Page 57 of 131 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score

Re: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Iotv helps against shrapnel. It does nothing for blasts themselves. IEDs don't care what armor you are wearing at all.
    Yes, that is what I meant, sorry. Obviously wearing an IOTV isn't going to absorb blast pressure, I worded my statement incorrectly.

As much as I prefer rocking a PC over an at armor carrier, there are times when the extra frag protection is worth the bulk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    Ok, let's try this again... the IOTV is NOT a plate carrier. It's an armor carrier. Plate carriers are designed to carry plates, sometimes side plates, and that's it. It's to be more lightweight and maneuverable. The Banshee IS a plate carrier. One of the benefits of a plate carrier is that you can wear a war belt, keep you kit fairly slick while still having access to mags, secondary weapons, IFAK, etc etc...

Calling an IOTV a plate carrier because it carries plates is like calling a Glock a Luger because it shoots 9mm Luger.
    Sorry. re reading the first few posts i was involved in cleared up the confusion. Thank you for clarifying.

I tried on my buddys Pig and its super simple and comfy. I definitely agree when you guys mention The true benefits of plate carriers.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I ****ing hated the IOTV with a god damn passion. I would take a plate carrier over an armor carrier any day of the week. In regards to EFP's and IED's, if it is strong enough to go straight through the reactive armor and the regular armor of a vehicle, that IOTV is not going to stop shit. They were a little late with the introduction of the IOTV, it might have made a difference when the vehicles were still soft-shells but not now.

Thread back on topic.. time now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think it should be the individual soldier's choice what body armor he/she wears.

We were issued both plate carriers and IOTV's, our BN SGM decided that since we were mounted 99% of the time we had no need for the plate carriers and if you were in the turret the DAPS had to be on. ****ing Clownshoes is right, a dude who only left BAF in an aircraft deciding what's necessary for guys who spend a majority of their time outside the wire.
    OEF X-XI

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by msap View Post
    Updated loadout

I switched over to the LBT 6094B. I ditched the PIG in favor of this set up. I'm running this as a true PC with front/back plates as well as 6x6 side plates. IIIa concealable armor underneath. I love the LBT cummerbund…very little need for extra pouches. 24lbs and that's with AMI Tac3s plates which are kinda heavy.
    I have been looking at the 6094 's a lot. I am also looking at the PIG. Was the cummerbund what sold you on the 6094 over the pig?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

HD and training rig

I changed from the EGL Loppy dump puch to the Emdom one. I also changed from the smoke green BOK to a multicam one. i also added suspenders.

Live FREE don't DIE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdbl14 View Post
    I have been looking at the 6094 's a lot. I am also looking at the PIG. Was the cummerbund what sold you on the 6094 over the pig?
    Pretty much yes. The PIG is awesome, don't get me wrong. But for my use, I always have IIIa on and I wanted to run side plates. I tried it with the PIG, however you have to use external side plate pouches. It was too bulky for me.

The other thing I didn't like about the PIG was the thick foam padding behind the plates. Yes, you can remove it but it made the PC a little saggy in places. The 6094has real thin padding behind the plates. Overall, the 6094 is a slimmer design for me.
    Last edited by msap; 03-13-13 at 07:30.

Feedback Score

I think it's done: Vest and Belt

The vest is heavy, especially if I put the additional 4 magazines on it. To be honest, it really gets little or no use, it is more of a Erector set project:
    CONDOR DFPC; Ceramic plates front and rear backed by level II Kevlar.
    Surefire Helmet light molle adapter
    Admin Pouch
    2 double stack M4 pouches
    Leatherman MUT
    Additional Pocket pouch; mostly carries bits and pieces to repair molle gear
    Shotgun Shell Pouch
    CONDOR, Hydration on back

CONDOR MOLLE Belt
    Belt goes to the range a lot!
    TAG inner belt
    CONDOR Pistol Mag pouches which work well for my SureFire Flashlight!
    VooDoo M4 and Drop Pouches
    Safariland DropLeg
    SIG P226 w/Surefire Weapon Light
    Cold Steel knife (way Too Big, but OK for now.

Other than upgrading to Higher End gear, and stiffening the belt up with some PTFE sheet, I'm real pleased with this.

I hope it is thought provoking
    CRPA and NRA Life member
    GLOCK Armorer, Remington 870 Armorer, Mossberg 5xx Armorer, 1911 Armorer, M16/AR15 Armorer, Tactical First Aid Primary Responder
    NRA Range Safety Officer, Certified Pistol, Shotgun and Rifle Instructor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

"I Don't Always Speak in Tongues & Thrash My Body Wildly"

but I do when I install HSGI Taco mag pouches...

"Love the pouch, not the install"

YUT:

Last edited by Gargoyle; 03-14-13 at 14:01.
    KISS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Carrier.

Shellback banshee in multicam
    Shellback side sapi pouches
    Firstspear shoulder pads
    Esapis, medium front and large rear, with enhanced side plates
    Triple kywi pouch
    Shorty kywi 1 rifle+2 pistol pouch
    Its tactical eta pouch with kit, shears tucked behind it
    Soft-w tourniquet
    IR patches
    Also have a bfg double ten speed on the back for extra mags, bandages, or whatever I can stuff in there if needed

Belt line.

Spec-ops riggers belt
    Glock 17 gen 4 w/ surefire x300 in griffon industries glock+light holster
    Crkt hissatsu
    Pistol reload

I have a tt fightlight battle belt+cobra all set up but it's too bulky to wear with the PC so its on closet duty.

Rifle.

Page 57 of 131 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast