Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 vs BMC vs DD all things equal

Feedback Score

Colt 6920 vs BMC vs DD all things equal

Well price are dropping on ARs and arent showing any signs of letting up soon. Prices for a Colt that were out of this world a few months ago are now getting reasonable. Ive hears stories about $1100 6920, although I havent seen any, I have seen plenty for 12-1300. Heres my question Given all 3 guns are the same price what would you choose? Colt, BCM or DD.
    Is it a coin flip? I look on the AR list and Colt and BCM all the same "features", I think DD does also but they are not on the list. Colt had the detachable handle for irons and BCM has Troy sights, correct? Most likely I would have some sort of optic on the gun, but I will also use the irons Do you choose Colt based on the name and potential resale value, does that even matter?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There have been at least 10 threads on these same 3 guns over the past month or so.

The general consensus I believe has been that all 3 are basically identical guns with small difference(sights, rail on the DD, and maybe some other small things). All three are GTG and all 3 are full mil-spec. All three also have excellent customer service.

DD has a $250 gift card offer right now so you could look at the DDXV for around 1000 and get yourself an Omega rail for basically free and have basically an identical gun to the DDM4 for a few hundred less.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You said it, I look at it as a coin flip.
    Luke 2:14
    USMC 03-08

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If all three were the same price, I'd put a blindfold on and just take one home.

Feedback Score
    Thats pretty much what I figured.

Feedback Score
    I would choose this and select the options to have the Magpul stock, BCM charging handle, and the Daniel Defense Omega Rail. Pay just a little extra and have a rifle that has most of the bells and whistles that you will need, or should I say "want"?

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ategory%3DBCOM
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    then again, Colt is still a Colt, no two ways about it. the only commercial available M4 build on the TDP.

All things equal, i would take a Colt any day!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If all are the same price and have GI style grips/handguards etc, then the Colt is the better buy as it has small features on it that the BCM and DD do not.

If the BCM and DD were $100 less than the Colt, then you might have a toss up.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    With the current DD offer and the hammer forged barrel, the DD would be my choice. If they didn't have the current offer, I'd likely buy the cheapest of the three.

All top quality guns, you can't go wrong.
    Last edited by IrishDevil; 10-14-09 at 20:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    If all are the same price and have GI style grips/handguards etc, then the Colt is the better buy as it has small features on it that the BCM and DD do not.

If the BCM and DD were $100 less than the Colt, then you might have a toss up.
    What small features are you talking about? I know the Colt has a side sling mount but can't think of anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast