Page 46 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
    For the guys with Mayflower's APC, for the Cummerbund sizing I'm about 5' 10" with a 40" Chest. Based on the sizing for cummerbunds on SKDtac I should be a small, just wanted to confirm this with some people cause I don't think I've seen a APC set up with a Small Cummerbund.
    Just to throw another opinion (based on my experience) out there. I have a 42" chest and use the S/M APC with Small CB. Based on what I've seen from myself and other guys who use the APC, if you are in the >40"ish range and are in decent/good shape, then either the Small or medium will work. It will just depend on what is acceptable coverage to you (meaning coverage of molle rows or soft/hard armor in the pouches)

For example:
    I run soft armor in my CB, and am more concerned with coverage to my front than to my back (duh, right ). With the small cumberbund, the edges of my soft armor (in the CB pockets) ever so slightly overlaps the hard armor in my front plate pocket. However, in the back, the molle part of the CB (also where the soft armor is held) stops about an inch or so from the rear plate pocket. So, yes, there is a gap, but I don't really mind it since it is minimal and I don't hunt bad guys for a living.

Also, if you are one of those "ounces=pounds" kind of guys, then going with the small CB will save a little weight, especially in conjunction with soft armor.

I think you would be fine with small, but medium should work too.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, huge help. I think I'll go with a small and then grab a Medium Cummerbund in the future should I see the added utility if I do end up using it over issued soft armour or cold weather gear.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

LE Load out

here is what I have for work.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Shell Back Tactical Combat Aggressor in Coyote
    Condor amdin pouch
    Condor double AR/pistol mag pouch in Coyote
    Leatherman MUT

TAG drop leg holster for my Sig 220 DE

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    North American Rescue Medic / Leg Rig Kit (CCRK) UCP

I am 5'9", 200 lbs with a 50" chest so I ordered the L/XL... its too big for me. It is loose fitting and the side straps don't allow for very much adjustment. The soft armor panels are from my XL IIIA point blank vest and there is still a lot of room left in there. I can't wear this with my duty belt because it is too long and sloppy.
    It is built well and seems tough enough but I am definitely going to get something nicer like a TYR PICO.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I can still manipulate my rifle and draw my pistol without the vest getting in the way.

The Condor stuff was cheap and will get replaced when I upgrade as well.

The TAG holster is OK but the thumb break is a PITA to operate and the quick release buckle had to be removed to get it high enough to work for me. This will get replaced with a Safariland rig to match my duty holster for better continuity.

The North American Rescue Medic / Leg Rig Kit is nice but it is too big to wear around very much. I got a great deal on it so I am giving it a try. I have basic first aid stuff in the admin pouch. I am an EMT so I always have my aid bag and oxygen in the vehicle.

As to why I chose what I did...
    Cost was a big factor, but mostly I needed something simple for soft armor and a few mags.
    I am a Back Country LE Ranger in SE Utah so I rarely wear body armor. I am either bouncing around the trails in a Jeep or hiking steep dangerous terrain. My vest is always in the Jeep just in case.
    I carry 2 PMAGS loaded w/ 77gr TAP for my Mini SASS, 2 8 round mags for my Sig and a leatherman MUT. I change out what I carry in the admin pouch depending on where I am going, IE xtra cuffs, maps, bullets, first aid and pens...

I chose coyote cause it works well out here... I prefer Multicam but they don't offer it in that pattern.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just posted this in the first line thread as well.
    Crye Precision Blast Belt, Tactical Tailor M4 pouches and the Blackhawk! Serpa gear. I know the Serpa stuff gets knocked a lot on the internet but truth me told it’s never failed me so I wont see replace it till I think I should. Small utility pouch in the back. Kept a VF-17 panel back there in Afghanistan and now I keep lube and other quick range stuff.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Can anyone comment that has owned both the Mayflower APC and the TAG Banshee?

Looking for pros/cons of each

First and foremost I am a civilian. This will be used for training classes primarily along with a second line battle belt(not sure which yet).

I'm a mid-light athletic build 5'11", 160lbs with a 38" chest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    Can anyone comment that has owned both the Mayflower APC and the TAG Banshee?

Looking for pros/cons of each

First and foremost I am a civilian. This will be used for training classes primarily along with a second line battle belt(not sure which yet).

I'm a mid-light athletic build 5'11", 160lbs with a 38" chest.
    Awhile back I was researching both very hard. I did not like the look of the banshee while in use. I believe they had a comparison video with the banshee. I went with the Mayflower and have not looked back.

Feedback Score
    http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....tecarrier.aspx

Watch the video on this page. After reading some of the negative feedback on the Banshee I found this video and made up my mind. Glad I went with the Mayflower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CENTCOM_Survivor View Post
    Yes, I have a PIG pre-production plate carrier with CPC IV plates for the really hot calls/active shooter/terrorist attack etc. It is pretty basic as I have a medical drop leg and a bandoleer with more mags if needed.
    Ive found for myself being fast is more beneficial to being loaded down with a bunch of stuff. At one point I had a Woosatch with like 8 mags, med kit, and tools but it was more a hindrance than a help. Fast is smooth and smooth is fast.
    Me like very much LOL!

Do you mind telling us what you specifically have there? I also noticed you posted your new "raid" vest. I would like to get something similar to that in black. Thank You.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    I used the same set of rubber bands for 9 months in Afghanistan with no problems. Eventually they did dry rot but not until I got back home. I got a few feet of shock cord from REI for a more permanent solution.
    something that works very well for me is I raided my wife's cosmetic drawer and stole a couple of of her elastic "ponytail" bands. these are shock-cord bands formed into an endless circle about 2.5" in diameter. they work the same as plain rubber bands but with the nylon sheath over the elastic I feel they are stronger and less susceptible to abrasion damage...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Well here is my setup... Its an ifinity tactical chest rig that holds 8 m4 mags....Its seen service in Both iraq and Afgan... My Safarialnd daily duty rig that I wear every day for work DOD Police...I like my LTL options that it holds... My m9 beretta and my colt m4 carbine with Acog ta-31gh and my eotech exps 3-3..

Like ra2bash stated I also use the elastic ponytail bands to hold my killflash on my ACOG Ta-31GH.... They work good come in more colors then black and u can get them anywhere...They also dont dry up like most rubber straps
    Last edited by Coughlin; 09-28-12 at 01:32.

Page 46 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast