Page 14 of 130 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Last edited by whorable; 01-07-11 at 04:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't post on this forum often, but posted this on another forum and was asked to put it up here as well.

My current training loadout is as follows. I say current delicately as my kit is constantly evolving.

Starting from head to toe, first up is my kevlar. It is an LWH with Ops-Core VAS Shroud, Oregon Aero BLSS Kit, Surefire Helmet light, and MS2000 attached with Velcro. The helmet was a cost effective solution to having personal head protection and a platform for NVGs. That said, my very next large purchase will be an Ops-Core FAST helmet. Having tried out my buddies, there is absolutely no comparison in comfort. I thought that my current setup was decent (decent being not such a horrible headache at the end of a day...) but the FAST is leaps and bounds ahead anything else I have tried. Side note for those who may be wondering: I run Peltor Soundtraps under the LWH by removing the top large circular pad from the helmet. They do fit, but it is tight and the primary reason for discomfort especially when used with eye-pro.

Next up is my SPC. I wanted to keep the front one mag shingle thick, to aid in overall maneuverability, and shooting in the prone. Also wanted to keep the right side as slick as possible for ease of draw.

Armor:
    - Medium E-SAPIs front and rear
    - PACA soft armor inserts in the cummerbund
    - SPC's come with sewn in soft armor front and rear
    Pouches (starting top to bottom left to right):
    - MSM Patch Panel w/ Write in the rain pad
    - Blue Force Gear Tourniquet NOW with CAT
    - Surefire V70 with 6P/G2 abortion (going to upgrade to a 6PX Tactical)
    - Tactical Tailor triple shingle with modified Esstac Kydex inserts. The inserts were cut down width wise, and height wise on the side towards the PC. This was done to lesson retention as I have found when they are inserted in non-Esstac pouches the retention is FAR too much. The why: I strongly prefer to run my pouches open-top and always discard the elastic retention straps. Reason being is mostly due to speed, but also retention straps can make tactical-reloads quite tricky. The TT triple shingle is a bit loose to begin with, which might have been crucial in getting the Esstac inserts to work. Due to the looseness and lack of retention straps, sometimes diving prone I would lose a mag or two. I was actually running the TT triple shingle for quite a while and had the Esstac inserts just lying around waiting to go in my Boar. Having both components on hand, I thought I would see if I could make them work. If I didn't have either I would definitely just go straight to buying the Esstac Pouch/inserts. All things considered, I am extremely happy with my setup as I have dialed in the pouches to the exact retention levels I want. For example my go-to pouch for speed reloads has a bit less retention than the other two...
    - Tactical Tailor single shingle
    - TAG double Universal Pistol Mag Enhanced pouch. My personal favorite pistol mag pouch (so far), uses elastic + magnets for retention. Open top, so speed reloads are fast, yet retention is plenty strong to retain mags during rigorous activities. Tac-reloads are also easy as the pouches don't completely close up when empty.
    - Fight and Flight Tactical Sustainment pouch w/ Source bladder. This thing is perfect height for the shorter PCs, good quality and a great price. Only gripe is it doesn't come with a hydration port or bladder hanger. My carrier was modified by So-Tech who installed a large black grommet to route my hydration hose through, forgot to get a hanger sewn in...

Front

Left

Right

Back

Belt kit: (I had a few modifications done that are covered HERE. )
    - ATS War belt
    - 215 Gear Ultimate Riggers Belt as an inner belt
    - Benchmade Model 7 Rescue Hook
    - TAG double Universal Pistol Mag Enhanced pouch
    - Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed SSE pouch. I personally don't train on dump pouches, but do know that having one can prove to be very useful if not vital for other tasks beyond just magazines. The BFG Ten-Speed SSE fills that niche perfectly for me, by being completely out of the way most of the time but there when I need it. The slim profile of the pouch is crucial as I need to access my IFAK, and other pouches such as Rolly-Pollys inhibit this.
    - ICE Tactical Detachable Belt Mounted IFAK mounted at the 6 o'clock. I had some Velcro added to the rear of the pouch for various patches. Contents include: HALO Chest Seal, 4 inch OALES bandage, SWAT-T Tourniquet, 15g Celox, Kerlix Gauze, NPA + Lube, Nitrile Gloves. The why: I personally keep "prime real-estate" for gear that is keeping me IN the fight. That primarily entails my mags. After mags, I have a flashlight and tourniquet because I feel they are both essential yet, small enough to not be in the way at all. Past the right of my Tourniquet I will not mount ANYTHING, as I don't want to even chance having a hang-up when drawing my secondary. Where the MSM patch panel sits would NOT be an option for an IFAK as my stock rests pretty much on-top of that and I do train ambidextrously often, so pushing it to one side wouldn't work for me. The patch panel is so flat that I barely even notice it's there, especially with my write in the rain pad that I have torn out about half the pages from and hammered the bindings to make them thinner. (Yes I am weird, perhaps a bit OCD, but I like my kit as good as I can get it...) Mounting my IFAK to the left of my pistol mag pouch on my SPC would also not be a viable option as it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to access. All in all, I look at my IFAK as a piece of kit that I only need when I am OUT of the fight. Therefore, to me, it is not worth sacrificing "prime real-estate" on the front of my kit for. There is also a benefit to having it directly at my 6 o'clock, and that is that I can easily access the pouch with both hands. That way if I am injured on one arm the other arm can still access the pouch. Everything is a compromise, and my way is just what works for me. The setup will most likely change when a better way comes along; as I said before my gear setup is constantly evolving.
    - Safariland 6004 for M&P.45 w/x300 w/ Strider EB-AC attached in kydex sheath

My chest rig for when I need to run lighter/cooler:
    - Esstac Bush Boar
    - ATS CLAP w/ write in the rain pad, pens, pencil, sharpies, etc.
    - ATS triple shingle
    - Spec-Ops Brand double pistol mag pouch

Feedback Score

eagle industries maritime ciras with my boomstick after adding some pouches... more accessories on the way !!
    blessed are the peacemakers...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Here's my latest...for now:

Eagle Plate Carrier (no cummerbund)
    5.11 AR double and singe pouches
    5.11 double pistol pouches
    Condor ID carrier (cheap, but gets the job done)

On my belt, I'll have my pistol, an extra mag or two and a dump pouch.

Feedback Score

Blackhawk plate carrier
    Winkler Knives R & D Spiked tomahawk.
    511 tactical boots
    Kevlar helmet
    ACCUMOLD DUTY BELT
    Safari land leg holster
    Omega drop leg gas mask pouch
    Surviair Gasmask
    2 cs gas canister
    1 cs gas grenade
    Pair of Hatch operator shortys gloves.
    Satellite Com. Radio.
    Hands Free set.
    Mini first aid kit in a Maxpedition pouch
    Blackhawk Special Operations Goggles
    Gerber multi tool
    Mizar Monocular
    Sure Fire leads flashlight
    Spear batteries
    Lighter
    Smith & Wesson handcuffs
    Winkler Knives II Belt knife
    Victorinox wrist watch whit compass
    3 seventeen round Glock factory magazines
    2 thirty one round Glock factory magazines
    1 twenty round Glock modified magazine
    5 30 round H&K factory magazines
    Glock 17 whit and M3 Tactical Weapon Light
    H&K MP5 whit a CAA vertical grip
    Hatch knee and elbow pads

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Guys, I think we're getting a little off track. This isn't just a picture thread. Pics are good, lists of what's in the pic are better, but we're supposed to be including the why and the how along with the what. Without it the thread is pretty useless.

1. Title your post 'Range loadout', 'Contractor loadout', 'LE loadout', 'Military combat loadout', '3-gun match loadout', 'Home defense loadout' etc, or whatever best describes how the gear is used.

2. List the items in the photos.

3. Include a brief description of why you made the equipment choices you did and any other info you'd like to include.
    Last edited by rob_s; 02-04-11 at 04:20.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo2304 View Post
    Here's my latest...for now:

Eagle Plate Carrier (no cummerbund)
    5.11 AR double and singe pouches
    5.11 double pistol pouches
    Condor ID carrier (cheap, but gets the job done)

On my belt, I'll have my pistol, an extra mag or two and a dump pouch.
    Sorry Rob, had a long day yesterday and forgot to add the "why."

Since I'm a civilian, I don't really need body armor so it's going onto my wish list. If I see a deal on plates, I'll pick some up, but I'm going to concentrate on getting a few other things first.

This is my new 3-Gun rig. I have the AR pouches located fairly centered and a little of to the left since I'll be grabbing them with my support (left) hand. I'm only using the 5.11 mag pouches for now until I can decide on what to replace them with. They work, but I might get a Tactical Tailor triple mag pouch. I debated on whether I should carry two, three or four AR mags. The two 3-Gun shoots I've done have all been relatively low round counts for the rifle. I could get away with two full mags, total. I decided on three because the only thing worse than carrying too much ammo, is not having enough! What I might try doing is loading random amounts of ammo in each mag so I have to do speed reloads.

The double pistol mag pouch is the only one I have. I have a single from Blackhawk! but I don't really care too much for the design. I may use it for carrying a knife or something. I'll need to get a double pistol mag pouch for my belt as I only have a single mag holder (Com-tac kydex.) I typically need to carry more rounds for the pistol on account of the damn dueling trees!

I haven't figured out what to do about the shotgun rounds. I may carry them on my belt just in front of my pistol, but I've got plenty of real estate on my plate carrier. I've thought about getting one of those Loadmasters for my 590. Despite the ugly, they certainly appear to be worth considering.

I'm planning on adding a Maxpedition Fugly to carry a few small tools and items like ear plugs. The Condor ID panel will be moved to the back and I'd like to get a patch showing my RSO status. I may even add a hydration pouch but we'll see.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out on the range and seeing just how I like the layout and the plate carrier itself. So far, it's okay. The side straps seem to loosen up every time I take it off. I've got a fix in mind that will hopefully fix it. Also, the rear half seems to leave most of my kidneys exposed. Maybe it just needs adjusting...or a ceramic plate in it to level it off.

BTW, I'll have a dump pouch on my belt along with my pistol and two pistol mags.
    Last edited by halo2304; 02-04-11 at 20:41.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What is the purpose for the carabiners that people have hooked on their rigs?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I always had one to hook my GPS lanyard in. That way if I needed to hand the GPS to a teammate, it was easy to take off instead of untying the lanyard from the MOLLE webbing or other anchor point.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmillanman5 View Post
    What is the purpose for the carabiners that people have hooked on their rigs?
    They come in handy for all kinds of things. I have them for hanging my digital camera, ear pro, timers, all sorts of things.

If you're attaching to MOLLE, the product you're seeing in a lot of the photos is the ITW Grimlock which works great because it locks shut.

Page 14 of 130 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast