Thread: Quick coupla questions on the Micro H-1

Feedback Score

Quick coupla questions on the Micro H-1

My new BCM midlength will be here shortly, and I'd like to put an optic on it. I have a few questions, as this will be my first rifle ever, and my first optic...

I live in the PNW, where it is currently torrential downpours with no sign of a break. I will be training in this madness, as it is pretty much the norm up here. I know the H-1 is water resistant, so no problems there. What about fogging?

I have a pretty bad astigmatism in both eyes (worse in my right eye) that is corrected with glasses/contacts. I know that glasses make it harder for me to see an EOtech (cheek weld pushes my glasses off my nose) but will that be an issue on an H-1? It isn't a big deal, as I can (and really should) wear and get used to my contacts.

So, I guess that's it. Seems kind of pointless, in retrospect!
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
    H.L. Mencken

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant; If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of Honor." -Omertà

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've never had any Aimpoint fog on me and I've used them in the rain more than a few times.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    There should be no fogging at all, if there is moisture has gotten inside the aimpoint and its defective. In basic the Aimpoints we used there had been so battered from use from JOEs they would fog and all sorts of other errors.