HSGI Bleeder Med Pouch
    G-Code XST G17
    Condor Admin Pouch

Rifle:

BCM 14.5"
    Aimpoint H-1/LT 660
    Surefire G2 in a HSP Thorntail mount
    EMod Stock

So far this has served me well. I've ran it in a tactical match and several range trips. Still a work in progress, comments welcome.

Thanks,
    Grant
    Last edited by rak320; 11-06-12 at 18:20. Reason: Forgot the gun
    " Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, you might meet'em both if you show up here not welcome son.." -Josh Thompson

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msap View Post
    I use this set up for active shooter, high risk entries as well as high risk gun calls. I also run this set up for high risk narco warrants. I used to run a Paraclete RBAV, then went to the Eagle PC for better mobility. I've recently switched to PIG PC but my load out has been the same for a while now and it seems to work well for most situations.

*Plate carrier* is the PIG from SKD. I switched from the Eagle PC to the PIG and I couldn't be happier. The differences appear subtle but make huge difference IMHO. There's been enough talk of the PIG so there's no reason to get into all the details.

*Pouches* I've tried to keep my gear gear simple as well as keeping the weight to a minimum. No fluff. I use 2 Paraclete M4 pouches. They are light weight and can be placed on the vest independently of eachother. I also use Paraclete double M4 pouch. I only run one mag in it but I wanted the availability of throwing 1 extra on there if the situation required it. The med pouch is by Eagle. I've moved it around several times but I prefer it on my support side about 10 o'clock. I can reach it with both hands and it doesn't interfere there.

I also carry a Strider DB, behind my mags. It serves as a cutting/pry tool. I also carry a small Pentagon LED light.

I keep my strong side slick so there's no interference with my pistol draw. I also keep the back slick. Nothing to put there and it makes riding in a vehicle much easier.

The PIG is great because it rides real high. I can easily wear my gun belt, along with the PIG, with no issues at all. No need for drop leg holsters etc.

In order to keep things simple, I keep my pistol mags, radio, cuffs, hand held light and radio on my gun belt. If need be I can throw cuffs or pistol mags in one of the kangaroo pouches on the PC.

I think that about covers it. Thanks for looking
    Almost forgot…I run AMI Tac3s plates front and back. I chose these particular plates because durability, no need for X-ray and the level III protection that DocGKR so graciously documented.
    Nice setup. If I ever have a reason to get a full armor load out, I think it would be the PIG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffu View Post

Ares Gear Ranger Belt
    Griffon Industries Kydex holster / Mag Carrier / Light Carrier

Strider DB Tanto
    Nighthawk 10-8 Enforcer
    Wilson Combat 47D
    Surefire E2DL
    Nice and simple. I like it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've updated my gear, replaced the Tactical Tailor shingle with three TACOs, took the admin pouch off and put it on the back of the Ares Armor combat pack, along with a canteen/ utility pouch.

I also replaced the original cummerbund with the FirstSpear tubes retro-fit c-bund and added Velocity System's soft armor inserts for both the c-bund and the carrier itself.

I currently have the pack attached directly to the PC but I may go back to the shoulder straps after I put more time in the system with all the gear.

All I have left to add to the PC as far as I can tell is a pouch for an MBITR and possibly an IFAK but I might put that on the battle belt once it shows up along with the new pistol holster.

Purpose of the gear is combat, JFO certified FO going to the Stan on an SFAAT, probably be a gunner in one of the MRAPs, hoping to get SDM school before the deployment as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    ...what's with the pink on the inside?
    They all come that way from the factory...
    Last edited by UrbanRunner; 11-23-12 at 21:29.
    "God is good, but never dance in a small boat."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not sure if I have posted this or not but here is my duty rig mainly used for active shooters and high risk warrants.

It is an Ares Atalanta Light in ATACS camo. My current loadout is

4 PMAGS loaded with 64 Gr Gold Dots
    TAG double pistol mag pouch for Glock 22 loaded with Bonded Ranger
    OTIS M4 Cleaning kit; HSGI Bleeder pouch w/ CAT, Quikclot, etc.
    An old frag grenade pouch I use for 2 pairs of handcuffs
    Folder is a Cold Steel Recon 1; Gloves are Oakley Assault Gloves; Rifle is a DDM4v5 with Aimpoint PRO, Magpul MBUS, Padded VCAS sling and Streamlight TLR1s. Sidearms are Glock 22 and SW 642. Finally an ASP 26" baton.
    OIF 2003-2004
    Deputy Sheriff/Private Investigator

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Some updates…a lot of this gets cross walked to work and deployments, but mainly sees use in training...

The pile:

The PC:
    I keep coming back to the LBT 6094, I know there are lighter and faster out there and have tried a couple, but there’s something about this PC that speaks to bomb proof:
    - LBT 6094
    - First Spear 6/12 cummerbund (makes this PC side opening and just about perfect)
    - Front:
    o ATS triple shingle
    o Homemade TQ holder
    o 4:1 Consulting TQ carrier up top
    o Old RAT 3 stuffed in kangaroo pouch, held in place with Velcro
    - Back:
    o BFG Ten Speed double pouch (for whatever)
    o VIPR strobe/vis light
    - Cummerbund:
    o ATS Small IFAK (I’ve been using this model for work and training for approx. five years now, stuffed with: chest seal, decomp needle, airway, S-rolled gauze, Izzy, gloves/tape, Sharpie)
    o Eagle FB single pistol (empty)
    - Armor: Ceradyne LVL III triple curve with CAT backers

The Belt:
    VTAC Brokos with 215 riggers underneath…I like the versatility of being able to use MOLLE and belt mounted accessories:
    - Double Eagle FB pistol
    - Single FB rifle
    - EAG dumper
    - HSGI bleeder (combat gauze, Izzy, shears)
    - Safariland ALS covered with the MC patch kits from my last RFI, works for G19/G17 w/ X300
    - HSGI pouch with OLD Leatherman

The Blaster:
    G17, stippled/reduced by AK, X300, Vickers stuff, unknown magwell, LW threaded barrel, Warren sights…has the best trigger job available, shot the shit out of it and it smoothed right up (albeit not the most ACCURATE shooting), but this is the pistol I shoot the most:

The Rifle:
    Oldest and most used/rebuilt rifle that’s been on here a bunch since I’ve been a member here…updates include BCM MOD 1 grip, SF 60 rounders (building a collection) and PEQ

The Head:
    Gunfighter that actually fits my melon head…after making do with a MED, finally got a LG…pending receipt of MSA rails…Peltors and M2s…

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JEHalloranIV View Post

The PC:
    I keep coming back to the LBT 6094, I know there are lighter and faster out there and have tried a couple, but there’s something about this PC that speaks to bomb proof:
    - LBT 6094
    - First Spear 6/12 cummerbund (makes this PC side opening and just about perfect)
    FML, just when I thought I was done buying kit for awhile you had to post that shit. The only thing I don't like about my 6094 is fighting the front flap/cummerbund taking it on and off, and now for $150 I can fix that in a bombproof and simple solution. You suck.

Anyone know where I can find the best deal on these now?
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Believe it or not...US Cav has them, usually in stock and fast shipping...AND they take Paypal...try OPTactical as well...their customer service is top notch...

Currahee...

Page 48 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast