Page 41 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    _____
    Last edited by smm345; 06-06-12 at 18:37.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    What's up, I am new here. First post as well. I tried to make an intro thread but do not have those privileges yet. Anyway I am an infantryman in the army. I have two deployments and been in four years. Back to the topic, here is my personnel kit and hopefully soon to be my contractor kit.

Plate carrier;
    TAG/Shellback Banshee
    TAG triple enhanced m4 mag pouch
    TAG molle 3l hydro pouch w/ 3l source bladder
    TAG rampage admin pouch w/ flap
    2 TAG shingle m4 mag pouch
    BFG TKN pouch loaded
    BFG TN strap
    BDS gp pouch
    esapi front and back plates

Battle belt;
    TT fight light battle belt
    TT double 20rnd m4 mag pouch
    2 TT fight light frag pouch
    TAG dump pouch
    TAG double enhanced pistol mag pouch
    Emdom dragster strap & pouch
    215 Gear ultimate riggers belt

I still need side plates and soft armor for the PC. I also plan on getting TAGs shoulder pads for it and then buying some 2in velcro strips to get sewn on the inside of the back so I can attach those pontoon pads SKD has. For the battle belt I still need a TT horizontal e&e pouch for the back and a TAG double flashbang pouch. Ohh and I need a benchmade strap cutter to put somewhere as well..
    Last edited by Endur; 02-07-12 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    -Ares ASPIS w/ kangaroo pouch
    -Gamma Level III+ plates
    -Tyr Tactical SOF IFAK pouch and dual mag pouch

Prior to getting it "done" - just for height/placement reference.
    6-1 and 190ish lbs.

Purpose is to supplement regular domestic LE duty uniform, equipment and soft body armor for more serious calls. The carrier did come with a cummerbund but I have yet to pick up side panels for it so it's staying pretty slick
    "...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

"I had no real need to remove it, but I like to check out things to see why they're so wonderful." - markm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1 on running the secondary on a cummerbund. My draw times improved when I made the switch, and it may just be the fact that I can see the weapon and better coordinate where to place my hand to establish a grip, but I feel much more confident in the reliability of my draw from a cummerbund than I do from a belt while wearing any armor carrier or chest rig. But thats just me. Give it a try if youve got a MOLLE compatible holster. It really changes the draw.

And it is ideal for a temporary primary weapon retainer. If I need to work on a device, a buddy, whatever, I need the primary out of the way but I dont want to bother with transitioning the sling to a 2 point and then possibly back to a singlepoint when I need the weapon. And I am even less interested in detaching the primary from myself, setting it on the ground and possibly losing it if I need to move. Locations and environment would dictate where Id place the weapon if detached from me. If stowed behind the secondary, it is consistently right there. And if I can simplify my setup by not including some unnecessary primary retention loop thing, all the better.

Heres a G19 holster I made for IWB use. Removed the wings. Reversed the MALICE clips I was using as belt loops. Viola.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    +1 on running the secondary on a cummerbund. My draw times improved when I made the switch, and it may just be the fact that I can see the weapon and better coordinate where to place my hand to establish a grip, but I feel much more confident in the reliability of my draw from a cummerbund than I do from a belt while wearing any armor carrier or chest rig. But thats just me. Give it a try if youve got a MOLLE compatible holster. It really changes the draw.

And it is ideal for a temporary primary weapon retainer. If I need to work on a device, a buddy, whatever, I need the primary out of the way but I dont want to bother with transitioning the sling to a 2 point and then possibly back to a singlepoint when I need the weapon. And I am even less interested in detaching the primary from myself, setting it on the ground and possibly losing it if I need to move. Locations and environment would dictate where Id place the weapon if detached from me. If stowed behind the secondary, it is consistently right there. And if I can simplify my setup by not including some unnecessary primary retention loop thing, all the better.

Heres a G19 holster I made for IWB use. Removed the wings. Reversed the MALICE clips I was using as belt loops. Viola.

Not a bad idea, have you ran through and drills and what not with that setup to see if it is gtg?

Feedback Score

Class/Range/HD setup

I'm not LE/mil, so my needs are pretty simple: training and protecting the family unit. As an added bonus, I'm right handed and left eye dominant (solution is shooting rifles lefty) so working out a viable war belt setup for pistol and AR mags is less than ideal. So for a carbine rig setup, my top priority is that it needs to be grab-n-go.

I wanted something light weight, low profile and easy to throw on in case of emergency. A PC didn't make any sense because I'm not going to wear plates. I tried the Eagle chest rig, but the criss-cross straps got tricky when I tried to throw the rig on under stress. Plus the padded shoulder straps would sometimes get under the butt stock when shouldering the rifle.

The BFG Ten Speed chest rig is perfect. I'll load 3 or 4 mags depending on the day's activity and use the end pockets to alternately hold a Surefire light, multi-tool, basic FAK, writing materials, etc. The rig sits high and flat against my chest and can be concealed under a jacket shell if need be. There is zero hang up or interference with my carbine and sling setups. Also, the H style harness makes it very quick to throw on and the shoulder straps lay nice and flat. You just don't get any more low profile than a Ten Speed.

Belt setup is for a pistol and spare mag(s) only. A Wilderness belt tends to be a daily casual wear item. I prefer the Raven Concealment holsters because they hold the pistol very tight to your side, but also use another holster with Tek-loc because it's so easy to take on/off. There's a Benchmade folder in my pocket on any given day of the week too. It's not a sexy setup like the PC rigs, but the Ten Speed rig suits my needs to a "T".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Since it was kind of brought up, on my old SKD Eagle chest rig, I ran my pistol on the right side using the Eagle thumb break. This is a bad picture because its not being being worn and the thumb break was sized for my USP not my G19.

I used to love this set up because it held the pistol in tight to my body, the problem was that re-holstering was a two-handed process.

I sold this set up and went with the Eagle M4 LE "FB" chest rig. Then I purchased a Safariland 6378 and mounted it to the right side molle webbing using the MLS holster mount (6004-15).
    This set up didn't work for me.
    The grip of the pistol sticks out way too far and when I would naturally bring my right arm up, my inner arm at the elbow would get "hooked" by my holstered pistol.
    I still love the idea of having my pistol mounted to my chest rig so I'll have to figure something else out but for the time being, the 6378 will be on my belt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango374 View Post
    The grip of the pistol sticks out way too far and when I would naturally bring my right arm up, my inner arm at the elbow would get "hooked" by my holstered pistol.
    I still love the idea of having my pistol mounted to my chest rig so I'll have to figure something else out but for the time being, the 6378 will be on my belt.
    I'm having the same problem right now: where to mount the pistol. I'd almost prefer a flap holster that completely encloses the handgun, but other than the military Bianchi holster I can't find anything even close.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

OSOE Stacked M4 Micro Rig
    MSM Small Patch Panel
    Benchmade 7 hook

HSGI SGPB
    MUT
    G Code holster
    HSGI Bleeder pouch
    Maxped Roly
    HSGI Rifle Tacos
    TT dual pistol mag
    Maxped tube pouch
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post

OSOE Stacked M4 Micro Rig
    MSM Small Patch Panel
    Benchmade 7 hook

HSGI SGPB
    MUT
    G Code holster
    HSGI Bleeder pouch
    Maxped Roly
    HSGI Rifle Tacos
    TT dual pistol mag
    Maxped tube pouch

Your setup is similar to my end goal. How do you like the pistol mag setup? Does it flop around much like that? Do they stay oriented for fast mag changes? Could I get some better pics of the pistol pouches attached to the rifle pouches?

Page 41 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast