Page 50 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenB View Post
    No problem, I'm 5'10" 160lbs. I think the Banshee is great for people like you or me who aren't built like Thor because it can be adjusted to ride high, and it has a very minimalist profile.
    You know, I still cant decide which one to choose from between the pig or banshee. Am 5'7 about 180. So u think banshee will be better on this height than pig? Also there is a huge price difference.
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    What about your height/weight are you trying to determine if a setup like his will work for you? I'm in the same ballpark as you as far as height/weight goes, so I may be able to help.
    Thanks Ironman8,

As to the height/weight, do you ever have to worry about what you are wearing on your chest and around your hips coming in contact or catching? I will have to do a search on your posts and see exactly what you are using. I used to know how to set up all my old dirtbike racing gear but I doubt a kidney belt and chest protector will do me much good here... LOL.

I am trying to figure out what would be the best path for me to take to start acquiring some of my first gear. I have read many threads here including the one on first line belts and discussions on PC vs. Chest Rig. After changing my mind a few times I was thinking a set up similar to Heyden8's would work for me. His seems pretty simple and I am trying to keep it pretty steam lined as I start out.

I think my end goal is to have something I can use when I go to the shooting range and for taking classes.

Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    You know, I still cant decide which one to choose from between the pig or banshee. Am 5'7 about 180. So u think banshee will be better on this height than pig? Also there is a huge price difference.
    I don't have any experience with the PIG, so I cant speak definitively about which would work better for you, but all the research I've done would lead me to the conclusion that the Banshee would be better for most people who are < 6' or just want a more streamlined PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1RV4jN2UAU This video might help in your decision.
    Last edited by HaydenB; 12-04-12 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenB View Post
    I don't have any experience with the PIG, so I cant speak definitively about which would work better for you, but all the research I've done would lead me to the conclusion that the Banshee would be better for most people who are < 6' or just want a more streamlined PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1RV4jN2UAU This video might help in your decision.
    Thank you I will check it out. I just want to make sure it sits high on my chest

EDIT: Very nice video, I think I will go the banshee way and save some money.
    Last edited by mikelowrey; 12-04-12 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by wayne1one; 01-06-13 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne1one View Post
    Nice set up!

What holster is that & how does it attach to the belt?

Feedback Score
    Its a Bravo Concealment holster & its attached using Bawidamann Pals

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    I am about 5'9" 1/2 barefoot and 5'10" or so in shoes/boots and weigh 175. I have owned both the pig and banshee. Both fit excellant with some adjustment but the pig is slightly longer, so if you are looking for a smaller set up go banshee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    I am about 5'9" 1/2 barefoot and 5'10" or so in shoes/boots and weigh 175. I have owned both the pig and banshee. Both fit excellant with some adjustment but the pig is slightly longer, so if you are looking for a smaller set up go banshee.
    Nice Endur!, thank you for that.
    I think definitely will be the banshee, like I said before the price Is awesome. I have to finish the list of components that will go together. Would like to buy it everything in one shot.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msap View Post
    I use this set up for active shooter, high risk entries as well as high risk gun calls. I also run this set up for high risk narco warrants. I used to run a Paraclete RBAV, then went to the Eagle PC for better mobility. I've recently switched to PIG PC but my load out has been the same for a while now and it seems to work well for most situations.

*Plate carrier* is the PIG from SKD. I switched from the Eagle PC to the PIG and I couldn't be happier. The differences appear subtle but make huge difference IMHO. There's been enough talk of the PIG so there's no reason to get into all the details.

*Pouches* I've tried to keep my gear gear simple as well as keeping the weight to a minimum. No fluff. I use 2 Paraclete M4 pouches. They are light weight and can be placed on the vest independently of eachother. I also use Paraclete double M4 pouch. I only run one mag in it but I wanted the availability of throwing 1 extra on there if the situation required it. The med pouch is by Eagle. I've moved it around several times but I prefer it on my support side about 10 o'clock. I can reach it with both hands and it doesn't interfere there.

I also carry a Strider DB, behind my mags. It serves as a cutting/pry tool. I also carry a small Pentagon LED light.

I keep my strong side slick so there's no interference with my pistol draw. I also keep the back slick. Nothing to put there and it makes riding in a vehicle much easier.

The PIG is great because it rides real high. I can easily wear my gun belt, along with the PIG, with no issues at all. No need for drop leg holsters etc.

In order to keep things simple, I keep my pistol mags, radio, cuffs, hand held light and radio on my gun belt. If need be I can throw cuffs or pistol mags in one of the kangaroo pouches on the PC.

I think that about covers it. Thanks for looking
    Almost forgot…I run AMI Tac3s plates front and back. I chose these particular plates because durability, no need for X-ray and the level III protection that DocGKR so graciously documented.
    [IMG]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee462/sap169/A5C68860-D033-4412-A111-820F40B99CD4-4459-00000AA2C2EFFB9E.jpg[IMG]

Do you run soft armor underneath? The lack of full coverage running front and back hard plates alone is the only thing that concerns. I like this setup, and I want something very similar for duty. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by BigLarge; 12-08-12 at 22:09.

Page 50 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast