Page 96 of 131 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    Well, 2 unless you count the little Spyderco and the multi-tool.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    jeez dude, what is that, 9 pistol mags? 9 rifle mags?

have you worn all that stuff for more than 30 minutes?

i'd lose all the obnoxious pistol mags, keep a regular reload or two on the belt, and trim down to 4 mags or so on the chest and one on the belt

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    What's it all weigh, including your plate carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilmutt View Post
    SHTF Load Out

This is my gear set up currently for SHTF scenarios. It starts with a chest rig worn over a plate carrier and finishes with a battle belt.
    The chest rig is the ESSTAC LLB. I selected it due to reputation and features, such as modular internal magazine slots (3 rifle and 6 smg on mine) plus hydration pocket and plenty of MOLLE.
    It has a combination of ESSTAC and HSGI Tacos as well as an HSGI Blow out Medical pouch and a Specter gear PriMac mag pouch.
    My plate carrier isn't pictured. I recently upgraded to XL ESAPI plates and they don't fit. Researching a replacement now.
    The Battle Belt is HSGI. It's still under development. The inner belt is condor but going to be replaced with an HSGI Riggers belt.
    There are 4 Specter gear pistol pouches, Busse Hell Razor in a Spec Ops sheath, Maxpedition dump pouch, HSGI drop leg holster with the G-Code SOC inserted, tactical tailor multi tool pouch, and a horizontal condor pistol pouch. The drop leg has an HSGI pistol pouch and a CRKT First Strike.
    The belt configuration will change. I'm adding a left side drop leg mag pouch as well as replacing/adding the pistol pouches and 2 rifle pouches with HSGI Tacos. There will also be an ITS IFAK, not sure which yet.

Some of the Condor/Specter gear I bought because it's a great value for the money and allowed me to train while I saved for better gear.

Attachment 30503
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    It's not light. LOL but it's very managable. It's in the 30ish pound range. I havent weighed it recently. I wear 30lbs of gear on the job already so it's not anything new to me. I also train with the full load as often as possible. My set up for SHTF isn't things go bad for a week. It's things go bad and I have no house to return to. What you carry is all you've got. However, because i've set it in a modular fashion, I can limit what I wear if I need to be more mobile.

Feedback Score
    Shrewd,

Yes, I've worn it for extended periods and several long hikes of 5 to 9 miles. The load you describe implies going out on a mission. Not the SHTF scenarios I train for. My load out is designed about not having any chance of immediate resupply. What you have is all you've got. 4 mags won't cut it.

My final load with be 13 rifle mags, 7- 30rd 9mm mags, and 12 pistol mags. I expect to have several spares in my pack as well.

While that might seem heavy and cumbersome, it's not terrible, depending on how healthy you are. I wear 30lb and gear and armor at work everyday already. I don't intend to be doing lots of CQB and assaults. It's more stealth and defensive.

That 4 mags on a plate carrier is for short missions and a base of operations. I'm counting on neither.

But I appreciate the input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If stealth is the goal, why not run slick with a few belt pouches and a shingle of rifle mags on the chest and all the other spares kept in a ruck?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    12 pistol mags? I'd rather use that room for more rifle mags. Or in your case with the end of the world scenario you describe, more food, water and gear to protect you from the elements. It will be more about survival than fighting. Look into less loaded mags and more packaged ammo in the pack. You won't be going through 13 rifle mags and 12 pistol mags in one engagement without any sort of lul in fighting. The biggest badass in the world won't survive that shit on there own. Especially without grenades, machine guns and air strikes.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    All reasonable suggestions.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    No real need for that many pistol mags. Keep them on the belt and ditch the ones on your rig. If you want more ammo add some more rifle mags. No need to shoot a pistol if you have a rifle on you.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    This is probably going to sound harsh but it's coming from a good place-

If you're defending your home, you'll have plenty of places to stash extra mags, same with your vehicle- if you're on foot you should be avoiding / breaking contact not single highhandedly trying to fight the Roman hoards. And 4 knives?! A multitool I understand, but sweet Jesus that's way overkill. 6-10 rifle mags, 2-3 pistol mags, IFAK, multitool, and if you're really that proud of your Totin' Chip- MAYBE a small fixed blade. Just because you can carry all that crap, doesn't mean you should. My kit weights a little over 33lbs fully loaded... but that includes 4 ceramic plates (2 ESAPI & 2 MSAP). Keep things simple and before you throw it on your kit, think about if you REALLY need it. If not leave it. Remember, keep it simple.

Here's a lightweight (training) kit I just put together for work. (sorry for the crappy cell pic)

Eagle RRV (Comfy, durable, and has enough space for what I need)
    Tac Tailor E&E Pouch (Awesome Admin pouch, everything from 9 line cards to ear pro to Chemlite buzzsaw)
    USGI Canteen Pouch (NODs & pockets for spare batteries and lube)
    FireForce Double Mag Pouch (Mags or Smoke Grenade)
    Eagle Triple Shingle Mag Pouch
    Eagle IMBITR Pouch
    HSGI Blowout Pouch (IFAK)
    Eagle Frag Pouch (For Frag or Compass)
    Last edited by kaltesherz; 12-19-14 at 16:10.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Page 96 of 131 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast