Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Featherweight

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Those are insanely light but what I hated about them is that the tube had to be glued to the bbl nut. If you had one covering a low pro gas block it'll be a bitch to remove the tube to change a gas tube.
    I have a hiperform litewieght CF FF handguard tube (they are supposed to lighter than the Clarks) but I am running it on a fixed front sight upper. I would be tempted to run the upper with the GB just a head of the end of the handguard if I had to glue it up.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Inspired by your post, I finally pulled the trigger on a DD lite 16 inch barrel and 6 inch DD light rail with Grant. Hopefully I will have it by next weekend. I was at a Hackathorn class this weekend and Sam from this forum had his. It was quite nice. I sold off my trusty Colt Tactical upper. It was a great upper but it is time for me to jump on the lightweight bandwagon.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Greg:
    You should have gotten the Troy Extreme rail like mine. I really like the 11" tube, you can mount the rear sight back from the front and put a light at 12 o'clock for ambidextrous use.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I wanted to keep a fixed front sight and I wanted a rail with a profile more like the one on my 416. Plus, I am not really sold on the 12 o'clock mount....yet.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    .... Plus, I am not really sold on the 12 o'clock mount....yet.
    Stubborn man.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Lol. I just went through my third carbine class in as many years with a hbar 1/9 with a surefire m500. Stubborn is the nice way of putting it.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My Troy TRX Extreme BattleRail 7.6in came in yesterday so today I took it to the Post Office. It has a scale in the lobby that is accessible when it’s closed.

Rail without barrel nut – 6.0oz.
    Rail with barrel nut – 7.5oz
    Two inch rail with screws and backing - .9oz
    Four inch rail with screws and backing – 1.6oz

Feedback Score
    Thank you for posting the weight list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    Thank you for posting the weight list.
    +1......this will come in handy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would reprofile the barrel to a lighter weight and that it. FMJs-of-Freedom

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast