Page 21 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

March to the sound of guns and kill everyone not dressed like you
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
    This is my "range/collectors kit" as I am just a civvie who likes gear and hitting the range every so often.
    You use comms and chemlights when you go to the range? And everything else is nice man, why not ditch the thermold mags?
    Last edited by steve-oh; 03-14-11 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-oh View Post
    You use comms and chemlights when you go to the range? And everything else is nice man, why not ditch the thermold mags?
    +1 on the above, and what's "collectors kit"? Is that like Airsoft with live ammo?
    Must be nice to just get into shooting and be able to afford all that...
    Last edited by kaltesherz; 03-14-11 at 13:32.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    "collectors kit"? Is that like Airsoft with live ammo?

Yeah pretty much. I will admit I used to be an airsofter and still have some of it laying around, I use one of my old airsoft rifles for drills in my backyard, and the comms were left over from that period of my life, as it's a picture I thought I'd toss it in. When I have used it at the range I do not have the comms on it. I also term it collectors as I have no real world need for a PC, I wanted a PC, but obviously this is overkill for anything I would really encounter, it's just something I liked the look of and the reviews sounded like it was comfortable and not too bulky. I also like the concept of the STKSS to keep me fresh for longer days on the range.

The termold mags are getting replaced by PMAGs as I get more and more annoyed with them, but they were given to me by a friend and after some shooting I've noticed why he dosen't use them.

This is actually the result of selling off most of my RC aircraft fleet, I've moved recently and shooting sports are more active near me than RC is so I've moved into another hobby. My kit I've been using for the past year is an Eagle universal chest rig, eagle duty belt, and a $10 surplus camelbak so I've gone from one end of the spectrum to another but I've been saving for a few months to get that whole setup just right.
    Last edited by Frogfish; 03-14-11 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
    Yeah pretty much. I will admit I used to be an airsofter and still have some of it laying around, I use one of my old airsoft rifles for drills in my backyard, and the comms were left over from that period of my life, as it's a picture I thought I'd toss it in. When I have used it at the range I do not have the comms on it. I also term it collectors as I have no real world need for a PC, I wanted a PC, but obviously this is overkill for anything I would really encounter, it's just something I liked the look of and the reviews sounded like it was comfortable and not too bulky. I also like the concept of the STKSS to keep me fresh for longer days on the range.

The termold mags are getting replaced by PMAGs as I get more and more annoyed with them, but they were given to me by a friend and after some shooting I've noticed why he dosen't use them.

This is actually the result of selling off most of my RC aircraft fleet, I've moved recently and shooting sports are more active near me than RC is so I've moved into another hobby. My kit I've been using for the past year is an Eagle universal chest rig, eagle duty belt, and a $10 surplus camelbak so I've gone from one end of the spectrum to another but I've been saving for a few months to get that whole setup just right.
    Ah. What kind of plates are you using? Inserts?
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    I was thinking of geting the Crye backers but for right now I have some cheap ESAPI plates. I'm debating on getting side plates, for now I'm holding off until I get some nicer front and rear plates, just don't know which ones to get I have more research to do for that.
    Last edited by Frogfish; 03-14-11 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Put the pistol mags higher up. I had the pistol mags in front of my carbine mags, but during emergency pistol reloads I kept on grabbing the carbine mags (major Herp Derp).

Put the admin pouch on my strong side with a couple of loose knick-knacks in there. 9-line cards, etc. are in there. The pouch is nice and thin so it won't interfere with my pistol draw.

Rig has built in MBITR pouches at the 10 & 2 o clock positions (in the cumberbund.)

Small bleeder kit in a double mag pouch mounted on the chest (including TQ and israeli bandage).

The padded GP pouch is empty.

The double mag pouch in front is empty for use as a GP pouch, or to plus up to 7 mags on chest, if necessary.

Hydro carrier on rear.

I should probably lighten it even more, but I'll leave it as is, for now.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Help me I can't figure out automatic timer!

Issue multicams
    Kayland boots
    Peltor Comtac IIs.
    HSGI warlord jimmy-rigged to the issue plate carrier
    IFAK and ATS admin pouch on warlord. Admin pouch holds SOG multitool, spare 123 batteries, Surefire G6, candy (nom nom nom) or seeds, SOG knife, Slip2000, collapsed cleaning rod and chem lights. IFAK holds... well, IFAK stuff.
    ATS war belt with double shingle, blue force gear tourniquet now! and some other small pouch from skd. It holds another knife, flashlight, lighter, and bandage. Idea being the war belt will be my putting around the FOB wear for when I don't want to put on the warlord. I'll still have 90 rounds and essential first aid gear on me.
    The one piece ACH front pad is money, try it.
    Also, Oakley jury's are some bad ass sunglasses. Try them and look down on all other sunglasses for the rest of forever.
    And smartwools socks underneath the Kaylands. I've worn other socks but I keep going back to smartwools. Superfeet green or black insoles for my flat-as-day-old beer feet.

Warlord attaches directly to the plate carrier via 4 buckles, each with two strands of gutted 550 and two end of the line bowlines. The way it's rigged the plate carrier still retains it's quick release ability which is apparently required. Inside the warlord I've got a few more chemlights, a pocket Pashto thing of phrases, gum, and other accountability lists.

I like the warlord and how it's rigged for a few other reasons. Namely, it's a lot better than the crappy issue panel, and it sits higher on me than the issue panel. So instead of having magazines on my gut, they are on my burley chest. I can get lower to the ground, and also access the mags easier in the prone.

There you have it.

Feedback Score
    And here I thought I was the only one that dressed up and took photos in my living room.

Those MC ACU's look snazzy. What do you think of the mountain boots?
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    What? This is how I always dress! I kid, well normally I don't do the picture of me thing, but I did re-tie the 550 cord in preps for leaving for AFG next week, and had everything on after one last field problem.

The issue mountain boots (Danners) suck. The soles aren't bendy enough, and yes bendy is the official word for it. I bought the Kaylands and some Merrells and both are way better in my opinion, lighter, and still waterproof with gore-tex. I don't know if I gave the Danners enough time, wore them around for a week and used them on 2 road marches.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Nice, I love seeing the M14 hanging on the wall above the flag.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Page 21 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast