Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A Brief Review of the Springfield Professional Operator

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    When the SWAT gun (Springfield Professional) was being tested & procured, HRT was still using its Les Baers ... or trying to, at least. It was only later that HRT decided to adopt the SWAT gun with some modifications.

Out of curiosity, what mods did HRT ask for?

I had a Pro for a while and loved it for the most part. My only issues were with the sights and the barrel bushing. I tried to adjust the rear sight, and it was impossible to move. I think they must put them in with a hydraulic press. I also prefer the bushings on 1911s to turn by hand rather than require a bushing wrench. But given the FBI accuracy requirements, a super tight bushing is kind of inevitable.

Also, keep in mind that the Springfield Custom Shop is awesome. After my ham fisted efforts at drifting the rear sight (that left it marred) I sent a target I shot along with the gun to Springfield asking them to adjust the sights. A couple of weeks later they returned the gun with new front and rear sights, no cost to me (expect shipping one way). The gun shot exactly where I needed it to. Great service.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good review. I have shot the MC Operator and liked the extra weight but would not like carrying it.

Based on my experience I wouldn't worry about the MIM thing. Springfield has a pretty good reputation with their quality.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    very nice, did you spec those cocking serrations? all of the pro's that i've seen, had the finer serrations
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    very nice, did you spec those cocking serrations? all of the pro's that i've seen, had the finer serrations
    No, I haven't measured them. They're the same rear cocking serrations that are found on the MC Operator though.

The non-railed Pro's have the finer serrations.

Feedback Score
    Nice review, well written.

I have been considering breaking down and getting a 1911 again.

I have been back and forth on a MC OP or.... but you sold me.

No time like overtime....

Thanks for the review.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great review, thanks for the write-up!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great write-up, thanks for sharing. But I just gotta know, what does a Professional run new from the custom shop price wise?
    MOLON LABE

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Great write-up, thanks for sharing. But I just gotta know, what does a Professional run new from the custom shop price wise?
    last i heard it was 2540$

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Now that's a sexy pistol!

Thanks for posting!
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    As a former owner of two SA Professionals that was a very fair and comprehensive review. Better than anything you could read in any gun rag.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast