Thread: Microtech Combat Troodon

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Microtech Combat Troodon

What are you thoughts on it? I've been lusting for one quite a while to use for work. We're allowed to carry and use auto knives here in Texas (MIL/LE; defense to prosecution).

Why I like it.
    1. Switch placement
    2. Reversible pocket clip for support/weak side carry (at least it seems like you can)
    3. Size

The CT seems like an overall robust tool.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm not much of a knife reviewer but I received my Combat Troodon this afternoon.
    It's pretty damn beefy and has some heft to it. The blade is made from S30V and locks up pretty nicely once fired. The pocket clip was reversible like I hoped. I have it set up for left side carry.

I'm surprised I got one that read "10/2009". Factory fresh! I bought it from notyourmamasknives.com I was pretty skeptical of the store since I never heard of them before. I've been out of the knife shopping loop. Luckily they are located in Texas and within a few hours drive north from me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I fondled that exact model Troodon at the gun show this past weekend. The prices are way down. They only wanted $325. I resisted as I have more gun purchases pending. Great knife.

I really like the LUDT that was discontinued but I wont pay $265 which is what I'm seeing them for.

Microtech is my favorite auto opener.