Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LWRC REPR On Sale

Feedback Score
    All for.... let's see....

Rifle: $1100
    Burris blemished XTR: $550
    Geissele NM: call it $300
    Magpul PRS: $250

What is that, $2200?? And she eats everything I have fed her, surplus NATO, Fed Match, hand loads...never a single malfunction.

What exactly does that rifle have that my DPMS doesnt? Someone, please....teach me the err of my ways.
    It has the PRS Stock, the Geissele trigger, cold hammer forged barrel, modular quad rail, adjustable gas piston operated ( 4 settings, normal, adverse, suppressed, and off). You are also paying for the research and development. The big money comes in the adjustable piston system on a 308 rifle.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Is the piston really worth all that scratch though?

I think on an SBR, the answer is definitely yes. Hell, I own a 10.5" M6A2 upper from LWRC. I think they're the tits.

But would I pay $3,500 for a REPR? Nope. Maybe $2600-3000, but $3K+ is just too much.

Feedback Score
    I do have to agree that $3600 for a 20" is high. I was lucky and ordered mine when it was still the SABR, and LWRC is honoring that price. Is it worth that much, I really won't know until I get one in hand. I have not been disapointed with LWRC yet, I doubt anything will change with this rifle. I have to admit that one of biggest draws to the gas piton, is the ease of cleaning. I have 3 DSA fal's, a Sig 556, a LWRC M6A2, and a LWRC PSD, and REPR on the way. I also have a silencer I am waiting for and have heard that they run cleaner with piston rifles, and better when you can regulate the gas.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If I ever get a high-paying job, I'll definitely buy a REPR. I've been lusting after them for a while, but can't afford it right now. My LWRC M6A1 upper has been great so far, and I expect the same from the REPR.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunadict View Post
    I also have a silencer I am waiting for and have heard that they run cleaner with piston rifles, and better when you can regulate the gas.
    Don't hold your breath, a ton of gas still comes back down the barrel and the action still gets fouled. Maybe it is slightly reduced, but your trigger group and mag followers will still be covered in crap.

I was holding out the same hope when I built my PWS upper a year and a half ago.

Feedback Score
    Rifle: $1100
    Burris blemished XTR: $550
    Geissele NM: call it $300
    Magpul PRS: $250

What is that, $2200?? And she eats everything I have fed her, surplus NATO, Fed Match, hand loads...never a single malfunction.

What exactly does that rifle have that my DPMS doesnt? Someone, please....teach me the err of my ways.
    PRS Stock, the Geissele trigger, cold hammer forged barrel, modular quad rail, adjustable gas piston operated ( 4 settings, normal, adverse, suppressed, and off).
    Complete Ni-Cor coated internals, one piece carrier, side charging handle than allows chambering a round without interference from the cheekweld or having to take your eye off of your target. Is the gas thing a big deal? Initial reports are extremely mild recoil for 7.62, and the ability to unload a couple of magazines and then pull the bolt carrier and it is still cool enough to hold in the palm of your hand. Then there is also the monolithic method of barrel and rail attachment that allows you to remove and reinstall the rail without having to re-zero your optics. There are countless intelligent design features and refinements that go one step beyond anything currently out there. Initial reports from Law Enforcement professionals indicate that it is the first AR format 7.62 that rivals bolt guns in accuracy.

The Marine Corps currently has a contract for the 20" sniper configurations, multiple Federal Agencies also have large orders in, and now the Army is looking at them, as well as a few undisclosed Federal Agencies have orders in. That means that they passed a battery of tests that competitors couldn't. They took 2000 or so direct civilian orders, before dealers began taking orders. Expect the backlog beyond what is already spoken for to be a year or more, so don't expect the market to be flooded with them anytime soon.

If you had an original order with them they are honoring the initial price estimates which are a few hundred less than MSRP. I am quite happy to spend $3100 on a bulletproof, top of the line, extremely accurate, semi auto .308 that doesn't need anything other than good optics and mount to be ready to rock. Also I have found their customer service and support to be outstanding. The only criticism I hear about LWRCi is that they spend FOREVER on R&D and refining a product before it is released. I would certainly prefer waiting to being disappointed, and yes I placed my order in January, and my rifle isn't scheduled to ship until next month..........but I feel good that it was worth the wait.

I have heard (I can't verify this) that they worked closely with Magpul, making sure that the upcoming polymer .308 mags will work reliably in them.
    Last edited by Trey73; 11-05-09 at 14:20. Reason: Ebonics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trey73 - please put some fact into your claims

USMC has a REPR requirement, to which they are looking heavily into the M110 SASS to futher their 180 Mk11 Mod1 guns.
    Just cause LWRCI is calling their gun the REPR does not make it the USMC gun, in the same way when Armalite failed the XM110 SASS trials and call their gun the "Super SASS" does not make it so.

Other than the DEA allowing the LWRCI 5.56mm gun to be used, I don't beleive they have a single contract.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234