Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    CENTCOM, do you plan on adding some hard plates in it or keeping it as is?
    I have a PIG carrier for my plates. Normally I wear a BDU type uniform so my plate carrier is setup for that. I have my rifle magazines and a few extra medical supplies on the PIG, everything else is on my belt.
    I would have to pull the plates out of the PIG and throw them in this vest if the situation arose. That would be a fairly slow process but it could be done.
    I haven't tried the plates in this carrier yet, I guess I need to throw them in there and do some training.
    As required: "I work for ITS Tactical as an editor".

Feedback Score

range loadout

Feedback Score

range loadout

whoops..

*Paraclete RAV
    -level 3 SAPI plates with soft armor
    *emdom coyote admin pouch (gerber multi-tool inside)
    *paraclete 3 pistol mag pouch
    *Eagle double AR pouch
    *IFAK pouch
    *triple shingle pouch(had to cut one off to accomodate the middle zipper of the cummber bund)
    *maxpedition pouch (holds cleaning kit, chemlights,spare BCG)
    *Paraclete GP pouch

after many of setups, ive found this to be the best for me thus far. who knows how many more transformations there will be.

VMI-MO Guest
    The following is a LBT 6094A plate carrier with front and rear SAPI's.

The pistol and rifle mag pouches are both BFG ten speed. BFG's gear has been tested here enough to know its reputation.

The Camelback on the back is ghetto rigged on there with clips and bungee. One of the shoulder straps on the pack got shot and blasted apart. So I cut both of them off and walla. This serves as a hydration source and also where I can store some medical items and scoobey snacks.

PJ

Feedback Score

Military Combat loadout

This is my Rig that I use for the Army.

EI RRV
    Standard Issue Triple Mag Shingle x2
    IFAK
    5.11 Radio Pouch
    Specops brand GP pouch
    Standard Issue grenade pouch
    Black Hawk Hydrastorm carrier on back
    Magpul PMAGS x 4 (working on buying more)

I went with the EI RRV because its a simple yet usefull rig. The standard Issue pouches because they are what I had. (No sence in not using whats free). As for the PMAGs, everyone knows why I have those.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    TT MAV w/x-harness
    TAG triple mag pouch
    12 rnd shotshell pouch
    Spectre Gear x3 pistol mag pouch
    Nite-ize pouch w/streamlight
    mich helmet

TT MAV
    TT MAV 2

about to get a plate carrier for a full load out.
    Last edited by l3mon; 09-21-10 at 14:59.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Some guy not brave enough to put his name on it, so he slapped Jefferson's name on it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Military Loadout with civilian AR15

Only things missing are my NVG mount and RCO A-bag

First thing I did with the MTV is roll up the "buttstock stop" that attachs via velcro to the inside of the shoulder and slide it into the molle webbing on the shoulders. This lets me put my rifle in exactly the right spot and not so far off as to slip off my arm when firing.

I have a torniquet on my right shoulder, a strap cutter on my chest, along with a speed loader. these have all turned out to be critical tools when deployed and even though a speed loader comes in every bandolier they always seem to end up missing.

I carry 8 mags on my flak and 1 in the rifle. I have toyd with replacing my Abag with another 4 mag pouch but never settled with it.

The grenade pouches are there because in Iraq a few years ago none of us ever expected to be handed M67s. I only had my pouches on my flak to stuff bullshit in like a watch, gloves, etc. But then we got grenades and I saw Marines stuffing them in their cargo pockets. One, I don't like the idea of HE grenades sloshing around in my pockets and two, they make running very painful.

My IFAK is around back as well as my hydration carrier. I can still get to my IFAK but the main idea is that your buddy will be using your ifak on you. So why should it be in the way and right up front? I don't ride in vehicles often so having it at my 4:30/5:00 position works for me.

Of course front and side SAPIs and flame resistant gloves.

Feedback Score
    Picked up the "new" PIG carrier. TACO mag pouches and OSOE tear away med pouch. Pretty basic nothing crazy, but its a big step up from the pre-production "Eagle" model.

As required: "I work for ITS Tactical as an editor".

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Here's an interesting rig I picked up on Ebay. I know nothing about it other than it's made by Eagle according to the label.

It's smaller than I thought it would be but I found a use for it by using it for the shot gun stage of the 3-gun competitions my range has been doing recently. I bought a 25 round shot shell box and cut and sanded it to hold 10 rounds and fits pretty well in the top pocket. A piece of cardboard raises the shell a little bit to make picking them out a little easier.

The smaller pouch is big enough to hold two double stack mags (a single FN Five seveN mag or four or five single stack mags.)

There's a "hidden" pocket for holding stuff.

There are also little tabs of velcro that I'm assuming are for holding wires for ear buds or head phones. (Rock out with your Glock out!)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pics added, apologize for taking a bit. Had some camera issues

LE Active shooter/heavy vest

A quick listing:
    Condor outdoor modular operator plate carrier
    Tactical tailor triple rifle mag
    Tactical tailor triple pistol mag
    SOF-T tourniquet
    US Army IFAK
    5.11 possibly (honestly don't remember), single pistol mag pouch
    Otis Tech. Soldiers cleaning kit
    Tactical Tailor / Source 3L bladder and cover
    Blackhawk radio pouch
    Blackhawk medical pouch

Thoughts

I originally had a warbag, 2 AR mags, extra shotgun shells, GSW's etc. It was big, it was bulky, and it's sucked to run with. It also didn't provide any additional ballistic protection. In the last couple of years we've had 2 subjects with assault rifles (AK's in both cases) actively fire at officers. We've also had another couple do so with regular hunting style rifles in the same time frame. Top that with at least 2 more subjects shooting at civilians with assault rifles (AK and an SKS), and it was time to get some plates.

Currently I'm running steel 10"x12" level III stand alone plates. This goes over my normal soft IIIA vest so the stand alone feature wasn't necessary but it's nice to have for the range when I might go without the soft vest. I would have preferred ceramic due to it's lower ricochet potential, but at half the price it's not a huge deal. I'm about to experiment in coating a spare plate with rhino line and seeing what that does in terms of spalling. A lot of people make a big deal about the weight of steel plates, but it's only 2 lbs extra per plate when you look at standalone plates. I'm debating getting side rifle plates as well, both for the ballistic protection and the added rigidity that they would provide the cummerbund. I'd like to go back to running my pistol off my vest, but the cummerbund has got to be more rigid for it to work well.

I run two mags of rifle duty ammo and one of bonded stuff for barriers on vest. Several of our OIS have involved vehicles and our issue duty rifle round is basically a varmint bullet. On sheet metal or auto glass it doesn't do real well. I'm currently debating adding a LBT triple mag map pocket insert to double my loadout. I can always drop it off if I don't need it (perimeter, etc.), but it'd be handy to have the extra ammo. We've gotten some intel/AAR's from things happening on the Mexican side of the border and serious sustained engagements are not out of the question. The triple pistol mag pouch has one mag which stays staged in it, the other two off my duty belt get moved here when the vest goes on. It's much more accessible and easier to load from then my belt pouches are when wearing my vest.

The surplus US Army IFAK was a steal of a deal. The quick clot was out of date when I picked it up, but other then that everything was in good shape. I've added vasaline gauze and another pair of trauma shears to it. With it I've got two tourniquets which gives me a warm fuzzy. All my guys know that it's my "use on me" kit if I'm hit, and it's pretty distinctive to look in for medical gear if I can't tell someone which one to look in. It may look a bit to the right side of the vest, but I can reach it with both strong and support hand to provide self aide it need be.

For the radio pouch, my Motorola get's pulled off my belt and tossed in here and the mic clipped to the front. I can reach my radio back here to adjust it as need no problem. If I left it on my duty belt it would be impossible to reach to adjust, as it would sit under the left side of the cummerbund, and the mic would be also be inaccessible under the vest.

The Blackhawk med pouch is packed with a GSW kit, and general booboo stuff as well. This is my treat everybody else pouch, or to deal with minor stuff if on the range, working perimeter, etc. It's set up on the left side, as I'm not worried about needing to use strong/support only to access it if I'm treating someone else.

Just a word of advice to anyone whose vest is for active shooter/SHTF, practice getting it on and ready to go. This is doubly important in an active shooter context, every fifteen seconds is another body. I've gone from 2 minutes to less then 45 seconds to get it on, loaded, and ready to fight.

-Jenrick
    Last edited by jenrick; 11-05-10 at 22:21. Reason: Added photos

Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast