Page 98 of 131 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear loadout pics and descriptions

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilmutt View Post
    That was the longest post I've ever read. LOL I do appreciate the various advice. I think some of what I said was over looked though. My gear is set up for 4 different weapons. My pistol, a 9mm SBR, a shotgun and my AR. Ideally not all at once. I'm not made of cash so my rig reflects maximizing what I can. It does allow me to readily configure for the different platforms. I just don't fill the unneeded mag pouches. The belt is finished now. There is a proper riggers belt, suspenders, and ITS IFAK, and a total of 4 pistol mags on my belt with 2 rifle. I like the dump pouch I have btw. I also added my survival kit which wasn't added in that picture. It contains my compass, fire, water, shelter etc. As far as taking a crap, with the suspenders on, it's just a matter of popping all three buckles and having a seat. LOL
    I did add an older HSGI mag carrier drop leg. I have a decent 3 day pack and an Eberlestock Skycrane on order.

Believe it or not, I train with all that gear, either just the belt, chest rig or both. Usually with a partial ammo load. I've taken to using my Battle belt the most. I'm waiting on a new plate carrier that better fits my plates. I got an excellent deal on the XL plates and I don;t mind the extra coverage.

Thanks for the feedback.
    I should have warned you to get a sandwich and a drink before starting.

Again, was just trying to be helpful with it, with some of my own opinions/outlook of gear over the last few years.
    Unfortunately I'm used to dealing with people that know very little about gear, or setting up same, so I go a little "mind-dump" some times.
    Especially when I see guys' with "all ammo" loadouts- usually that's a big red flag that they haven't thought things through completely- you know, like the doomsday prepper/ zombeeeeslayerrrrrr crowd....
    So, my bad if you found any of that insulting.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 02-06-15 at 19:34.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I don't keep much on my belt line. Just a few mags and a pistol. The ares gear belt I've been using was definitely doing the job, I just hated having to thread the belt and holsters etc etc. I wanted a faster option that remained lightweight and slim. Went with the volund gear micro belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Derek, Volund makes some awesome belts. Great minds you know. My daily use belt is a Volund and I was able to put together the right combination of colors that it's pretty low vis in line at the grocery store or in patrol gear.

I need to take a few minutes to get a few pics. My ex took the camera, I kept the dog. But with my focus being enough med gear for a fire team and comms, my belt looks far less comfortable.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You guys running the D3CR's, what are you cramming into the GP pouches medial wise? I can't get much more than a 4" Izzy in mine which is why I'm looking for an alternative.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    I don't keep much on my belt line. Just a few mags and a pistol. The ares gear belt I've been using was definitely doing the job, I just hated having to thread the belt and holsters etc etc. I wanted a faster option that remained lightweight and slim. Went with the volund gear micro belt.

Do you find the TACO's (or other MOLLE-attached pouches) to be stable on that? I like the idea of a micro battle belt, but am not sure how much stability it sacrifices versus a full-size battle belt, like the HSGI SureGrip, which has 3 rows of standard size MOLLE webbing.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Digging the micro belt. Does anyone know if its to thick to run a safariland UBL adapter?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The tacos are super snug. I attribute a lot to that tho the stiching of the belt. Very precise, sturdy, and the webbing is tight. They were a huuuuuuuuuge pain in the ass to get on there be it how tight they are.

I imagine you can get it through a UBL. Worst case I'd imagine a minor amount of dremel work will do the trick.

Feedback Score
    I'm interested in this as well. I was debating on getting the ATS Low Profile Medical Insert and putting that into the 'stuff-it' pouch. Has anyone found away to organize the GP pouches more then just stuffing everything in them.

Edit: Meant to quote the post about the D3CR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Digging the micro belt. Does anyone know if its to thick to run a safariland UBL adapter?
    Me too. I really like the support and flexibility it has. I'll check them out.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    One of my guys just got one. Very very tight. Two strong guys made it happen. It looks a little bulged (the belt paddle) that is. This is a 6000 series duty style paddle.

Page 98 of 131 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast