Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Backup change of clothes?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    IN- So you are a Ranger that goes commando? Couldn't resist.

I like to keep xtra socks around for any situation. Heard too many stories from my father and his friends from Vietnam. I like the idea of vacuum packing clothes for storage in the trunk.(Zhurdan)

I have just decided to buy a vacuum sealer this weekend and put xtra clothes in our cars. If I get around to taking pics, and finish the honey do list, I'll post 'em.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    IN- So you are a Ranger that goes commando? Couldn't resist.
    Not these days. I got to wear a thin flight suit and it don't look good, especially those camel toes on the rear from wearing kit. Also, it has this long zipper in the front and... you get the picture.

BTW, the new Under Armor UA Tech shirts are much better than the standard ones. Feels like cotton, but much cooler.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    Ask a Floridian what the first part of them that sweats is after five minutes of walking or driving under a the sun. Underwear prevents chaffing, but a sweaty crotch is no damn fun.

Change of clothes is a good idea in general; shit spills, babies puke, etc.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Thumbs down

I have personally defecated in my pants (liquid shiquid ) while chopping a tree down (from either eating or drinking something I probably shouldn't have), while at least 2 miles into the woods.

Seriously, a change of drawers is a nice thing to have.

The man panties saved my pants.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 10-15-09 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    I have personally defecated in my pants (liquid shiquid ) while chopping a tree down (from either eating or drinking something I probably shouldn't have), while at least 2 miles into the woods.

Seriously, a change of drawers is a nice thing to have.

The man panties saved my pants.
    damn, dude...

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Hey, there's nothing more tactically un-sound than having 1 pair of pants with poop all over them.

I was out of town for four days, and brought one pair of ACU-type pants, and one ACU-type jacket.

It was the first day...

You never get to choose when you're gonna get a Havana Omelet. If you think you can "make it" and decide to do something physically exerting, like chopping a hardwood down with a machete, you most likely can't. You'll just end up with soiled britches, poor morale, and an extreme wish for an undie-reload.

*Another reason to keep some bandanas with you at all times

I'm sorry for bein' foul, but it's a true story; it's quite literally the nasty side of being prepared.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 10-15-09 at 19:20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I keep a change in my truck as well. Seasonally dependent, but normally it's some nondescript earth-tone clothes like khaki BDU pants, UA gear, and a spare pair of Wellco deserts. Comfortable, not expensive enough to worry about, and inconspicuous if I have to leave the vehicle. If it's cold/wet season, I add a Goretex jacket and some kind of fleece pullover. Underarmor is the key to comfort in any season for me, though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    IN- My brother! I owe you for one long good laugh. Camel toe in the rear! Instant classic. Hell, just a sticky with that as a title would be epic.

Watch out for the shit in dark places while in the box. You are well aware of how haj likes to shit in a dark place. Rear camel toe is no help. Just stay away from the camel rear. It is NOT as good as.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I keep a change of clothes in the car at all times, mainly so if I get soaked on the way into or at work I have something to change into. Cargo pants, t-shirt, hoodie and 2 pairs of socks. I HATE wearing wet socks. I used to keep a spare pair of boots in there but never used'em, so out they went. I keep a Bass Pro special rain suit and a spare baseball cap in there as well.

After reading this, I'll probably add a polo, a UA undershirt and the pair of boots back in. Perhaps a soft shell to replace the hoodie.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Everything I carry is out of my "seconds" collection which is pretty much anything more than a couple years old so it is all broken-in. No reason to spend $200 on something that will sit in a pack.
    2nd that,

It gives me a excuse to go buy the latest outer wear as some how I just don't seem to have any clothes in my closet (Maybe in my Pack) but not in my closet. I keep two vac-sealed packs, one for summer and one for winter clothes and I swap out the bags Oct-1 and May-21

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast