Thread: Mockup of Lightweight Build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mockup of Lightweight Build

URL if the pic does not load (had some issues)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.ph...&pictureid=672

Mock-up of my build.

I’m waiting for the final parts. I weighed it today and it comes in at 6.70lbs w/o a mag. The m4 barrel is apparently 1lb lighter than the 16" HBAR that is on it now, so it should be just under 6lbs empty. I may end up running a Sully stock and a Magpul Grip, not sure yet though.

So here is the setup.

-BMF Lower & Upper
    -Houge Overmold Pistol Grip
    -LE Entry Stock with A2 Butplate
    -KNS non-rotating trigger/hammer pins
    -Trigger job (Done by myself) 4.5lb pull Zero creep
    -Duracoat Tactical Coyote Brown and Tactical Flat Dark Earth
    -BMF Carry Handle

Waiting to receive:

-BMF M4 profile 14.5” Chrome Lined (Used - 500 rounds w/ bolt)
    -Primary Weapon Systems FSC556 Compensator
    -DPMS Delta Ring, Weld Ring, and Snap Ring
    -MagPul Plastic Trigger Guard
    -DPMS 1” A2 Stock Extension ( Will put stock length to 8.5”)
    -Viking Mk2 Padded Sling w/ a2 adapter
    -Trijicon Night Sights

Let me know what you think! Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by 556mp; 10-13-09 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lets try this... photos are not working.... code is correct. I do sincerely apologize.

Feedback Score
    this is awesome! tell me about the stock and dpms spacer, this is what i am planing to get. who makes it and does it have a trap door for a cleaning kit? i plan to get the RRA entry stock. i have heard that the sully stock is on the heavy side, may hurt weight and idea of rifle. more pics keep us updated
    Last edited by goodale; 10-14-09 at 09:36. Reason: edit.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The carry handle is a pretty heavy way to add a fixed rear sight.

Take a look at the Daniel Defense, Troy, or Larue fixed rear sights. Even chopping the carry handle or getting LMT fixed rear would shave some of the weight of that handle off of there.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the input!

The entry stock does not come with a trap door butt plate. However, I've installed one from an a2 stock. I'm not sure if a cleaning kit will fit but I do keep my field repair kit in there. It works very well. The entry stock is nice and light however it is rather short if you do not wear heavy clothing (as you would hunting in the winter, or tach gear) I live in the north east and it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter so the clothing and gear i wear and carry varies greatly. That is why I plan to add the 1" aluminum spacer.

As far as sights go... I have just installed an A.R.M.S 40L-SP. I checked the weight difference with a postage scale. Cary handle is 8oz, and the ARMS 40L is 1.6oz. So that just shaved approximately 6.4 oz from my rifle. It went from being Approximately 5lb 11oz to 5lb 4oz getting there! Here is a couple pics. By the way, it is a very nice site.

One more Pic for comparison of the OAL.

I received My Compensator today

Last edited by 556mp; 10-15-09 at 17:40.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Today I put the barrel assembly together. Just waiting to finish removing the Duracoat on the lower(What a PAIN!)