Page 108 of 130 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1291

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    I just recently purchased mine and it did not. Purchased from SKD and it is notated, sold separately.
    Odd, my guess is you got the newer laser cut version. I bought one form there and one from Trex Arms, and both included the swift clips.

http://downrangegear.net/ITW_GTSR_1%22_QASM.html

Here's what you need though.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Shay_ View Post
    Odd, my guess is you got the newer laser cut version. I bought one form there and one from Trex Arms, and both included the swift clips.

http://downrangegear.net/ITW_GTSR_1%22_QASM.html

Here's what you need though.
    I did get the new laser cut version but I just bought the turnover triple 5.56 magazine pouch that velcroes in between the carrier and cummberbund. I'm not going to attach a chest rig. I'm going to grab two of these, for medical and admin (batteries, small bottle of lube, etc.) to put in the cummberbund.

http://www.optactical.com/tata5magpome.html

Pmags fit very snug in the turnover magazine pouch in case anyone is wondering. You could turn me upside down and shake me all day, they are not coming out. They have a form to them where it's easy to put magazines back in unlike the BFG 10 speed. I have not tried regular GI mags in them yet.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’m super low speed but this is my loadout:

Ronin Tactics Assaulter Lite plate carrier in medium
    SKD Level IV plates
    Esstac Kywi inserts for the 3 mags on the PC
    Spiritus Systems SACK pouch
    Grey Ghost Gear slim IFAK
    Hard Head Veterans ATE helmet

Yep, definitely a manlet at 5’5”.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Yep, definitely a manlet at 5’5”.
    But dem baggy pants can't hide dem thighs, bruh! HAMS!

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

Mayflower UW Gen V chest rig
    4 x M4 mags; secured with Haley inserts
    Gerber multitool
    Lensatic compass
    Topo map, map markers, and protractor (left map pocket)
    Spare batteries, small bottle of Slip 2000 EWL.
    Petzl headlamp (white/red)
    IR chemlights (one buzzsaw)
    IFAK (left GP pouch)
    Glock 17 w/ X300 (right GP pouch); secured with kydex tied down to chest rig

Eagle Yote
    3L water bladder
    ECWCS Gore Tex jacket/pants
    Fleece watch cap
    Eye pro
    Cat crap paste
    PVS-14
    VS-17
    2 x cobra cuffs
    2 x sandbags (spit hoods)
    Speed balled MRE
    Weapons cleaning kit
    Mayflower H-harness
    Last edited by GTF425; 11-15-17 at 10:04.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    *delete*
    Last edited by GTF425; 11-15-17 at 07:53. Reason: duplicate post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danpass View Post
    Class / Range Play stuff:

(if you get cross-eyed looking at anything it's because I'm right handed and left eye dominant lol)

HSGI AO Chest Rig. The rig came with a loop panel to match that hook. I requested another loop panel, whatever the cost as I couldn't find the right size, but then I also requested they sew it for me. For a fee I have a double sided loop panel.
    Esstac triple AR kywi.
    Blue Force Gear Admin Pouch
    HSGI Soft TACO
    Two GRIMLOCs added
    PIG Delta gloves

Concerning the Admin Pouch:
    It'll fit three G19 mags, two will fit with the other stuff still inside.
    The elastic sleeve was stitched together using a Speedy Stitcher lol. Inside is a spare bolt w o-ring, one front sight tool (DPMS I think), one MBUS front sight tool and a .223 broken shell extractor from Brownells. I added orange gaffer tape to those small items just in case they fall in the grass.
    An SD card case with Lubriplate grease inside, a 10ml needle dropper with Lubriplate oil inside. A Countycomm AAA flashlight, Lo-Hi. The orange is 3/32 tether line, again from Countycomm. The pouch has two of those tether points.
    The Kershaw is a Leek 1660.

AO Chest Rig by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

From left to right on the USMC battle belt:

Mini Sharpie
    Esstac double pistol kywi. Two G19 clipazines shown
    Blue Force Gear double pistol ten speed. Surefire G2X Pro and Victorinox Workchamp shown
    Condor MA73 tech sheath. Simple stuff: two CR123s, three bandaids, one Tylenol pouch, two antiseptic wipes, one swatch of moleskin, 10ml needle dropper Lubriplate oil, little snap case with Lubriplate grease
    DIY kydex/elastic holder for a DIY vacuum packed blowout kit. The CAT7 tourniquet is what's giving it the bulky look. I have my eye on the BFG Micro Trauma pouch and understand why they excluded the TQ in the system lol.
    EGL dump pouch
    Safariland 7378 with a G19. Mounted on a DIY kydex setup
    Esstac short rifle kywi. 30rnd PMAG shown.

Battle Belt 2.0 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

How did you get Velcro on the back side of your AO Chest Rig?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Primary: Daniel Defense M4V7 SLW (Aimpont Pro, Surefire M600, CMC 5.5lb trigger)

Secondary: Glock 17 (older RTF version, Haley Strategic Skimmer trigger)

Gear: HSGI battle belt, Direct Action Dust pack.

In the pack I have a first-aid kit, water bladder, extra ammo, a little bit of food, rain poncho, a few survival items and that's about it. I suppose you could call this my quick reaction bag or "Minuteman" gear if you will. Should I ever actually need this stuff I want to be as light and fast, mobile and agile as possible. I have also forgone the option of a plate carrier/armor and fully accept the ramifications of that decision. And yes, I do train with this gear. Very often.

Just some food for thought....it was written by Randy Barnett and I remember reading it shortly after 9/11. I printed it out back then and its been hanging on my corkboard ever since. Still very much reverberates today -- especially after the recent Texas church tragedy. Well worth a read...

Flight 93 Saved by the Militia: Arming an Army Against Terrorism

By Randy E. Barnett

The next time someone tells you that the militia referred to in the Second Amendment has been "superceded” by the National Guard, ask them who prevented United Airlines Flight 93 from crashing into the White House or Capitol. The National Guard? The regular Army? The D.C. Police Department? None of these had a presence on Flight 93. Terrorists and criminals are well aware that they cannot be everywhere — indeed, they count on it. But the people the Founders referred to as the "general militia" is everywhere. Cell-phone calls from the plane revealed that it was members of the general militia, not law enforcement, who successfully prevented Flight 93 from reaching its target.

The characterization of these heroes as members of the militia is not just the opinion of one law professor. It is clearly stated in Federal statutes: According to Section 311 of US Code Title 10, entitled, "Militia: composition and classes

“(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States.

"(b) The classes of the militia are —
    (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

This is not to score political points at a moment of great tragedy. Rather, we must acknowledge that it was militia members who stopped the terrorists' attack at the cost of their lives.

Here is the cold hard fact of the matter: Whether on an airplane, subway, cruise ship, or in school oftentimes only the "unorganized militia" will be available when domestic or foreign terrorists chose their next moment of murder.

Yet if the general militia is now "unorganized" and neutered — if it is not well-regulated — whose fault is it? Article I of the Constitution gives Congress full power "to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia." The Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights in large part because the Founders feared that Congress would neglect the militia (as it has) and, Congress could not be forced by any constitutional provision to preserve the militia. Therefore the only practical means to ensure its continuance was to protect the right of individual militia members to keep and bear their own private arms. Nonetheless, it is Congress’ responsibility to see to it that the general militia is "well-regulated."

A well-regulated militia does not require a draft or any compulsory training. Nor, as Alexander Hamilton recognized, need training be universal. "To attempt such a thing which would abridge the mass of labor and industry to so considerable extent, would be unwise," he wrote in Federalist 29, "and the experiment, if made, could not succeed, because it would not long be endured." But Congress has the constitutional power to create training programs in effective self-defense including training in small arms — marksmanship, tactics, and gun safety — for any American citizen who volunteers. Any guess how many millions would take weapons training at government expense or even for a modest fee?

All these new airline "security" proposals will merely inconvenience millions of citizens. A way around them will always be open to determined mass murderers. Any realistic response to what is likely to happen in the future must acknowledge that calling 911 will not prevent mass murder. Nor will training our youth to be helpless in the face of an attack, avoiding violence at all costs.

Rather than consider self-defense training, powerful groups will continue to advocate passivity and disarmament. They will shift our focus to restrictions on American liberties. In fact, House Minority Leader Dick Gephart says now is the time to consider adopting a national identity “smart” card.

Rather than make war on liberties of the American people Congress should be looking for ways to empower them to protect themselves. The Founders knew that the individual right to keep and bear arms was the principal means of preserving a militia that was "essential" for personal and collective self-defense against criminals foreign and domestic.

The events of September 11, 2001 have shown that the militia is far from obsolete in a world where war is waged by terrorist cells as well as states. It is long past time we heeded the words of the Founders and end the systematic effort to disarm Americans. Now is the time to consider what it would take in practical terms to well-regulate the now-unorganized militia, so no criminal will feel secure when confronting one or more militia members.

-Randy E. Barnett is a law professor at Boston University

Defend America!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Last edited by vaderboyrj; 01-27-19 at 20:51.

Page 108 of 130 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast