12ga. It currently has 50rds of 00buck in it and I stow my 3gungear 7-rd velcro placards in there (not pictured: 870)
    Shemagh or 'sniper-veil' or scarf or whatever. I have a lot of them

The longer duffel bag on the right (EMDOM TNT GyM bag) contains an AR (either a 16" .308, 16" Recce ((pictured)), or a 12.5" SBR):
    There's enough room in there for one of my 16" rifles, broken down, plus suppressor, bipod, sling, and a mag or two
    If you pack well I can get a chest rig in there too loaded up

The small backpack is a Goruck Bullet 15L but I also have larger packs depending.
    As seen this pack only has a 2L source bladder in it and some layers to fill it out

Reasoning:
    I like guns, and I like gear. I have guns to protect myself and my family, but realistically the guns get used at the range and of course they are fun. The gear started as a way to support the guns. Mostly I wanted a good belt to hold some reloads and a chest rig for classes or just general preparedness. I have gone through many pieces of gear and tried a lot of different things.
    I always favored solid colors over camo as I always got the sense that camo gave off the impression of military, which I am not. First black, then ranger green and foliage green, and now grey. I like grey. I think it's perfectly practical in my area and when worn on top of or around things I usually wear it's not as eye catching: plaid, black or dark blue shell jackets, greenish/grey or khaki pants.

The next big idea was 'scalability.' The idea of 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line resonated with me a lot. To me my 1st line was always go to be a belt, a pistol, pistol reload(s) and usually an emerson folder. 2nd line meant that I was donning either a chest rig or a plate carrier to support myself and a primary weapon. 3rd line meant I was going to be out and about for a while and may need clothes, food, shelter, water whatever.
    I then thought; what if I could scale each of my line loadouts and accommodate various handguns and primary weapons. This meant that the molle belt didn't suit me much anymore as I preferred the ability to swap pouches out easily. Either paddle attachments or just weaving my belt through belt loops on pouches. I also preferred to find pouches that by design allowed for multiple magazine types to fit in them without compromise. I've got plenty of kydex stuff for every day that's specific to guns, but kydex tends to take up a lot of belt real estate. The EMDOM IAP pouches have been great and can hold everything from a 1911 mag to a 14rd M&P45 mag. They're on their own belt loops so if I'd rather only run one I can. Pistol mags can also be added to the chest rig via the ten-speed pouches. Or handheld flashlights can go in the ten-speeds or the EMDOM pistol pouches.
    The speed-reload for the rifle is pretty straight forward. One pouch for 5.56 and one pouch for .308.

If running the 12ga no speed reload pouch is needed and neither is the little TAD dump ouch. Instead the black CSM gear dump pouch is belt-attached with loose rounds inside. At a minimum there are 7-rounds in a 3gungear elastic side-saddle on the gun. Those are my 'speed reloads' where most tactical reloads will come from the dump pouch. If donning a 2nd line, be it the chest rig or the plate carrier, then 7rd 12ga placards can be put in the double-m4 flap pouches or ten-speed pouches. The double-m4 pouches can hold 2x placards each. If choosing to feed the shotgun exclusively from placards then the CSM dump pouch becomes unnecessary, but slims/cleans up the waist line a bit and the chest rig is easily concealed beneath a shell jacket.

The 2nd line itself is also very scalable. The chest rig as discussed can hold 12ga placards, and by name sake it can hold 6x m4 mags. But it can also hold 3x .308 pmags making it adaptable to any long gun I might use. One of these pouches can also hold the Dark Angel IFAK insert and a TQ can easily be moved to the left side near the ten-speed pouches. If you tuck the flap in and adjust the draw string you've got a pretty good speed reload pouch with good retention. The ten-speed pouches can hold pistol reloads, a multi tool, a handheld light or one langjaeger each or if they're not used they take up no space. The whole chest rig can be rolled up to about the size of a nalgene.
    The plate carrier without a placard is 'slick' and very concealable. With the placard + ten-speed pouches it's still very low profile and useful. Or, the chest rig can be clipped to the plate carrier and all of the scalability of the chest rig comes along with it. The back is left empty on the plate carrier intentionally. If I need to add hydration it will be done by way of the small Goruck back with a source bladder. Other things could be thrown in there too, I'm just careful not to fill the bag just because it's there.

The Baofeng radio is just kind of laying there. I haven't gone nuts on comms (still learning) but the Baofeng is what I go backpacking with. It rarely gets used but it's nice to be able to catch the NOAA weather report when you're way out there.

The reason for the demonstration of what fits in where is that I also like the ability to transport these things without sending up red flags. I live in the city and I live in an apartment complex to top it off. I have to pass people in my building and the street frequently just to go to and from the range. Even if they don't have a problem with it I don't need to put it out on front street what I'm working with. Last thing I need is a SHTF situation and my across the street neighbors going "hey, lets go to that guy's place that we always see carrying guns to his car." I also just think it's a nice option to have to be able to transport this stuff inconspicuously. You never know.

I think that covers everything. Questions/comments/concerns are welcome.
    Appreciate all of the information and help this forum has given me.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevin8nin View Post
    Current snapshot of my gear:

--------------------------

The duffel bag on the left (Goruck Kit bag) contains the following:
    ESSTAC Daeodon plate carrier w/ lvl IV plates
    PIG pontoons
    ESSTAC molle placard with BFG ten-speed pouch
    Various ITW clips for attachment of placard and/or chest rig integration
    Blue Force Gear Rack-minus chest rig
    3x BFG double-m4 flap magazine pouches
    BFG double pistol ten-speed pouch
    BFG boo boo pouch
    Everything seen on belt (belt is usually on me)
    2x EMDOM IAP pistol pouches that accommodate 1 of any double-stack pistol mag I own, or 1-2 1911 mags each
    1x EMDOM IAP rifle pouch, or seen below, ESSTAC mag pouch for .308 AR
    Old TAD gear rapid deploy dump pouch
    ITS tactical IFAK pouch with Dark Angel medical insert and a TQ in a Tourniquet now strap from BFG
    Holster seen is a Bravo Concealment but this space could be occupied by a number of holsters depending on the pistol
    Esee Izula 2 in a kydex sheath on some blade-tech tek-lok
    Carabiner with Pig FDT-delta gloves usually attached to belt loop on pants
    The big black dump pouch is an old CSM gear pouch I use exclusively for 12ga. It currently has 50rds of 00buck in it and I stow my 3gungear 7-rd velcro placards in there (not pictured: 870)
    Shemagh or 'sniper-veil' or scarf or whatever. I have a lot of them

The longer duffel bag on the right (EMDOM TNT GyM bag) contains an AR (either a 16" .308, 16" Recce ((pictured)), or a 12.5" SBR):
    There's enough room in there for one of my 16" rifles, broken down, plus suppressor, bipod, sling, and a mag or two
    If you pack well I can get a chest rig in there too loaded up

The small backpack is a Goruck Bullet 15L but I also have larger packs depending.
    As seen this pack only has a 2L source bladder in it and some layers to fill it out

Reasoning:
    I like guns, and I like gear. I have guns to protect myself and my family, but realistically the guns get used at the range and of course they are fun. The gear started as a way to support the guns. Mostly I wanted a good belt to hold some reloads and a chest rig for classes or just general preparedness. I have gone through many pieces of gear and tried a lot of different things.
    I always favored solid colors over camo as I always got the sense that camo gave off the impression of military, which I am not. First black, then ranger green and foliage green, and now grey. I like grey. I think it's perfectly practical in my area and when worn on top of or around things I usually wear it's not as eye catching: plaid, black or dark blue shell jackets, greenish/grey or khaki pants.

The next big idea was 'scalability.' The idea of 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line resonated with me a lot. To me my 1st line was always go to be a belt, a pistol, pistol reload(s) and usually an emerson folder. 2nd line meant that I was donning either a chest rig or a plate carrier to support myself and a primary weapon. 3rd line meant I was going to be out and about for a while and may need clothes, food, shelter, water whatever.
    I then thought; what if I could scale each of my line loadouts and accommodate various handguns and primary weapons. This meant that the molle belt didn't suit me much anymore as I preferred the ability to swap pouches out easily. Either paddle attachments or just weaving my belt through belt loops on pouches. I also preferred to find pouches that by design allowed for multiple magazine types to fit in them without compromise. I've got plenty of kydex stuff for every day that's specific to guns, but kydex tends to take up a lot of belt real estate. The EMDOM IAP pouches have been great and can hold everything from a 1911 mag to a 14rd M&P45 mag. They're on their own belt loops so if I'd rather only run one I can. Pistol mags can also be added to the chest rig via the ten-speed pouches. Or handheld flashlights can go in the ten-speeds or the EMDOM pistol pouches.
    The speed-reload for the rifle is pretty straight forward. One pouch for 5.56 and one pouch for .308.

If running the 12ga no speed reload pouch is needed and neither is the little TAD dump ouch. Instead the black CSM gear dump pouch is belt-attached with loose rounds inside. At a minimum there are 7-rounds in a 3gungear elastic side-saddle on the gun. Those are my 'speed reloads' where most tactical reloads will come from the dump pouch. If donning a 2nd line, be it the chest rig or the plate carrier, then 7rd 12ga placards can be put in the double-m4 flap pouches or ten-speed pouches. The double-m4 pouches can hold 2x placards each. If choosing to feed the shotgun exclusively from placards then the CSM dump pouch becomes unnecessary, but slims/cleans up the waist line a bit and the chest rig is easily concealed beneath a shell jacket.

The 2nd line itself is also very scalable. The chest rig as discussed can hold 12ga placards, and by name sake it can hold 6x m4 mags. But it can also hold 3x .308 pmags making it adaptable to any long gun I might use. One of these pouches can also hold the Dark Angel IFAK insert and a TQ can easily be moved to the left side near the ten-speed pouches. If you tuck the flap in and adjust the draw string you've got a pretty good speed reload pouch with good retention. The ten-speed pouches can hold pistol reloads, a multi tool, a handheld light or one langjaeger each or if they're not used they take up no space. The whole chest rig can be rolled up to about the size of a nalgene.
    The plate carrier without a placard is 'slick' and very concealable. With the placard + ten-speed pouches it's still very low profile and useful. Or, the chest rig can be clipped to the plate carrier and all of the scalability of the chest rig comes along with it. The back is left empty on the plate carrier intentionally. If I need to add hydration it will be done by way of the small Goruck back with a source bladder. Other things could be thrown in there too, I'm just careful not to fill the bag just because it's there.

The Baofeng radio is just kind of laying there. I haven't gone nuts on comms (still learning) but the Baofeng is what I go backpacking with. It rarely gets used but it's nice to be able to catch the NOAA weather report when you're way out there.

The reason for the demonstration of what fits in where is that I also like the ability to transport these things without sending up red flags. I live in the city and I live in an apartment complex to top it off. I have to pass people in my building and the street frequently just to go to and from the range. Even if they don't have a problem with it I don't need to put it out on front street what I'm working with. Last thing I need is a SHTF situation and my across the street neighbors going "hey, lets go to that guy's place that we always see carrying guns to his car." I also just think it's a nice option to have to be able to transport this stuff inconspicuously. You never know.

I think that covers everything. Questions/comments/concerns are welcome.
    Appreciate all of the information and help this forum has given me.
    This could be one of the most practical set ups I've ever seen.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't know if the Ronin AL is worth the extra premium for the cost associated compared to the JPC 2.0, but I also don't use this thing on a daily basis. I certainly don't need the zippered rear panel for quick replacements on various mission configurations.

Ronin Tactics Assaulter Lite in medium with SKD 10x12 Level IV plates inside (not the best fit, maybe 2" of vertical free space)
    Esstac KYWI kydex 5.56 inserts
    Grey Ghost Gear slim IFAK (want to replace with BFG Micro Trauma Kit Now pouch)
    Spiritus Systems S.A.C.K pouch

The kangaroo magazine pouch that comes with the PC is just an open pouch with an elastic retainers to separate each magazine. Using the Esstac KYWI inserts, the magazines tend to overlap each other which is annoying but usable. I've reinstalled the magazine retention shock cord so the pouch isn't a gaping pouch, the center shock cord has been adjusted tighter.

Take my kit and information with a grain of salt, the PC setup isn't used daily nor in a combat environment or extended time. The tactical fanny pouch (Spiritus S.A.C.K) is there for my hypothetical stowage of the PVS-14. More realistically: it'll be used to carry spare camera batteries, 35mm film, lens brush and crap for my PAO duties if armor are really required. I'll rock this because I'm in the Reserves so whatever gear setups mandated by SOP's can go suck it.

Feedback Score
    Class / Range Play stuff:

(if you get cross-eyed looking at anything it's because I'm right handed and left eye dominant lol)

HSGI AO Chest Rig. The rig came with a loop panel to match that hook. I requested another loop panel, whatever the cost as I couldn't find the right size, but then I also requested they sew it for me. For a fee I have a double sided loop panel.
    Esstac triple AR kywi.
    Blue Force Gear Admin Pouch
    HSGI Soft TACO
    Two GRIMLOCs added
    PIG Delta gloves

Concerning the Admin Pouch:
    It'll fit three G19 mags, two will fit with the other stuff still inside.
    The elastic sleeve was stitched together using a Speedy Stitcher lol. Inside is a spare bolt w o-ring, one front sight tool (DPMS I think), one MBUS front sight tool and a .223 broken shell extractor from Brownells. I added orange gaffer tape to those small items just in case they fall in the grass.
    An SD card case with Lubriplate grease inside, a 10ml needle dropper with Lubriplate oil inside. A Countycomm AAA flashlight, Lo-Hi. The orange is 3/32 tether line, again from Countycomm. The pouch has two of those tether points.
    The Kershaw is a Leek 1660.

AO Chest Rig by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

From left to right on the USMC battle belt:

Mini Sharpie
    Esstac double pistol kywi. Two G19 clipazines shown
    Blue Force Gear double pistol ten speed. Surefire G2X Pro and Victorinox Workchamp shown
    Condor MA73 tech sheath. Simple stuff: two CR123s, three bandaids, one Tylenol pouch, two antiseptic wipes, one swatch of moleskin, 10ml needle dropper Lubriplate oil, little snap case with Lubriplate grease
    DIY kydex/elastic holder for a DIY vacuum packed blowout kit. The CAT7 tourniquet is what's giving it the bulky look. I have my eye on the BFG Micro Trauma pouch and understand why they excluded the TQ in the system lol.
    EGL dump pouch
    Safariland 7378 with a G19. Mounted on a DIY kydex setup
    Esstac short rifle kywi. 30rnd PMAG shown.

Battle Belt 2.0 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

Last edited by danpass; 04-05-17 at 12:07.
    Dan Miami, FL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    I don't know if the Ronin AL is worth the extra premium for the cost associated compared to the JPC 2.0, but I also don't use this thing on a daily basis. I certainly don't need the zippered rear panel for quick replacements on various mission configurations.

Ronin Tactics Assaulter Lite in medium with SKD 10x12 Level IV plates inside (not the best fit, maybe 2" of vertical free space)
    Esstac KYWI kydex 5.56 inserts
    Grey Ghost Gear slim IFAK (want to replace with BFG Micro Trauma Kit Now pouch)
    Spiritus Systems S.A.C.K pouch

The kangaroo magazine pouch that comes with the PC is just an open pouch with an elastic retainers to separate each magazine. Using the Esstac KYWI inserts, the magazines tend to overlap each other which is annoying but usable. I've reinstalled the magazine retention shock cord so the pouch isn't a gaping pouch, the center shock cord has been adjusted tighter.

Take my kit and information with a grain of salt, the PC setup isn't used daily nor in a combat environment or extended time. The tactical fanny pouch (Spiritus S.A.C.K) is there for my hypothetical stowage of the PVS-14. More realistically: it'll be used to carry spare camera batteries, 35mm film, lens brush and crap for my PAO duties if armor are really required. I'll rock this because I'm in the Reserves so whatever gear setups mandated by SOP's can go suck it.
    Nice kit. I have a Ronin Taskforce belt and love it, so I was wondering about their plate carrier.

Especially if the kywis don't work quite right in the kangaroo pouch, I feel like you could leave that pocket velcro'd shut and put an Esstac Kywi triple across the front without too much additional bulk. Then if you wanted to carry six mags instead of three you could simply fill up the flap pocket as originally intended; instant scalability. That's what I did when I had a JPC and it was pretty handy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bikemike555; 04-29-17 at 11:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danpass View Post
    Class / Range Play stuff:

(if you get cross-eyed looking at anything it's because I'm right handed and left eye dominant lol)

HSGI AO Chest Rig. The rig came with a loop panel to match that hook. I requested another loop panel, whatever the cost as I couldn't find the right size, but then I also requested they sew it for me. For a fee I have a double sided loop panel.
    Esstac triple AR kywi.
    Blue Force Gear Admin Pouch
    HSGI Soft TACO
    Two GRIMLOCs added
    PIG Delta gloves

Concerning the Admin Pouch:
    It'll fit three G19 mags, two will fit with the other stuff still inside.
    The elastic sleeve was stitched together using a Speedy Stitcher lol. Inside is a spare bolt w o-ring, one front sight tool (DPMS I think), one MBUS front sight tool and a .223 broken shell extractor from Brownells. I added orange gaffer tape to those small items just in case they fall in the grass.
    An SD card case with Lubriplate grease inside, a 10ml needle dropper with Lubriplate oil inside. A Countycomm AAA flashlight, Lo-Hi. The orange is 3/32 tether line, again from Countycomm. The pouch has two of those tether points.
    The Kershaw is a Leek 1660.

From left to right on the USMC battle belt:

Mini Sharpie
    Esstac double pistol kywi. Two G19 clipazines shown
    Blue Force Gear double pistol ten speed. Surefire G2X Pro and Victorinox Workchamp shown
    Condor MA73 tech sheath. Simple stuff: two CR123s, three bandaids, one Tylenol pouch, two antiseptic wipes, one swatch of moleskin, 10ml needle dropper Lubriplate oil, little snap case with Lubriplate grease
    DIY kydex/elastic holder for a DIY vacuum packed blowout kit. The CAT7 tourniquet is what's giving it the bulky look. I have my eye on the BFG Micro Trauma pouch and understand why they excluded the TQ in the system lol.
    EGL dump pouch
    Safariland 7378 with a G19. Mounted on a DIY kydex setup
    Esstac short rifle kywi. 30rnd PMAG shown.

For that holster you can use Safariland MLS or QLS pieces to mount it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 106 of 131 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast