Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1304

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I've dubbed this one the "Junkyard Rig"

Very cool kit, seems super practical for being made out of "left overs"
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    New kit, who dis?

Kit List:

Plate Carrier:
    Crye JPC 2.0 (w/ESAPI plates and soft armor backers)
    HSGI WAS/WEE Shoulder Pads
    HSGI TACO rifle pouches x 4
    Spiritus SPUD pouch-Clone w/smoke grenade
    5.11 Flex Radio 2.0 Pouch w/ Baofeng UV-5R radio and hand mic
    5.11 Flex Medium GP Pouch
    IDOGEAR Pack Panel w/CamelBak Bladder

Belt:

HSGI Laser Sure-Grip Padded Belt-Slotted w/cobra buckle inner belt
    5.11 Double Pistol Mag Pouch
    HSGI Polymer TACO Rifle Pouch x2
    Benchmade Nimravus
    Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch
    Dark Angel Medical S.P.E.A.R. IFAK
    HSGI Soft TACO w/Nalgene 32oz Narrow Mouth Oasis Bottle
    Safariland 6390RDS
    HSGI Pistol TACO pouch w/Leatherman multitool
    NAR C-A-T Holder w/Gen7 CAT

Worn:

ACH with MC cover, and Solaithe Helmet Wisp, Rhodesian Brushstroke
    Fireforce Ventures Combat Shirt Rhodesian Brushstroke
    Fireforce Ventures Combat Pants Rhodesian Brushstroke
    Unknown Brand Operator Cap, Rhodesian Brushstroke
    Mechanix Wear Original Gloves

Weapons:
    FN SCAR 17S w/Tight Chutes Chimera Adjustable Sling (Rhodesian Brushstroke)
    SIG Sauer P320-M17

After using MultiCam as my primary, go-to camo for the better part of two decades, I've come to the decision it isn't the best pattern moving forward. It works great, but it is over-used, potentially leading to IFF concerns if things get... weird. As such, I've decided to make more use of other patterns, and shift my gear to coyote brown to be more pattern neutral. Since I'm making that switch, figured it'd be worth the effort to upgrade more than a few items as well in the process. I started working on this early this year, and it's finally "finished." I'm not completely convinced I'll leave it exactly as it is now, with several items included on a trial basis, namely the SPUD-clone and the back panel. I like the flexibility of the SPUD design, but couldn't bring myself to pay $60 for one, especially if I didn't like it. Might grab a real one down the line if I like the Clone. Same concept for the back panel; not sold on the concept, but figured I'd give it a try, and upgrade down the line if I like it. If not, I'll try to get a MOLLE panel and just use it to cover the bungie cummerbund attachments.

The selection of RBS here was pretty simple, I like it. It's a good pattern, works in my AO pretty well year round, which makes it a good replacement for MC, and it isn't widely used but is available. Finally, Leftists hate it, so no chance of those clowns using it. Literally the top comment from a conversation in the SRA's Reddit group on the subject of camo and gear:

Now to get it out and test the gear on the range and in the field. I've been rucking with the PC/uniform the last month or so, and it works fine, but it's not quite the same as getting out and moving in full kit.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    New kit, who dis?

Now to get it out and test the gear on the range and in the field. I've been rucking with the PC/uniform the last month or so, and it works fine, but it's not quite the same as getting out and moving in full kit.
    Extremely cool setup. Everything seems well vetted and at the same time you go with tried and true and not the Delta/Seal/Ranger of the month gear like you see all over Instagram. I understand what you are saying about Multicam, I do love it, as it works decently everywhere but doesn't work perfectly anywhere, I know that being from the Midwest there is quite a few months of just brown followed by 3 brilliant months of green
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

New kit, who dis?

Kit List:

Plate Carrier:
    Crye JPC 2.0 (w/ESAPI plates and soft armor backers)
    HSGI WAS/WEE Shoulder Pads
    HSGI TACO rifle pouches x 4
    Spiritus SPUD pouch-Clone w/smoke grenade
    5.11 Flex Radio 2.0 Pouch w/ Baofeng UV-5R radio and hand mic
    5.11 Flex Medium GP Pouch
    IDOGEAR Pack Panel w/CamelBak Bladder

Belt:

HSGI Laser Sure-Grip Padded Belt-Slotted w/cobra buckle inner belt
    5.11 Double Pistol Mag Pouch
    HSGI Polymer TACO Rifle Pouch x2
    Benchmade Nimravus
    Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch
    Dark Angel Medical S.P.E.A.R. IFAK
    HSGI Soft TACO w/Nalgene 32oz Narrow Mouth Oasis Bottle
    Safariland 6390RDS
    HSGI Pistol TACO pouch w/Leatherman multitool
    NAR C-A-T Holder w/Gen7 CAT

Worn:

ACH with MC cover, and Solaithe Helmet Wisp, Rhodesian Brushstroke
    Unknown Brand Operator Cap, Rhodesian Brushstroke
    Mechanix Wear Original Gloves

Weapons:
    FN SCAR 17S w/Tight Chutes Chimera Adjustable Sling (Rhodesian Brushstroke)
    SIG Sauer P320-M17

After using MultiCam as my primary, go-to camo for the better part of two decades, I've come to the decision it isn't the best pattern moving forward. It works great, but it is over-used, potentially leading to IFF concerns if things get... weird. As such, I've decided to make more use of other patterns, and shift my gear to coyote brown to be more pattern neutral. Since I'm making that switch, figured it'd be worth the effort to upgrade more than a few items as well in the process. I started working on this early this year, and it's finally "finished." I'm not completely convinced I'll leave it exactly as it is now, with several items included on a trial basis, namely the SPUD-clone and the back panel. I like the flexibility of the SPUD design, but couldn't bring myself to pay $60 for one, especially if I didn't like it. Might grab a real one down the line if I like the Clone. Same concept for the back panel; not sold on the concept, but figured I'd give it a try, and upgrade down the line if I like it. If not, I'll try to get a MOLLE panel and just use it to cover the bungie cummerbund attachments.

The selection of RBS here was pretty simple, I like it. It's a good pattern, works in my AO pretty well year round, which makes it a good replacement for MC, and it isn't widely used but is available. Finally, Leftists hate it, so no chance of those clowns using it. Literally the top comment from a conversation in the SRA's Reddit group on the subject of camo and gear:

Very nice!
    We are in different parts of the country. In my case, in Florida, with heavy vegetation, Multicam seems to be a good choice.
    Last edited by 202; 04-07-24 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Extremely cool setup. Everything seems well vetted and at the same time you go with tried and true and not the Delta/Seal/Ranger of the month gear like you see all over Instagram. I understand what you are saying about Multicam, I do love it, as it works decently everywhere but doesn't work perfectly anywhere, I know that being from the Midwest there is quite a few months of just brown followed by 3 brilliant months of green
    Yeah, I always try not to chase the Cool Guy SOF flavor of the month kit, but rather go with a set up that works, and is usable as a rifleman.

And yeah, being in a region with actual seasons makes picking any one camo pattern or gear a bit of a pain. I know some folks don't realize the difference, because their AO is always green or brown heavy, but here, we have massive extremes, months apart.

These two photos were taken probably a hundred yards form one another, but one was in January, and the other in May.

With that in mind, a transitional pattern and/or gear that is acceptable year round is a must. How dry and brown everything gets is the main reason why I went with CB over Ranger Green for gear. Well, that and I saw a discussion on the RSA years ago talking up RG as "their" color, and that has kinda stuck with me.

Quote Originally Posted by 202 View Post
    Very nice!
    We are in different parts of the country. In my case, in Florida, with heavy vegetation, Multicam seems to be a good choice.
    MultiCam is almost always a good choice, that's the problem. That's why I'm trying to find something that seems to work almost as well, but isn't quite so common or heavily used by the powers that be. Rhodesian Brushstroke definitely shows promise, as I've seen hunting in it, but I really need to test it this spring to see how it works with more greenery. Might also mix in some BDU or Tiger Strip camo to see if that is a better alternative during the green months.

It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I always try not to chase the Cool Guy SOF flavor of the month kit, but rather go with a set up that works, and is usable as a rifleman.

And yeah, being in a region with actual seasons makes picking any one camo pattern or gear a bit of a pain. I know some folks don't realize the difference, because their AO is always green or brown heavy, but here, we have massive extremes, months apart.

These two photos were taken probably a hundred yards form one another, but one was in January, and the other in May.

With that in mind, a transitional pattern and/or gear that is acceptable year round is a must. How dry and brown everything gets is the main reason why I went with CB over Ranger Green for gear. Well, that and I saw a discussion on the RSA years ago talking up RG as "their" color, and that has kinda stuck with me.

MultiCam is almost always a good choice, that's the problem. That's why I'm trying to find something that seems to work almost as well, but isn't quite so common or heavily used by the powers that be. Rhodesian Brushstroke definitely shows promise, as I've seen hunting in it, but I really need to test it this spring to see how it works with more greenery. Might also mix in some BDU or Tiger Strip camo to see if that is a better alternative during the green months.

The picture of the soybean field might as well be 100 yards from my house right now. I like and understand your methodology in concerns to camo and color choice, this is why I tend to go with a lot of hunting camo vs something more Military based. The multitude of patterns mean I can tailor my day to day depending on the weather is great and I like the ability to walk around town while wearing Mossy Oak, as this isn't something out of the norm at Walmart or the Grocery store. I've got MARPAT, M81 Woodland, Ranger Green BDU type uniforms but some Coyote Kuhl pants and Cabelas hoodie does a damn fine job in the woods. There are of course IR compliant concerns, which I need a way to address better.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Great points. Let us know your opinion on coyote brown after you work with it for a while.
    Last edited by 202; 04-08-24 at 14:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 202 View Post
    Great points. Let us know your opinion on coyote brown after you work with it for a while.
    Will do. I'm hoping to get out and do some range time in kit soon, and maybe even some field training this summer. I'll keep notes and try to get pictures to illustrate how well or poorly my kit does.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What was your impressions of the Brushstroke gear from Freedom Ventures, would you consider it "Mil spec" or leaning more to towards "knock off"? Also quality? fit and finish? Sizing?
    Would describe the material on the lighter side? or heavier? etc. Thanks

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    What was your impressions of the Brushstroke gear from Freedom Ventures, would you consider it "Mil spec" or leaning more to towards "knock off"? Also quality? fit and finish? Sizing?
    Would describe the material on the lighter side? or heavier? etc. Thanks
    I'd say it's somewhere in the MilSpec range. It's not Crye quality, but it's not "Chinese knock off" quality either. Quality seems ok, though I am worried about the elastic used in the Combat pants size adjusting bands. Sizing is good, possibly slightly big. I was overly cautious with the pants size, and ordered a size up. They ended up almost too big, and I like my pants baggy. Next order will just order my normal size. The material is very similar to Army ACU material, so relatively light weight. Definitely not the heavy weight cotton that WPG uses for their offerings.

A friend drove up from Texas unexpectedly this weekend (bad marital separation, had to get out of the house), and we decided to get some range time in and LARP in the woods. Photo dump first:

Final picture, comparison with my buddy's MultiCam:

I'll let the photos speak for how the pattern seemed to work in the environment. Overall, I think it did well, and we'll see how it looks here in a month or two when things get more green.

As for the gear (ya know, the point of this entire thread), the kit mostly worked as intended. Few points:

The Good
    The plate carrier was as comfy as possible, and played well with the battle belt. I had no issues getting to anything on the kit, or moving around in it. I liked having the option of putting my field top in the AVS zip-on pack when I put on the combat shirt, so that concept seems sound. One thing that I was worried about was the relatively small and thin Tight Chutes sling replacing my V-Tac slings. It worked fine, though I do miss the ability of the V-Tac to be over tightened.

The Bad
    The ACH and my Walker's didn't play well together. I really couldn't stand how tightly compressed my head felt trying to wear both of them. This seems especially odd since I've worn both together before around the house, but no matter what I tried, nothing seemed to make it work. Definitely something to work on, and maybe even consider a high cut helmet. I'm resistant to those, because I don't want to give up the extra side pieces, but may have to consider it. The other issue I ran into was using the zip on pack to hold a CamelBak. It was advertised as holding one, but it would not fit for anything. I'm going to have to figure that issue out, or I'll have to abandon the zip-on panel, or go without a hydration bladder.

Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131 LastLast