Page 44 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Rig for training, etc. Eagle plate carrier with PIG cummerbund. The PIG was more comfortable and provides extra MOLLE space. Pouches are a combination of Eagle, Marz, and might have some Condor on there too. HSGI shoulder pads. CamelBak hydration. I'd like to get some single mag pouches to keep things slick. On the VTAC belt, couple Eagle single mags, pistol, and dump pouch (not shown).

Desert shooting loadout. This was a overview I put together for some friends on the 5.11 a while back that had asked about it.

Color; Flat Dark Earth

5.11/VTAC 'Slickstick' MOLLE pouches. Stacked double mag, double pistol mag, and padded accessory pouches attached.

MOLLE Vest | VTAC LBE Tactical Vest | 5.11 Tactical

Finally got this LBE vest put together in a decent arrangement. I'm going to add a med pouch and dump pouch in the free spaces on the back (since done as can be seen in the pic). Will add a blade in a kydex sheath too. Adjustability for height and girth makes the vest ideal to adjust to your uniform and loadout. Breathable mesh during summer is a plus. These YKK zippers are like butter. You can feel the quality of this vest the moment you pick it up. The 'Slickstick' MOLLE on the pouches are fantastic and make putting on and taking off of pouches much easier. Tacky rubber on upper webbing. Places to attach identificaiton patches. A potential con for this vest is the lack of belt loops, but I actually find it a plus. It's much easier to take the vest on/off without messing with your entire belt rig, and should you ever be injured this would help as well. Cammo pattern can be seen through the mesh to a degree which was a nice surprise.

From 5.11
    Stiffened Mesh Nylon
    Hidden document pockets
    Hidden grab handle
    Hydration Pocket
    Adjustable in girth and length
    Molle attachment system
    High impact plastic clips
    YKK® Zipper
    Last edited by TangoSauce; 05-14-12 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Active Shooter LEO..I also used this when I was a 37F, active reserves. I ran side plates and closed top during that time.

I realize this isn't as high speed as some but it's what I got.

**I need to find a decent PC mounted single point sling and I am thinking of ditching the stacked mag pouches for singles.

**I just put a full HSGI battle belt together and will post pics when I am not being lazy.

AND yes, I know the lawn wasn't mowed...fiancee' pulled out her super duper HSLD camera I bought her for Christmas, handed me our 3 month old son and dragged my gear out...

I can put this on over my uniform w/soft armor beneath and still access my duty belt with no problems.

ESAPI's front/rear
    SKD PIG
    SKD PIG Hyrdo Carrier
    SKD Elastic Cummerbund
    Esstac KYWI Triple M4/Pistol mag pouch
    IFAK done by a friend who has opened his own tactical nylon business
    BFG TQ holder
    1 of original 5 Tactical C*cks made before SOE started selling them under their name.

Last edited by J_B; 05-16-12 at 04:02.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is my warrant/active shooter kit; I run my normal duty belt with my uniform, this is just the added kit. I just replaced my Paraclete SOHPC I ran for quite a while with the Mayflower Assault Plate Carrier and couldn't be more happy. I love the SOHPC, but I began to realize that while I loved it and it served me well for years, the APC was much more streamlined. For those of you who've ever gotten in a foot chase and jumped fences with a plate carrier, you'll understand and appreciate a more streamlined kit.

Switching to the Mayflower APC, I was able to drop the OSOE NSW Admin pouch I was running, since the APC has a built in admin pocket with velcro closure; I keep a sharpie and multi-tool in the admin pocket. I liked being able to remove pouches, given the amount of running and fences I have jumped wearing these things, removing anything I can is a huge benefit. I also love that there is a kangaroo pouch that sits behind the cummerbund flap, eliminating the added difficulty of using the flap with mags and whatever else attached to it. There is also another smaller pocket in front of the admin pocket that does not have a velcro closure, I keep a set of latex gloves in there.

I added another Surefire helmet light to my carrier after a DEA warrant school, having the added light can aid in buddy rescue. This way it frees up both hands if there is not enough ambient light or someone holding a light for you.

This shows how slim the front of the APC is. The Mayflower mag insert sits in the kangaroo pouch, which sits behind the cummerbund flap, eliminating the added weight and pain of using the flap when it's loaded with mags. You can also see the admin pouch with velcro closure, and the small pocket in front with blue latex gloves.

Mayflower APC
    • Mayflower Triple 5.56 Magazine Insert
    • Surefire Helmet Light
    • BFG Tourniquet Now w/ CAT Tourniquet
    • BFG Helium Whisper Double Pistol
    • NARP Med Kit

I tied the shears off with para cord after it was a little tip brought up in a DEA warrant school. It should have clicked with me a long time ago, given the OIS's I've been involved in and having 2 cops go down next to me to gunshot wounds, but it finally did at the class... things happen in the dark! I've been lucky enough that we have had medics on standby for stuff like this, but it's still a fact of nature, I work at night, things will happen to me at night. Once you set something down, like shears, given the stress and everything else, it may be difficult to find it. With the added para cord, all I have to do is follow the cord, which is tied off to the MOLLE on the back of the med kit, and easily find the shears.

NARP Med Kit Contents
    • CAT Tourniquet
    • 2x S Rolled Gauze
    • Trauma Dressing
    • Chest Seal
    • Nasopharyngeal Tube
    • CTOMS Medical Shears w/ Para Cord
    • Sharpie

MSA ACH
    • Horrible Paint Job
    • Ops Core ARC Rail System
    • Surefire Helmet Light
    • Ops Core Head Loc H-Nape
    • Gave the NVG mount to a buddy, so for now the bungies are hooked to each other.

Depending on what the situation is, or where I'm stacked for warrants, I choose either the rifle or the shotgun. Sometimes I end up on the shield, in which case I obviously just run my pistol.

Rock River Rifle
    • Surefire G2X Tactical in a VTAC Mount
    • KAC Foregrip…Soon to be replaced by a LaRue FUG once it comes in.
    • LaRue 7.0 Rail w/ Magpul XTM Rail Panels
    • AimPoint M3 in a LaRue LT-150 Mount
    • Redi-Mag w/ Magpul BAD Lever…both somewhat stripped of paint, departmental policy states everything must be black.
    • VTAC Sling
    • LaRue BUIS w/ CSAT Aperature
    • LMT SOPMOD Stock

Remington 870P
    • Surefire 618LM Forend
    • VTAC Sling
    • Mesa Tactical 6 Shot Side Saddle

It's been an ever evolving work in progress as far as getting kit/changing kit based on personal experiences and training. I only have a few warrants and about 3 hours on the range with the APC, but I love everything about it compared to my SOHPC. The only thing I liked on the SOHPC that this does not have is the IIIA cummerbund, but Velocity Systems makes IIIA inserts for the APC, and I may pick those up eventually.
    Last edited by Vendetta; 05-21-12 at 00:33.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    TYR Tactical GPC

Havnt done much to it yet.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alex71 View Post
    TYR Tactical GPC

Havnt done much to it yet.

Really all you need man...unless you aren't planning on running a 1st line (Battle Belt) with it?

Nice rig though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Really all you need man...unless you aren't planning on running a 1st line (Battle Belt) with it?

Nice rig though.
    Just going to add some pistol pouches and call it good.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mayflower APC, s/m
    medium SAPI's
    IIIa backers (cumberbund & plate)
    Mayflower Kangaroo pouch
    BFG 10 speed
    CAT
    iFak (CAT, israeli bandage, gloves, tape, nasal airway, shears, H&H compressed gauze)

Feedback Score
    Just ordered my GPC from Tyr, looks good bro, excited to check it out.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by currahee View Post
    This is my main go to rig

Blackhawk low profile 4 mag + two pistol mag rig, heavily modified. SpecOps pistol belt with NTAC holster for G17
    , Uncle Mike's double mag holder and a Spec ops double mag pouch as a BOK.
    That is one of the best, no BS, rig I have seen in a very long time. Very nice.
    Last edited by docsherm; 06-04-12 at 20:44.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevin8nin View Post

I'm rather amateur when it comes to shooting, and the gear that goes along with it. Some stuff I was able to figure out from looking around, or second hand, but mostly I had to buy-and-try things before ending up with these things.
    This is my training/competition/disaster loadout. Since the pistol stuff is all worn off the belt, I can easily change holsters for different guns and run different mags in the mag pouches, and use it independently or in conjunction with the PC or different chest rigs (i.e. shotgun).

The PC:
    Tactical Assault Gear 'Plate Carrier'
    Eagle FB single mag pouches x3, with the flaps cut off
    Emdom double AR mag pouch
    TAG admin panel
    HSGI mini EOD pouch with some admin stuff and mini blowout. Still figuring out what's going to suite my needs best for aid.
    Horrigan Fighter fixed blade with Blade-tech Molle clips
    Armor Express Triton III+ plates

Also:
    HSGI hippie panel w/
    Emdom 6o4 mag pouch
    Surefire Echo fixed blade with Blade-tech Molle clips
    Blade-tech WRS holster for TRP with TLR-1.

Not picture (doh!) is my preferred Ares Armor sling. I like the sliding mechanism alot more than my VTAC slings.
    Took a better photo tonight with this stuff on. Everything's still comfortable, especially with the Ares ranger belt holding things up.

The hippie panel with the Emdom 6o4 pouch and fixed blade, and whatever holster i've got on is my first line. The 6o4 pouch is nice because it covers me for whatever handgun I want to run. Then I just wear the appropriate handgun on the other side. Sometimes a CSM gear dump pouch is on the belt as well.

Still looking at getting a Mayflower APC and some different plates. We'll see.

Page 44 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast