Page 54 of 131 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BC520 View Post
    I have a CAT on my rifle stock, and another in the belt IFAK, one in the PC IFAK, and one in the pants I wear. If I have a firearm on me, a CAT is nearby.
    Nice. You can never have too many cats...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This is my first setup, i have lurked these boards for a while seeing things i liked and things i wanted to avoid. There is always room for tweaking and im sure i will eventually find things i dont like or things i need to add.

Here is my whole setup together

Rifle was originally a Windham Weaponry MPC
    I have pretty much changed everything other than the Barrel, BCG and the actual Receiver shells.

I also Painted most of the parts with Alumahyde II Coyote

I will list the aftermarket parts

PWSFSC556 compensator
    MidWest Ind. Gen 2 Two Piece FF 10in.
    Mbus front sight M4
    Gear sector HK sling loop
    TLR-1
    Troy Ind Modular Combat grip
    Aimpoint Comp M3, 2moa in a larue LT150 QD
    Magpul BAD lever
    Magpul Enhanced Trigger gaurd
    Geissele SSA-E trigger
    Defense Package Ambi Safety selector
    Troy Rear flip up sight M4
    Magpul MIAD grip
    BCM gunfighter MOD 4
    Magpul ASAP
    Magpul STR - Milspec

Sling is a VCAS that i have modded a little to fit what i wanted. It functions as a 1 or 2 point sling

My PC - SKD PIG PC

Top to bottom, left to right

Tactical Tailor fight light admin pouch enhanced - Very awesome admin pouch. Plenty of room and storage. Easy to keep organized
    Strike platform with Serpa quick disconect - (Rarely ever use this, only if im in a vehichle or some situation where a drop leg rig is a bad idea)
    ATS Small Upright GP Pouch - Holding spare mags as of now. Can use to store number of different items.
    3x HSGI Tacos
    Tourniquet strap just to the right of the Tacos but its not visible in this pic.

HSGI Sure Grip Padded Belt W/ Cobra Belt (A-TACS)

1x Dbl decker TACO
    1x X2R Taco
    NC Star roll up dump pouch
    ATS Medical pouch - SMALL (IFAK)
    1x Dbl decker TACO
    HSGI Mini modular drop leg platform
    Strike Platform with Serpa QD system
    ESEE 6

Would love your feedback. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckimball09 View Post

Rifle was originally a Windham Weaponry MPC
    I have pretty much changed everything other than the Barrel, BCG and the actual Receiver shells.
    2 things. I am far from an expert but you have sunk a lot of money into your WW rifle. First, change out the BCG and use yours as a back up. At a bare minimum change out the bolt. If your a total cheap ass, get the BCM extractor upgrade. It's the life of the gun and i wouldnt trust a windham weaponry bolt.

Second, ditch the SERPA. They suck really bad. I used to have one and ditched it quick. Do a search here to find out why. Every single top instructor ether shits all over them or outright bans them from their classes! Sell it and get a Safariland ALG or a 5.11 thumbdrive if you want a similar push button retention holster.
    Last edited by NeoNeanderthal; 01-24-13 at 18:15. Reason: mispellings, woops
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    2 things. I am far from an expert but you have sunk a lot of money into your WW rifle. First, change out the BCG and use yours as a back up. At a bare minimum change out the bolt. If your a total cheap ass, get the BCM extractor upgrade. It's the life of the gun and i wouldnt trust a windham weaponry bolt.

Second, ditch the SERPA. They suck really bad. I used to have one and ditched it quick. Do a search here to find out why. Every single top instructor ether shits all over them or outright bans them from their classes! Sell it and get a Safariland ALG or a 5.11 thumbdrive if you want a similar push button retention holster.

Thank you for those suggestions, and yes.. i went the long and expensive route... Instead of buying a top notch rifle out of the box, i bought a basic one and have put quite a bit of $$ into making it what i really wanted. But i had never owned an AR before and actually enjoyed putting in the work. I did it all myself and learned a lot along the way.

The pistol is a Ruger sr9c. it is my EDC in a crossbreed ST. The serpa is for a SR9 i used to own. What i really want to do is get it Glock 17 but cant afford it right now. I dont really care for the serpa now that i have used it quite a bit, but its what i got and i dont want to buy another holster for a gun i will only be carrying concealed after i get my G17. If i do decide to get one, i will check out those suggestions though.

And to add on the WW BCG, i agree its not BCM quality im sure. But it seems to be pretty decent, the rifle eats every type of ammo i have thrown at it. Only malfunctions i have had have been due to the combo of both being dirty/cheap russian ammo. I am going to start a piggy bank for a BCM BCG asap though.
    Last edited by ckimball09; 01-24-13 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, knowing that i'd do the same thing as your doing as far as the ruger and the serpa. Bite the bullet until you can afford the glock, and then get a better holster for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Actually just looked, and i cant see to find very many good OWB options for the SR9c

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420ollie View Post
    I don't have a problem with the pistol pouches on the rifle tacos and the flashlight works where is at for my support hand. The pouches are mounted in just the right places for me. I didn't get to mount the CAT TQ on the belt like I stated. I don't have any magpul baggies to try. I'll give that a try because everything does roll out.
    I understand. I just have a natural abhorrence for anything of similar size and shape near my pistol mags. I've seen and heard lots of stories of folks trying to stuff a light into their magwell under pressure but it looks like the way you have them mounted on top of the rifle mags, this may not be an issue - hard to tell from pics...

and my saying to move the mags was only to keep the profile of the belt as flat as possible. my HSGI already makes me a bit tubby and double stacking things would make that worse. if that matters or not is completely up to you, I just made the suggestion as I don't see any penalty to having the rifle mags a bit further around...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I have a 29" waist so I have to stack everything I can to maximize the space I have. If not them I'm reaching around wiping my ass trying to grab a rifle mag from the middle of my back. Ymmv.
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenB View Post
    Over all I'm 100% more happy with my loadout post changes.

From left to right on the belt: pistol KYWI x2, shorty AR KYWI x2, trauma kit, Trojan Tactical holster, Letherman MUT.

@Hayden- With those KWI M4 pouches on the 1st line, how's the extraction w/a carrier? Any issues? I have a similar item (fastmag) on mine but have yet to need to use a rifle mag from there. Curious.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven756 View Post
    @Hayden- With those KWI M4 pouches on the 1st line, how's the extraction w/a carrier? Any issues? I have a similar item (fastmag) on mine but have yet to need to use a rifle mag from there. Curious.
    No problem so far, but I also don't have anything on my cummerbund.

Page 54 of 131 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast