Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Brief Review of the Springfield Professional Operator

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger325 View Post
    I too love my Pro (earlier, non-railed version) and took it through TigerSwan this spring - the one day followed by the two day pistol sessions. Kyle and JD both asked throughout, 'That 1911 gonna make it??' It did, with nary a hickup and Kyle felt obliged to post a pic of it on his blog.

But, I'm just an old 1911 guy......................

Ranger325, which grips are those? They look to me like Larry Davidson's black/gray G10 horned lizard, but I just want to confirm...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    HRT - they were included when I bought the pistol and that's what the seller said the are. They are great!! Not too agressive, but boy, do you get a good grip!!
    I highly recommend........FWIW.
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger325 View Post
    HRT - they were included when I bought the pistol and that's what the seller said the are. They are great!! Not too agressive, but boy, do you get a good grip!!
    I highly recommend........FWIW.
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I have the same grips on my 9x19mm Springfield 1911A1, and now I wanted to get the same ones for my Novak full-custom on my pre-enhanced Series 80 Colt MKIV Government Model built to the same FBI specifications (i.e. the Springfield Professional).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Great write-up, thanks for sharing. But I just gotta know, what does a Professional run new from the custom shop price wise?
    My co-workers are getting them new from the Springfield Armory Custom Shop for right around $1800.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadBomb View Post
    So . . . the $2,000 question that's been burning in my mind . . . should I send my TRP in to Springfield Custom Shop and have them make it a Pro?
    For the cost of the Professional package, pony up and buy a Pro. Keep the TRP as a very nice back up gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the review. I will add one bit of info on the pro although my numbers are from memory and may not be exact, but I will try to dig up the article.

The FBI mandated that the selected pistol would shoot something like 2" groups at 25 yards, then shoot 20K rounds, then reproduce the original 2" group at 25 yards. Of all the 1911's in hunt at the time, the Pro was the only winner of this particular requirement.

Again my numbers might be a bit off, I will try to find the article where I read it.

As for the Pro, I long to just shoot one, let alone buy one!

Feedback Score
    Great write up. Thanks for sharing

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456