Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Centcom, question for you.

Did you consider an armored solution? I am asking because I assume you have your soft armor in uniform, and wonder if a simple plate carrier (and plates) with mags and/or other gear attached wouldn't be a good option for uniform cops? I ask because I get questions like this from time to time and despite my telling these guys that it's not my place to advise on such things they still ask. I generally answer "plate carrier, plates, some pouches" because I know a few cops that go this route, and I was curious what made you choose a non-armored solution.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Centcom, question for you.

Did you consider an armored solution?
    Yes, I have a PIG pre-production plate carrier with CPC IV plates for the really hot calls/active shooter/terrorist attack etc. It is pretty basic as I have a medical drop leg and a bandoleer with more mags if needed.
    Ive found for myself being fast is more beneficial to being loaded down with a bunch of stuff. At one point I had a Woosatch with like 8 mags, med kit, and tools but it was more a hindrance than a help. Fast is smooth and smooth is fast.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We have a fed LE guy that shoots with us and he has a very minimal plate carrier with only a couple of pouches on it that he can throw over his concealment armor. He runs it very well.

Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineSIERRA View Post
    no officer should carry or needs to carry more than one mag in the gun and 2 or 3 spare
    Bad, bad, bad, idea. What possible reason for limiting them could you have?

ET:

I am, however, glad you asked the question and we're now having this discussion. This thread is supposed to be pictures AND descriptions to include applications, rationale, and solutions, not simply a picture thread.
    Last edited by rob_s; 05-23-10 at 08:08.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CENTCOM_Survivor View Post
    I keep those two open so I can stuff extra gear/paperwork/etc in them if needed.
    The great thing about this rig is its very versatile. In fact I use it in plain clothes to carry my radio, G30 with two G21 mags, and Izzy bandage. If you can stuff it in there its going to hold.
    It will fit over my PIG plate carrier w/plates with no problem, but I chose to just run the TACOs on the vest. I'm 600 and 230 so it has plenty of room.
    Thanks, it is a good looking rig and priced right.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score

my plate carrier and rifle

Hello guys heres my plate carrier and m4 rifle............
    Last edited by spencertactical.com; 05-24-10 at 01:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    do those Eagle Bandoleer fit stacked pmags well? Ive had a couple experiences where something I bought didnt fit 2 stacked pmags.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    do those Eagle Bandoleer fit stacked pmags well? Ive had a couple experiences where something I bought didnt fit 2 stacked pmags.
    Yes it does. Metal mags fit with the slip on rubbe mag pull bottoms, it would be tight with pmags. I will send you a photo.

Eagle Closed & Open With 4 PMags Each

I forgot about this little guy. It is in my gun case with my M4 I have a 20round mag in my gun, it will not fit in my case with a 30. I bought the kydex mag holder from Chris Patty of www.CPWSA.com Chris had never sold one for a 2 1/4" duty belt they made it up for me and it rocks. Nice and snug no flop and pops on and off easily.

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-24-10 at 10:19. Reason: add photos
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Guys, this is a gear thread. If you want to continue the conversation, it needs to go elsewhere. I can drag and drop the conversation if wanted, if not it is going to disappear.
    I think it would be a good idea to move some of the conversation. It is good info but in the wrong place. I'd hate to see OP's thread get locked because it's been hijacked.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to move some of the conversation. It is good info but in the wrong place. I'd hate to see OP's thread get locked because it's been hijacked.
    For anyone participating in or following the conversation on how many mags a LEO should have, you can find it here:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...379#post663379
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast